Meditech

Updated Jan 24, 2015
Updated Jan 24, 2015

3.2

Client Support Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Meditech.

The process consisted of an interview with a recruiter and a team/manager interview. The recruiter interview was about an hour and a half in-person interview. They have you take a written test at this interview that they then share with the team you have your second interview with. At the second interview, you do a 15 minute presentation followed by behavioral interview questions and another written test.

Non-negotiable.

Applications Specialist Interview

You'll get two interviews. First is with "HR", or the Meditech Recruiting department. You'll take an IQ Quiz and answer some very "HR" type questions (strengths and weaknesses, yada yada). Second interview is with the people who will decide if you actually get the job. Involves a 5 minute presentation on a topic given to you at first interview. Bring slides in case your powerpoint doesn't open.

Interview Questions
    • The second interview could ask you tougher questions about your experience with customer service.   Answer Question
    There's no negotiation. You'll receive the offer and you will be told it's non-negotiable.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Meditech in October 2014.

Long interview process - HQ, then in individual offices. Takes forever to be in touch with recruiter. Have to do a PowerPoint or Google docs presentation to show you're competent. Presentation is on any health topic or a given set of questions about health topics (ARRA/Meaningful Use, etc). Interviewers will ask you basic questions, nothing extraordinary.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meditech.

Originally applied for a client training specialist position, sending my resume through a university job bulletin. An HR woman called me about a week later. Given my technical background, she advised me to consider the Software Developer (SD) position. We spoke about three positions: SD, Programmer Analyst, and Client Training Specialist, and she informed me that the entry-level salaries ranged between 40-60K, with the SD position on the higher end of that scale. I called her a couple days later to set up an interview with her for the SD position. Being from out of state, I drove over 150 miles for the position. When I found out they do not pay for relocation, I knew I would not be reimbursed for travel.
    The woman I ended up interviewing with was not the one I spoke with on the phone. The interviewer asked many of the generic job interview questions. However, her focus was on my employment history from back in high school. She did not ask me about any of the technical research I conducted, which was at the top of my resume, and is much more relevant to the job. We had very little or no discussion about my technical skills. She told me the starting salaries ranged in the 30s to mid 40s. I was taken aback, because this was inconsistent with what I was told over the phone. Quite frankly, considering my background/experience, this was a slap in the face. Having done my research, I know that all of the salary data point at a median salary of 55-60K for an entry-level SD position in the Framingham area. Judging from my experience and the other reviews, Meditech is way below industry standards.
    Anyways, the interview was about an hour long, after which I took a programming test. The exam teaches you one of their proprietary languages, and you answer questions about each concept along the way. The last questions require you to bring together all/some of the concepts you learned. It was a rather fun exam, and I only had difficulty with one of the problems. I felt that this would only add as a positive to my application. At the end of the interview, I was told that after two weeks, I could call to inquire about my candidacy.
    A week and a half later, I received a generic rejection letter from Meditech. I called my interviewer, asking her why I was no longer being considered. She said that she could not tell me my exam score. I asked her how I did generally on the exam, and she said she could not say. I then asked her about other aspects of my application and again, she gave me no information, leaving me bewildered.
    It does not make any sense that she could not tell me anything about how I did on the exam or any other facet of my interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one character trait you possess that is most detrimental to the people around you?
      ...or something to that effect

Answer Question

Client Support Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Meditech in September 2014.

Very lengthy process. 3 weeks before I received a phone call, then had to wait another two weeks for an interview. Expect the process to take 2+ months.

The first interview is very cliche, things like "What is your dream job?", "What is your greatest weakness" etc. I was expecting questions that relate more to competence/experience but they did not seem to care about that as much. My advice would be to just tell them what they want to hear.

Interview Questions
    • "What is a negative trait you do not want your coworkers to know about".   Answer Question

Applications Specialist Interview

One phone interview, one in person interview. There were three people interviewing me at the interview. I had to give a presentation that combined IT and Healthcare but I could pick the topic.

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Meditech in May 2014.

First interview one on one with a recruiter. Very easy, general questions, make sure to ask for a second interview because they look for passion. Second interview, you are placed in a conference room with approximatly 7 people, from all different parts of the process. You are asked to develop a project beforehand, and present on it. The information matters, they are not just looking at your presentation skills! it is a 2 step interview process.

Interview Questions
    • They really didnt ask too many tough questions, the hardest thing about it is the waiting period. getting through 2 interviews and a decision to hire or not took almost 2 months.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meditech.

Phone interview and then one in person interview process

Applications Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Meditech.

IQ test consisting of riddles, math test, writing sample, and finally a presentation in front of 4-5 people

No negotiation.

Home Care Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Meditech in March 2014.

I believe this position is best for people with a h/o critical thinking and IT. The phone interview occurred 2 weeks after I sent my resume, and went very well to the point that the recruiter spoke as though the job was mine if I wanted it, NOT THE CASE. I had the in person interview with just the recruiter which seemed pointless until she pulled out a packet, statomg I would be required to take an assessment. I clearly told the recruiter I had a strictly science/medical background and she made it seem like I would fit right in. The test questions were mostly critical thinking which is not my forte. There was also an essay, and a problem solving questions. I knew I didn't get the job after the test.

Recommendation: Drop the assessment for a position which doesn't require IT or critical thinking skills. Inform the candidate that the in person interview is with the recruiter again and will take approximately 3- 4 hours long.

Interview Questions
    • How to build a ramp with specified measurememts given.   Answer Question