Meditech Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Jul 22, 2015

3.2

Senior Development Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA).

Interview

There will be an initial interview to determine where you best fit, then a second interview with managers and supervisors from that group.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much the standard questions you expect at an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given an offer and I accepted.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Meditech (Westwood, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online and randomly heard back from the company about a month or so later. We set up a phone screening, which they asked general background and education questions. Seemed odd, but they focused solely on my undergraduate degree that was several years old, as opposed to my graduate degree. Went in for a 1:1 interview which lasted about 1.5 hours. First hour was basically a repetition of the phone interview, again with the most time spent going over my undergraduate course work. Zero focus on professional experience or graduate work. Last half hour was spent on a "test" to determine competency. Literally, a 3rd grader could answer 95% of the questions without hesitation. Got called back about a week later, and they scheduled a panel review and presentation for about a month and a half in the future. Gave the presentation in front of a group of 5, that lasted about 15-20 minutes, then discussed educational background. There were a few hypothetical questions pertaining to ethics, disagreements at work, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what types of people you don't get alone with...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Meditech (Westwood, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

Obtained a referral from a friend who worked at the company and submitted my application and resume through this friend. Initially I received an email after a few days saying they regretted to inform me that they wouldn't be hiring, but then they called me later that day saying the email was sent in error and they wanted me to come in. The rep from the recruiting department scheduled an interview three weeks in the future. The initial interview was fine, except they really harped on my college transcripts. I had been out of college for two years and already had another job at the time. It was four people at some managerial level. I was asked to prepare a ten minute presentation on any medical topic. It was mostly just to get a feel for my presentation skills and not about the content of the presentation so much. The interview lasted about 3 hours and at the end of it they had me fill out a few forms about background checks, reference verification, etc. I also had to write an essay about why I would be a good fit for the position, based on the detailed description of the position that they had given me during the interview. I got a call back a week later saying that the people I had interviewed with had decided to go in another direction but they wanted me to come back to interview with a different team. The second interview was two weeks later. It was with one regional manager and one person of unknown executive status who arrived late, stayed about ten minutes, then left to go to another meeting. This interview lasted about two hours. It was basically a repeat of the first interview. I did the same presentation and answered pretty much all the same questions. After this interview I felt pretty good, and I got a call the following week from recruiting offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• I had a withdrawal on my college transcript from a class that didn't matter to my degree during my senior year, and they asked me if this was an indication of an unwillingness to give effort to things that didn't strike me as particularly important. I understand the validity of the question but I just didn't expect them to give such close scrutiny to my college transcripts.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation. They offered 40,800 and I could take it or leave it. I have a liberal arts degree so that's about what I can expect at this time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Meditech (Canton, MA).

Interview

The Hiring and Interview Process is intense. There are typically 2-4 interviews, and depending on the positions, most include a presentation on your choice of medical topic.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to promise that you will stay there for a certain amount of time - typically 2 or 3 years. That was unexpected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me that the salary was not negotiable - and it was my first job, so there was no negotiation.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Meditech (Westwood, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

3 interviews in total for about an hour each. The first interview was with a recruiter which didn't know much about the job. Second interview was with my direct supervisor who again couldn't explain the job very well. Third interview was a joke. Meet and greet with the director lasted 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What type of experiences have you overcome in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA).

Interview

i was first contacted by an individual in HR asking if I was interested in working under the position of clinical implementation specialist. He also asked me what I knew about Meditech, and then went to schedule a second interview in the Framingham office. About 2 weeks later I met with my interviewer. It was a pretty straight forward interview. He showed me around the Framingham office and explained what the position entailed. At the end of the interview I was asked to take a short skills test (pretty easy- unscramble words, if it's 10am and I read a book for 6 hrs. and 32 min., what time will I be finished, etc.) and to write a short essay on a favorite book or movie. I was also told that I would be invited to another interview where I would conduct a health related presentation. I hadn't heard back for about 2 weeks after the interview, so I called and was told I would hear back within a few days. A week later I recieved a call to schedule the second interview. 2 weeks later I presented my health related topic to a group panel of 4 supervisors. The questions were a bit more intense, and they thoroughly explained the job position making sure I felt that I would be happy in this position. 2 days later I recieved a call that someone else had been offered the position, but a different team wanted me to come back for an interview. 1 week later I went for my interview, where I conducted the same presentation to a group panel of 4 supervisors and was asked questions. I was then asked to write a short essay on why I felt I would be a good fit for the position and what I had learned about Meditech. I was then asked to meet with one of the head directors in the Framingham office. 1.5 weeks later I called to check my interview status, and it turned out they had offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate, but I had read that they will not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

In person interview with an HR and a college kid who was an intern. One of my first interviews so I was not as prepared as I am now. Just ask them a lot of questions and try to be super enthusiastic.

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

I received a call about a week after submitting my application through an employee. We talked for about 15 minutes, and I was told the base salary for the job ranges from 38-42 (entry-level position) and would require travelling about 60% of the time. We scheduled an interview at the Framingham office. My interviewer was nearly an hour late, with no apologies.. sat me down at a table in the cafeteria covered in crumbs. She asked me a few questions about my work experience, and shook/tapped her leg constantly, looked out the window, and looked at her watch. I was very obviously the last interview of the day and she was restless and not interested. After about 15 minutes, she gave me a word scramble and told me to turn it in at the desk, and left. In all, I drove nearly five hours round trip for that. (I had applied for an office closer to my town, but I needed to interview in Framingham.) About two weeks later, I got a rejection letter. I have never had such a disrespectful interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you don't get the job?   1 Answer

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Had to give a 15 minute presentation on SCM. Interviewed with 5-6 employees present. Took about 1.5 hours. Completed application forms, creative writing portion, skills test. Tour of facility.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

1. Submitted my resume, transcript, and Meditech general application to my college's career center for an On-Campus interview. 2. Heard back within a few days and scheduled an On-Campus interview with a Recruiter at the end of the following week. Recruiter was professional and asked general interview questions. Explained the position in some detail and the company culture. 3. Heard back 1.5-2 weeks later and scheduled an interview with a Group/Panel at their Framingham office. Met with a group of three people (who will be my supervisors/managers) and conducted a 10-15 PowerPoint presentation on any healthcare-related topic. (The topic is no so much the focus as your ability to give an informative and clear presentation.) Following the presentation they asked more specific question in relation to my resume experiences. One of the managers went into GREAT depth about the position and the company--travel, software basics. Following this, I was instructed to write a paragraph about my expectations of the job and the reasons why I would be a good fit. 4. Two weeks later I called to check-in and was told that my paperwork had went to the Hiring Groups and that there were conducting final interviews. I was told I should hear back within a week. 5. Called back the following week and was told that the Hiring Group was making their final decisions and that I would hear back the following week. 6. Called the next week and left a message with my case manager. She returned my call later that day and offered me the job. Very long process--but if Meditech is where you want to be, it's worth it. They want to know you are willing to stick with the process and check-in periodically (The same way they would expect you to treat a client.)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was given via phone with a formal offer mailed the following week. They are upfront about the starting salary, benefits, travel, and hours from the first interview--so there should be no surprise at their offer. No negotiation, I took the offer verbally.