Meditech Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2014

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meditech.

Originally applied for a client training specialist position, sending my resume through a university job bulletin. An HR woman called me about a week later. Given my technical background, she advised me to consider the Software Developer (SD) position. We spoke about three positions: SD, Programmer Analyst, and Client Training Specialist, and she informed me that the entry-level salaries ranged between 40-60K, with the SD position on the higher end of that scale. I called her a couple days later to set up an interview with her for the SD position. Being from out of state, I drove over 150 miles for the position. When I found out they do not pay for relocation, I knew I would not be reimbursed for travel.
    The woman I ended up interviewing with was not the one I spoke with on the phone. The interviewer asked many of the generic job interview questions. However, her focus was on my employment history from back in high school. She did not ask me about any of the technical research I conducted, which was at the top of my resume, and is much more relevant to the job. We had very little or no discussion about my technical skills. She told me the starting salaries ranged in the 30s to mid 40s. I was taken aback, because this was inconsistent with what I was told over the phone. Quite frankly, considering my background/experience, this was a slap in the face. Having done my research, I know that all of the salary data point at a median salary of 55-60K for an entry-level SD position in the Framingham area. Judging from my experience and the other reviews, Meditech is way below industry standards.
    Anyways, the interview was about an hour long, after which I took a programming test. The exam teaches you one of their proprietary languages, and you answer questions about each concept along the way. The last questions require you to bring together all/some of the concepts you learned. It was a rather fun exam, and I only had difficulty with one of the problems. I felt that this would only add as a positive to my application. At the end of the interview, I was told that after two weeks, I could call to inquire about my candidacy.
    A week and a half later, I received a generic rejection letter from Meditech. I called my interviewer, asking her why I was no longer being considered. She said that she could not tell me my exam score. I asked her how I did generally on the exam, and she said she could not say. I then asked her about other aspects of my application and again, she gave me no information, leaving me bewildered.
    It does not make any sense that she could not tell me anything about how I did on the exam or any other facet of my interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one character trait you possess that is most detrimental to the people around you?
      ...or something to that effect
        Answer Question

Applications Specialist Interview

One phone interview, one in person interview. There were three people interviewing me at the interview. I had to give a presentation that combined IT and Healthcare but I could pick the topic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Meditech in May 2014.

First interview one on one with a recruiter. Very easy, general questions, make sure to ask for a second interview because they look for passion. Second interview, you are placed in a conference room with approximatly 7 people, from all different parts of the process. You are asked to develop a project beforehand, and present on it. The information matters, they are not just looking at your presentation skills! it is a 2 step interview process.

Interview Questions
    • They really didnt ask too many tough questions, the hardest thing about it is the waiting period. getting through 2 interviews and a decision to hire or not took almost 2 months.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meditech.

Phone interview and then one in person interview process

Applications Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Meditech.

IQ test consisting of riddles, math test, writing sample, and finally a presentation in front of 4-5 people

No negotiation.

Applications Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Meditech.

The interview process involves three steps. First a short, initial interview to discuss your background and why you are interested. Then, if recruiting approves, an interview with the manager of a prospective group for management to decide if you're a good fit. Third, a meeting with a member of upper management for the final interview before they hire you.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for the company?   Answer Question

Applications Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Meditech.

Initial communication from recruiter was easy to setup interviews with, though you may find there are several weeks you will have to wait to get one. First interview with the recruiting team was a basic interview, if you are offered a second one expect to do a presentation for the hiring manager and team.

Interview Questions
    • Did not expect to have to do an presentation, however if well prepared it shouldn't be to bad.   Answer Question
    Very little if any negotiating

Quality Control Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Meditech.

Started getting contacted after college job fair. Then followed up with hour phone interview on the position, pay, and benefits. Called in for "in person" interview. Lasted hour and a half and consisted of them telling me more about the job and then why I should work there. Also had to write a short 3-4 paragraph essay on what I think the Quality Control job consisted of and why I should work there.

Interview Questions
    • Writing a 3-4 paragraph in essay for about what the position consisted of and why I should work there.   View Answer

Senior Development Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Meditech.

There will be an initial interview to determine where you best fit, then a second interview with managers and supervisors from that group.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty much the standard questions you expect at an interview.   Answer Question
    I was given an offer and I accepted.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Meditech.

There was an initial phone interview. Followed by an on-site programming test in their proprietary language (3 parts to the test). The final round interview was on-site, and consisted of 4 consecutive short interviews with different supervisors. Received a call with an offer, and then followed by an offer letter. Relatively long hiring and interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Worked for Meditech? Contribute to the Community!