Meditech Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Apr 4, 2015
Updated Apr 4, 2015

3.2

Clinical Implementation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Discovered them online, emailed my resume/cover letter to a recruiter, heard back a few weeks later for first interview. Went into the interview and the recruiter gave me a brief interview then a intellect test, in the cafeteria. Then got called back for 2 more additional interviews including a presentation with the team who was hiring.

Clinical Client Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was interesting. I arrived early. The facility was gorgeous. The individual interviewing me was a few minutes late. I received typical behavioral questions, however towards the end she switched to very negative type questions which I was not comfortable with. My personal opinion was that they were not interested in me and it simply gave off a bad vibe. I was asked to submit my transcripts and she commented that I transferred around a lot. I only went to one school all 4 years but I did take a few classes (5) at other schools. I was given a logic test after the interview and had to write 2 different writing assignments (They are easy, but review company and position bc that will come up). The interview process is drawn out and over the top...

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't get this job?
      What other companies are you looking at?
      Typical Behavioral Questions.

1 Answer

Implementation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Long interview process - HQ, then in individual offices. Takes forever to be in touch with recruiter. Have to do a PowerPoint or Google docs presentation to show you're competent. Presentation is on any health topic or a given set of questions about health topics (ARRA/Meaningful Use, etc). Interviewers will ask you basic questions, nothing extraordinary.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Originally applied for a client training specialist position, sending my resume through a university job bulletin. An HR woman called me about a week later. Given my technical background, she advised me to consider the Software Developer (SD) position. We spoke about three positions: SD, Programmer Analyst, and Client Training Specialist, and she informed me that the entry-level salaries ranged between 40-60K, with the SD position on the higher end of that scale. I called her a couple days later to set up an interview with her for the SD position. Being from out of state, I drove over 150 miles for the position. When I found out they do not pay for relocation, I knew I would not be reimbursed for travel.
    The woman I ended up interviewing with was not the one I spoke with on the phone. The interviewer asked many of the generic job interview questions. However, her focus was on my employment history from back in high school. She did not ask me about any of the technical research I conducted, which was at the top of my resume, and is much more relevant to the job. We had very little or no discussion about my technical skills. She told me the starting salaries ranged in the 30s to mid 40s. I was taken aback, because this was inconsistent with what I was told over the phone. Quite frankly, considering my background/experience, this was a slap in the face. Having done my research, I know that all of the salary data point at a median salary of 55-60K for an entry-level SD position in the Framingham area. Judging from my experience and the other reviews, Meditech is way below industry standards.
    Anyways, the interview was about an hour long, after which I took a programming test. The exam teaches you one of their proprietary languages, and you answer questions about each concept along the way. The last questions require you to bring together all/some of the concepts you learned. It was a rather fun exam, and I only had difficulty with one of the problems. I felt that this would only add as a positive to my application. At the end of the interview, I was told that after two weeks, I could call to inquire about my candidacy.
    A week and a half later, I received a generic rejection letter from Meditech. I called my interviewer, asking her why I was no longer being considered. She said that she could not tell me my exam score. I asked her how I did generally on the exam, and she said she could not say. I then asked her about other aspects of my application and again, she gave me no information, leaving me bewildered.
    It does not make any sense that she could not tell me anything about how I did on the exam or any other facet of my interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the one character trait you possess that is most detrimental to the people around you?
      ...or something to that effect

Answer Question

Applications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

First interview one on one with a recruiter. Very easy, general questions, make sure to ask for a second interview because they look for passion. Second interview, you are placed in a conference room with approximatly 7 people, from all different parts of the process. You are asked to develop a project beforehand, and present on it. The information matters, they are not just looking at your presentation skills! it is a 2 step interview process.

Interview Questions

• They really didnt ask too many tough questions, the hardest thing about it is the waiting period. getting through 2 interviews and a decision to hire or not took almost 2 months.   Answer Question

Applications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Phone interview and then one in person interview process

Senior Development Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA).

Interview

There will be an initial interview to determine where you best fit, then a second interview with managers and supervisors from that group.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much the standard questions you expect at an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given an offer and I accepted.

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Meditech (Westwood, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online and randomly heard back from the company about a month or so later. We set up a phone screening, which they asked general background and education questions. Seemed odd, but they focused solely on my undergraduate degree that was several years old, as opposed to my graduate degree. Went in for a 1:1 interview which lasted about 1.5 hours. First hour was basically a repetition of the phone interview, again with the most time spent going over my undergraduate course work. Zero focus on professional experience or graduate work. Last half hour was spent on a "test" to determine competency. Literally, a 3rd grader could answer 95% of the questions without hesitation.

Got called back about a week later, and they scheduled a panel review and presentation for about a month and a half in the future. Gave the presentation in front of a group of 5, that lasted about 15-20 minutes, then discussed educational background. There were a few hypothetical questions pertaining to ethics, disagreements at work, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what types of people you don't get alone with...   Answer Question

Applications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Meditech (Westwood, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

Obtained a referral from a friend who worked at the company and submitted my application and resume through this friend. Initially I received an email after a few days saying they regretted to inform me that they wouldn't be hiring, but then they called me later that day saying the email was sent in error and they wanted me to come in. The rep from the recruiting department scheduled an interview three weeks in the future. The initial interview was fine, except they really harped on my college transcripts. I had been out of college for two years and already had another job at the time. It was four people at some managerial level. I was asked to prepare a ten minute presentation on any medical topic. It was mostly just to get a feel for my presentation skills and not about the content of the presentation so much. The interview lasted about 3 hours and at the end of it they had me fill out a few forms about background checks, reference verification, etc. I also had to write an essay about why I would be a good fit for the position, based on the detailed description of the position that they had given me during the interview. I got a call back a week later saying that the people I had interviewed with had decided to go in another direction but they wanted me to come back to interview with a different team. The second interview was two weeks later. It was with one regional manager and one person of unknown executive status who arrived late, stayed about ten minutes, then left to go to another meeting. This interview lasted about two hours. It was basically a repeat of the first interview. I did the same presentation and answered pretty much all the same questions. After this interview I felt pretty good, and I got a call the following week from recruiting offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• I had a withdrawal on my college transcript from a class that didn't matter to my degree during my senior year, and they asked me if this was an indication of an unwillingness to give effort to things that didn't strike me as particularly important. I understand the validity of the question but I just didn't expect them to give such close scrutiny to my college transcripts.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation. They offered 40,800 and I could take it or leave it. I have a liberal arts degree so that's about what I can expect at this time.

Applications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Meditech (Canton, MA).

Interview

The Hiring and Interview Process is intense. There are typically 2-4 interviews, and depending on the positions, most include a presentation on your choice of medical topic.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to promise that you will stay there for a certain amount of time - typically 2 or 3 years. That was unexpected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me that the salary was not negotiable - and it was my first job, so there was no negotiation.