Meditech

3.2

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meditech.

Originally applied for a client training specialist position, sending my resume through a university job bulletin. An HR woman called me about a week later. Given my technical background, she advised me to consider the Software Developer (SD) position. We spoke about three positions: SD, Programmer Analyst, and Client Training Specialist, and she informed me that the entry-level salaries ranged between 40-60K, with the SD position on the higher end of that scale. I called her a couple days later to set up an interview with her for the SD position. Being from out of state, I drove over 150 miles for the position. When I found out they do not pay for relocation, I knew I would not be reimbursed for travel.
    The woman I ended up interviewing with was not the one I spoke with on the phone. The interviewer asked many of the generic job interview questions. However, her focus was on my employment history from back in high school. She did not ask me about any of the technical research I conducted, which was at the top of my resume, and is much more relevant to the job. We had very little or no discussion about my technical skills. She told me the starting salaries ranged in the 30s to mid 40s. I was taken aback, because this was inconsistent with what I was told over the phone. Quite frankly, considering my background/experience, this was a slap in the face. Having done my research, I know that all of the salary data point at a median salary of 55-60K for an entry-level SD position in the Framingham area. Judging from my experience and the other reviews, Meditech is way below industry standards.
    Anyways, the interview was about an hour long, after which I took a programming test. The exam teaches you one of their proprietary languages, and you answer questions about each concept along the way. The last questions require you to bring together all/some of the concepts you learned. It was a rather fun exam, and I only had difficulty with one of the problems. I felt that this would only add as a positive to my application. At the end of the interview, I was told that after two weeks, I could call to inquire about my candidacy.
    A week and a half later, I received a generic rejection letter from Meditech. I called my interviewer, asking her why I was no longer being considered. She said that she could not tell me my exam score. I asked her how I did generally on the exam, and she said she could not say. I then asked her about other aspects of my application and again, she gave me no information, leaving me bewildered.
    It does not make any sense that she could not tell me anything about how I did on the exam or any other facet of my interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one character trait you possess that is most detrimental to the people around you?
      ...or something to that effect

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Meditech in May 2014.

First interview one on one with a recruiter. Very easy, general questions, make sure to ask for a second interview because they look for passion. Second interview, you are placed in a conference room with approximatly 7 people, from all different parts of the process. You are asked to develop a project beforehand, and present on it. The information matters, they are not just looking at your presentation skills! it is a 2 step interview process.

Interview Questions
    • They really didnt ask too many tough questions, the hardest thing about it is the waiting period. getting through 2 interviews and a decision to hire or not took almost 2 months.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meditech.

Phone interview and then one in person interview process

Senior Development Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Meditech.

There will be an initial interview to determine where you best fit, then a second interview with managers and supervisors from that group.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much the standard questions you expect at an interview.   Answer Question
    I was given an offer and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Meditech.

i was first contacted by an individual in HR asking if I was interested in working under the position of clinical implementation specialist. He also asked me what I knew about Meditech, and then went to schedule a second interview in the Framingham office. About 2 weeks later I met with my interviewer. It was a pretty straight forward interview. He showed me around the Framingham office and explained what the position entailed. At the end of the interview I was asked to take a short skills test (pretty easy- unscramble words, if it's 10am and I read a book for 6 hrs. and 32 min., what time will I be finished, etc.) and to write a short essay on a favorite book or movie. I was also told that I would be invited to another interview where I would conduct a health related presentation. I hadn't heard back for about 2 weeks after the interview, so I called and was told I would hear back within a few days. A week later I recieved a call to schedule the second interview. 2 weeks later I presented my health related topic to a group panel of 4 supervisors. The questions were a bit more intense, and they thoroughly explained the job position making sure I felt that I would be happy in this position. 2 days later I recieved a call that someone else had been offered the position, but a different team wanted me to come back for an interview. 1 week later I went for my interview, where I conducted the same presentation to a group panel of 4 supervisors and was asked questions. I was then asked to write a short essay on why I felt I would be a good fit for the position and what I had learned about Meditech. I was then asked to meet with one of the head directors in the Framingham office. 1.5 weeks later I called to check my interview status, and it turned out they had offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    I did not try to negotiate, but I had read that they will not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meditech in July 2012.

In person interview with an HR and a college kid who was an intern. One of my first interviews so I was not as prepared as I am now. Just ask them a lot of questions and try to be super enthusiastic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meditech in June 2012.

I received a call about a week after submitting my application through an employee. We talked for about 15 minutes, and I was told the base salary for the job ranges from 38-42 (entry-level position) and would require travelling about 60% of the time. We scheduled an interview at the Framingham office. My interviewer was nearly an hour late, with no apologies.. sat me down at a table in the cafeteria covered in crumbs. She asked me a few questions about my work experience, and shook/tapped her leg constantly, looked out the window, and looked at her watch. I was very obviously the last interview of the day and she was restless and not interested. After about 15 minutes, she gave me a word scramble and told me to turn it in at the desk, and left. In all, I drove nearly five hours round trip for that. (I had applied for an office closer to my town, but I needed to interview in Framingham.) About two weeks later, I got a rejection letter. I have never had such a disrespectful interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if you don't get the job?   View Answer

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Meditech in June 2012.

Had to give a 15 minute presentation on SCM.
    Interviewed with 5-6 employees present.
    Took about 1.5 hours.
    Completed application forms, creative writing portion, skills test.
    Tour of facility.

SQL Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Meditech in May 2012.

Recruiter in HR called me to set up time for an interview. Told me to bring three to four references, college transcripts and Meditech application. Interview took three hours. Met with a manager and team leader. Then met with Director and Team leader. Was very concerned about my commitment to the company.

Interview Questions
    • What are some negative experiences you had at work? How did you handle them?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Meditech in May 2012.

1. Submitted my resume, transcript, and Meditech general application to my college's career center for an On-Campus interview.

2. Heard back within a few days and scheduled an On-Campus interview with a Recruiter at the end of the following week. Recruiter was professional and asked general interview questions. Explained the position in some detail and the company culture.

3. Heard back 1.5-2 weeks later and scheduled an interview with a Group/Panel at their Framingham office. Met with a group of three people (who will be my supervisors/managers) and conducted a 10-15 PowerPoint presentation on any healthcare-related topic. (The topic is no so much the focus as your ability to give an informative and clear presentation.) Following the presentation they asked more specific question in relation to my resume experiences. One of the managers went into GREAT depth about the position and the company--travel, software basics. Following this, I was instructed to write a paragraph about my expectations of the job and the reasons why I would be a good fit.

4. Two weeks later I called to check-in and was told that my paperwork had went to the Hiring Groups and that there were conducting final interviews. I was told I should hear back within a week.

5. Called back the following week and was told that the Hiring Group was making their final decisions and that I would hear back the following week.

6. Called the next week and left a message with my case manager. She returned my call later that day and offered me the job.

Very long process--but if Meditech is where you want to be, it's worth it. They want to know you are willing to stick with the process and check-in periodically (The same way they would expect you to treat a client.)

Interview Questions
    Offer was given via phone with a formal offer mailed the following week. They are upfront about the starting salary, benefits, travel, and hours from the first interview--so there should be no surprise at their offer. No negotiation, I took the offer verbally.