Meditech

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Development Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Meditech in March 2013.

A very lengthy interview process - On campus recruiters took my resume in the Fall, and contacted me in January about applying. I filled out paperwork and was given a 1 hour online interview with a recruiter. About 2 weeks later I was scheduled to go to the Atlanta office to interview but had to reschedule due to illness. My rescheduled appointment had to be rescheduled as well due to the interviewer's illness. When I finally got to their campus, it consisted of 2 very lengthy programming exams after a brief tutorial on how the programming language they use works. Three of us took the first test, only 2 of us were invited back for the second one. About a month after this I was contacted for another online interview with 4 or 5 members of a development team. I finally submitted transcripts and recommendations and was asked if I would be able to start in May. (So ~4-5 months from start to finish).

Interview Questions
  • The interviewer stopped me halfway through the interview and asked me to interview him as if I was hiring for the position that I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Proprietary language seemed like a dead end for my career. It seemed like it would be a great place to work, though.

Other Interview Reviews for Meditech

Development Programmer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Meditech.

The hiring process was a very long process for me. It took around 8 months from first phone call to offer. The first interview was a programming test to evaluate your skill level. During the second interview, I met with 4 people from two different groups and they all asked me questions ranging from why I wanted to be a programmer to my transcripts. It rounded out with a short quiz with some problem solving so they could see how I do when presented with problems. There was a while before I went in for a third interview, this time with a different group of 4. They seemed to be very happy about having me there again, and it wasn't nearly as grueling as the first time. A month later, they called me with an offer.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, as the offer was very generous considering my level of skill.