Meditech

64 candidate interviews

Applications Specialist Interview

Applications Specialist
Framingham, MA

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Meditech in July 2007.

Interview Details – Meditech has a very extensive interview process that you have to take seriously if you are going to get offered a position. The first interview is a general screening by an HR rep to find a position suitable for your interests and experience. If the HR rep finds a position you will move to a second interview with your potential supervisors and manager. At this interview I was required to do a 15 minute presentation on any health related topic since my position required presenting. I was also asked to give a quick writing sample of a couple paragraphs on why I wanted this job. If this interview went well you will be invited back for a third interview with the manager and director of the group that you are interviewing for. This is the final interview where salary is briefly discussed, although I don't think there is room to negotiate. After this interview they will let you know that they are going to make a decision and to expect a call within a week. That call came the very next day for me where they offered me the position.

Interview Question – After your presentation they ask you questions and will eventually ask you a question that you do not know the answer to.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't really try, but if I were you I would let them know that you do not expect to get the minimum for the position and why you deserve to start somewhere in the middle, otherwise, they will give you the minimum.

Marketing Support Representative and Applications Specialist Interview

Marketing Support Representative and Applications Specialist
Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Meditech in October 2009.

Interview Details – First, my resume was forwarded to the recruiting department through a current employee of the company. According to the recruiting department, the meditech recruiting department gets 60% of its new hires through current employee referrals. A couple weeks later I was called by a recruiter to go over the details of the position. Everything was laid out on the table, travel requirements, job location, benefits and a salary range. At the end of the conversation an initial face to face interview was scheduled with the same person for a few weeks later. The face to face interview consisted of many open ended questions "what are you most proud of" or "Tell me about a time you failed at something" or "How would you handle a co-worker that was not pulling their weight and it was affecting the team" etc. The recruiter showed up 30 minutes late to the interview, but was courteous and seemed genuine...not fake or corporate. She gave a genral idea of what working at meditech would be like. At the end of the interview, she gave no indication of whether I would recieve a call back but told me that if I did the next step would be a panel interview and a 15 minute presentation on any medically related topic. Two weeks later I was called and invited to come in for a panel interview/presentation. This interview was a bit more intense. The interview started with the presentation, there were 5 or 6 people present. I prepared a 10 slide powerpoint and a supplementary handout and I practiced the presentation a few times at home before the interview. After the presentation, the group asked questions about my topic which I did my best answering. They did not seem to expect me to be a subject matter expert, they were very informal and friendly. The interview portion seemed to take on a tone of the group telling me stories from their years working the job I was interviewing for and gaugeing my reaction to the job description. I had been pretty well prepared by the recruiting department for what the job would be like so the stories basically matched what I was already expecting. There were no open ended questions during this interview, none of that "what would you do if you found a wallet with a thousand dollars" type of thing. They wanted to talk about my relavent experience, give me as much warning as they could about how hard the job was going to be, and generally get to know me. The interview went well. They told me that they would talk about it and that if they decided to recommend me the next step would be a meeting with the VP of the department. About a week later I recieved a call from the recruiter informing me that I had been recommended and that the VP would be available for a meeting several weeks later. I confirmed the appointment and at that interview I met with the very friendly VP. She expressed some concern about my level of experience but she made me comfortable and I explained to her that if she gave me the opportunity I would not let her down. She told me she would talk to the team and find a slot for me and that the recruiter would call me soon. A few days later I recieved the official offer via phone from the recruiter. Overall, each step of the interview process was a little bit nerve racking and there were long waiting periods where you would not hear back from them in between, but it was a good experience and I took the position and am happily working here now.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating. The VP determines the offer and the recruiter delivers it. They tell you over the telephone before you even arrive for your first interview that the offer is what it is and they have a no negotiation policy. The offers are low, so prepare yourself for that, but the benefits + bonus + profit sharing seem to about balance out. Also, its a recession and they are actively hiring which is a huge plus for them.

Client Support Specialist Interview

Client Support Specialist
Westwood, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meditech in May 2011.

Interview Details – I went to the job fair at my school and signed up for an on-campus interview with Meditech. I met with a recruiter for that interview. It lasted about a half hour. She asked me typical interview questions which I was prepared for. I knew a lot about the company which really helped. It went well and I received a call the next day inviting me to a second interview in Canton, MA. I was told I had to give a 10-15 minute presentation on a health topic. I read reviews like this one online and was under the impression I'd be giving a presentation to several people. Instead, I met with one person (who will be my supervisor when I start the job in a few weeks). She was very nice. I gave the presentation and she explained the job in more detail. I was dressed in a suit. I gave her my three references and she asked me to write a few paragraphs about what my perception of the job was and why I thought I'd be good at it. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. My references told me that over the next week they were called and gave extensive reviews of my performance and capabilities. I was called exactly one week later and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate. I'm pretty sure the offer is final, but there is a salary range for each position. I think I was offered the salary on the higher end because I took the interviewing process very seriously. I dressed appropriately, made sure I knew all about the company, and expressed I was interested in a long-term career there. A high GPA and great references are important.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Client Support Interview

Client Support
Westwood, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meditech in April 2011.

Interview Details – Had an initial interview on my college campus. Then was called for an on-site interview at the office. Process, which included a presentation, writing assignment, and multiple personality tests, lasted about 2 hours. The people were professional and polite, but not overly friendly. I felt that the interview went pretty well, but about 2 weeks later I received a letter in the mail saying they would not be offering the position.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to respond to a complaint at work and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Implementation Specialist Interview

Implementation Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Meditech in June 2011.

Interview Details – The first consisted of a resume review; the reviewer made little eye contact and wrote every word down. She described the job and its responsibilities and said I would move onto the next round. Seemed like a waste of time and energy spent traveling there. Very easily could have conducted a phone interview to save me the hour drive to their complex. They seemed more interested in hiring a body than a person.

Interview Question – What your references recommend you improve upon?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Purused another opportunity

Quality Control Interview

Quality Control
Canton, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meditech in September 2011.

Interview Details – First interview was easy with recruiter. Second was with who would be your direct supervisor. Thought for sure I got the job but never head back, no rejection letter. They are big on making sure you are planning on sticking around since a lot of employees leave because of their crap pay.

Interview Question – Why meditech?   Answer Question

Client Support Specialist Interview

Client Support Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Meditech in January 2012.

Interview Details – Initially interviewed with someone in the recruitment office. This meeting was a general review of my resume and the company, as well as the positions that they thought I would be good for. I got a call about a week later asking if I wanted to come in for a second interview with someone else. I was told to prepare a presentation on any healthcare topic. I was under the impression that this presentation would be in front of multiple people but it was just one person. I gave my presentation, the interviewer asked me questions and discussed the position with me. She made the job sound horrible. I didn't think I would be called back for another interview but the following week my references were checked and I got a call asking me to come in for a third interview with the director of the department I would be working in. The interview process takes forever!

Interview Question – What is greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Client Support Interview

Client Support
Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Meditech in March 2012.

Interview Details – Initial interview was with someone from recruiting. We met for a while. He was very nice and answered all of my questions. We reviewed my transcript, resume, and references. I took a short test and had to write a paragraph. Second interview took a month to be scheduled - had to prepare a presentation on any medical topic (10-15 min long). Found out the next day that I would be scheduling a third interview which is coming up later this month.

Interview Questions

• What is your role when working with a team?   View Answer
  • What kind of environment works for you to do well in?   View Answer

Implementation Specialist Interview

Implementation Specialist
Westwood, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Meditech in October 2011.

Interview Details – Received a phone call from someone in the Recruiting department basically saying that they received my inquiry about the job and asked me a couple questions about what I knew about Meditech. Make sure to go to their website before they call you and read up on what they do here at Meditech. It's basically an initial interview and if it seems like you don't know anything about what they do, they won't even give you a one on one interview. They are really nice people here at the office from the initial interview all the way until you finally get to sit behind your desk.

Interview Question – How do you see yourself fitting into the job you applied for in Meditech?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I took their first offer as soon as I received it.

Development Specialist Interview

Development Specialist
Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Meditech in June 2011.

Interview Details – A very long, drawn out process.There were multiple interviews (usually 3 for most people, one with a recruiter, one with a hiring manager and other and one with a director or VP), a Logic test ("if susie is taller than bob, and billy is shorter than bob" kind of questions), and a writing sample.

Interview Question – From the Logic test. "What is once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in a thousand years?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable salary and benefits. (They tell you all this in the first interview)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Meditech

Worked for Meditech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Meditech interview questions and advice. All 64 interview reviews posted anonymously by Meditech employees and interview candidates.