Meditech Implementation Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

3.1

Implementation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meditech.

Interview

After a phone screening was called into interview with a person in HR. At the end of the interview I was asked to answer a few questions and submit a short writing sample for a question they provided. Afterwards I interviewed with people from the team I'd be working with and had to prepare a ten minute presentation for a topic they provided. Once again at the end of the interview I was asked to submit a writing sample of what my understanding of the job would be and why I'd be good at it. Be prepared for a relatively long interview process and several writing samples.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Meditech

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Long interview process - HQ, then in individual offices. Takes forever to be in touch with recruiter. Have to do a PowerPoint or Google docs presentation to show you're competent. Presentation is on any health topic or a given set of questions about health topics (ARRA/Meaningful Use, etc). Interviewers will ask you basic questions, nothing extraordinary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA).

Interview

i was first contacted by an individual in HR asking if I was interested in working under the position of clinical implementation specialist. He also asked me what I knew about Meditech, and then went to schedule a second interview in the Framingham office. About 2 weeks later I met with my interviewer. It was a pretty straight forward interview. He showed me around the Framingham office and explained what the position entailed. At the end of the interview I was asked to take a short skills test (pretty easy- unscramble words, if it's 10am and I read a book for 6 hrs. and 32 min., what time will I be finished, etc.) and to write a short essay on a favorite book or movie. I was also told that I would be invited to another interview where I would conduct a health related presentation. I hadn't heard back for about 2 weeks after the interview, so I called and was told I would hear back within a few days. A week later I recieved a call to schedule the second interview. 2 weeks later I presented my health related topic to a group panel of 4 supervisors. The questions were a bit more intense, and they thoroughly explained the job position making sure I felt that I would be happy in this position. 2 days later I recieved a call that someone else had been offered the position, but a different team wanted me to come back for an interview. 1 week later I went for my interview, where I conducted the same presentation to a group panel of 4 supervisors and was asked questions. I was then asked to write a short essay on why I felt I would be a good fit for the position and what I had learned about Meditech. I was then asked to meet with one of the head directors in the Framingham office. 1.5 weeks later I called to check my interview status, and it turned out they had offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate, but I had read that they will not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

In person interview with an HR and a college kid who was an intern. One of my first interviews so I was not as prepared as I am now. Just ask them a lot of questions and try to be super enthusiastic.

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

I received a call about a week after submitting my application through an employee. We talked for about 15 minutes, and I was told the base salary for the job ranges from 38-42 (entry-level position) and would require travelling about 60% of the time. We scheduled an interview at the Framingham office. My interviewer was nearly an hour late, with no apologies.. sat me down at a table in the cafeteria covered in crumbs. She asked me a few questions about my work experience, and shook/tapped her leg constantly, looked out the window, and looked at her watch. I was very obviously the last interview of the day and she was restless and not interested. After about 15 minutes, she gave me a word scramble and told me to turn it in at the desk, and left. In all, I drove nearly five hours round trip for that. (I had applied for an office closer to my town, but I needed to interview in Framingham.) About two weeks later, I got a rejection letter. I have never had such a disrespectful interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you don't get the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Westwood, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Received a phone call from someone in the Recruiting department basically saying that they received my inquiry about the job and asked me a couple questions about what I knew about Meditech. Make sure to go to their website before they call you and read up on what they do here at Meditech. It's basically an initial interview and if it seems like you don't know anything about what they do, they won't even give you a one on one interview. They are really nice people here at the office from the initial interview all the way until you finally get to sit behind your desk.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself fitting into the job you applied for in Meditech?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, I took their first offer as soon as I received it.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Atlanta, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

MEDITECH - ATLANTA Formerly PtCT I did not work for this company, but did interview with them. I submitted my resume for a developer position and got a call back in less than a week. I was told that there was an implementation position that might be a better fit, given my background and experience displayed on my resume. I was interested in this and was called in for the initial interview. I met with the recruiter and had to fill out some paper work, hand over my transcripts, and write a creative essay. Then I was called back to perform an instructional presentation, which I thought went very well. Then I was called back a third time to meet with someone from the Support department. The director asked if I wanted a job in Support, which confused me because I thought that I was interviewing for the implementation role the entire time. He seemed ready to extend a job offer. I told him that I would still like to pursue the other position. Communication through email was very easy and prompt up to this point, but when I got back home and emailed a couple of contacts a few days later, I got nothing back. The next day, I get a rejection letter in the mail. My understanding is that they wanted to hire someone who will take a salary in the lower range (32k), which wouldn't even cover my bills. I could have gotten by with the upper range of their salary offering (42K). Up to the final meeting, I was assured that everything was moving along and the outlook on my employment was still pretty good. It might be a blessing in disguise, I'm interviewing with another company that has a higher pay scale and uses non-proprietary languages for their code. All it cost me was a tank of gas and about 10 hours of my time.

Interview Questions

• What position would you like?   1 Answer

Implementation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meditech in June 2011.

Interview

The first consisted of a resume review; the reviewer made little eye contact and wrote every word down. She described the job and its responsibilities and said I would move onto the next round. Seemed like a waste of time and energy spent traveling there. Very easily could have conducted a phone interview to save me the hour drive to their complex. They seemed more interested in hiring a body than a person.

Purused another opportunity

Implementation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Meditech in January 2011.

Interview

You will have to meet several times. The first is a one on one with a recruiter where you will take a writting test and be asked some general info. The second is a presentation and a team that will interview you and its very intense. If you make it too the third then its just a follow up with upper management, you pretty much have the job if you made it to here.

Interview Questions

• Write about your favorite sports   1 Answer

Negotiation

NO NEGOTIATIONS