Meditech

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meditech.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then one in person interview process

Interview Question – What is your best quality   Answer Question

Norwood, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Meditech in August 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview was a one on one interview with the recruiting (not actually human resources) group. Being right out of college, they asked me mostly behavioral questions and a little about the company. This was a pretty basic and straightforward interview. If you research the company a bit and ready to answer some of the basic interview questions, you should be fine on this one.

The next interview was to present to a group that I would be working with. I had to prepare a 15 minute presentation with the group that I would ultimately be working with. This was a presentation on any healthcare-related topic. 15 minutes isn't too long, so if you run through the interview a few times until you've got it at home, again, you should be good here.

Then you need to answer some behavioral questions again. They may talk to you about what you'd be doing a bit, show some positiveness to this. Be prepared again to answer the basic questions..'tell us about a difficult situation when...', 'where would you like to be in 5 years'.

The groups can vary in how 'intense' they are. Once you end up sitting down and working with the people, they are a lot more easy-going than how they made you feel about them in the interview.

Applications Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Meditech.

Interview Details – IQ test consisting of riddles, math test, writing sample, and finally a presentation in front of 4-5 people

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Applications Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Meditech.

Interview Details – The interview process involves three steps. First a short, initial interview to discuss your background and why you are interested. Then, if recruiting approves, an interview with the manager of a prospective group for management to decide if you're a good fit. Third, a meeting with a member of upper management for the final interview before they hire you.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a good fit for the company?   Answer Question

Applications Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Meditech.

Interview Details – Initial communication from recruiter was easy to setup interviews with, though you may find there are several weeks you will have to wait to get one. First interview with the recruiting team was a basic interview, if you are offered a second one expect to do a presentation for the hiring manager and team.

Interview Question – Did not expect to have to do an presentation, however if well prepared it shouldn't be to bad.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little if any negotiating

Westwood, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Meditech in August 2013.

Interview Details – Obtained a referral from a friend who worked at the company and submitted my application and resume through this friend. Initially I received an email after a few days saying they regretted to inform me that they wouldn't be hiring, but then they called me later that day saying the email was sent in error and they wanted me to come in. The rep from the recruiting department scheduled an interview three weeks in the future. The initial interview was fine, except they really harped on my college transcripts. I had been out of college for two years and already had another job at the time. It was four people at some managerial level. I was asked to prepare a ten minute presentation on any medical topic. It was mostly just to get a feel for my presentation skills and not about the content of the presentation so much. The interview lasted about 3 hours and at the end of it they had me fill out a few forms about background checks, reference verification, etc. I also had to write an essay about why I would be a good fit for the position, based on the detailed description of the position that they had given me during the interview. I got a call back a week later saying that the people I had interviewed with had decided to go in another direction but they wanted me to come back to interview with a different team. The second interview was two weeks later. It was with one regional manager and one person of unknown executive status who arrived late, stayed about ten minutes, then left to go to another meeting. This interview lasted about two hours. It was basically a repeat of the first interview. I did the same presentation and answered pretty much all the same questions. After this interview I felt pretty good, and I got a call the following week from recruiting offering me the position.

Interview Question – I had a withdrawal on my college transcript from a class that didn't matter to my degree during my senior year, and they asked me if this was an indication of an unwillingness to give effort to things that didn't strike me as particularly important. I understand the validity of the question but I just didn't expect them to give such close scrutiny to my college transcripts.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No salary negotiation. They offered 40,800 and I could take it or leave it. I have a liberal arts degree so that's about what I can expect at this time.

Applications Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Meditech.

Interview Details – I was referred by a fellow employee. The whole process took about 3 months.

Interview Question – What does service mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Applications Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Meditech.

Interview Details – The interview process takes awhile. You first meeting with a hiring specialist and take an IQ exam.

Weeks or months later you meet with possible team you will work for. Panel Review and then a written review of the job you will be doing. Some may need to present a demonstration.

If you proceed you meet with Managers of group.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Meditech in May 2012.

Interview Details – I met the recruiter at a job fair, she was very nice.

I had a phone interview with one of the top managers. It was mostly him sharing information about the position and benefits.

Then the recruiter brought me in for an interview. She wanted details on every job I have ever had in my life starting in high school. Then there was a three part written test. The office seemed nice and bright and open but once I started I found out that it is a very quiet place to work and my department commonly leaves the lights off all day.

Then I was brought back in to present to a group. It was my choice what to present but no details were given as to what they wanted and I had no idea who I was presenting to. It ended up being 5 managers, one of which was the office Director but I didn't know titles until after I was hired.

Interview Question – You are given a written test that had math problems and math word problem.
I was then give plans to build a ramp and asked to write out a test plan.
The last part was to write a review of the last restaurant I visited.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. The phone interview explains what they will offer, it is take it or leave it. When they call to set up the first interview they ask if you are willing to accept what was spelled out in the phone interview.

Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Meditech in September 2011.

Interview Details – - Referred by current employee
- Phone screening with HR
- 1.5 hour In-Person interview with recruiting. Included a logic exam and essay question.
- 3 hour interview with 6 people simultaneously. Also included me giving a 15 minute long presentation on the healthcare topic of my choice. Also included a logic test and short essay questions.
- Final interview with the Director. Not difficult or scary. Basically told me I would be getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you were a tree, what kind would you be.   View Answer
  • Describe "Common Sense" without using either of the words Common or Sense.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation is tolerated.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Meditech

Worked for Meditech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Meditech Applications Specialist interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Meditech employees and interview candidates.