Meditech

Average Difficulty
64 candidate interviews

Development Programmer Interview

Development Programmer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Meditech.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a very long process for me. It took around 8 months from first phone call to offer. The first interview was a programming test to evaluate your skill level. During the second interview, I met with 4 people from two different groups and they all asked me questions ranging from why I wanted to be a programmer to my transcripts. It rounded out with a short quiz with some problem solving so they could see how I do when presented with problems. There was a while before I went in for a third interview, this time with a different group of 4. They seemed to be very happy about having me there again, and it wasn't nearly as grueling as the first time. A month later, they called me with an offer.

Interview Question – Why are you looking to relocate to Massachusetts?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, as the offer was very generous considering my level of skill.

Applications Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Meditech.

Interview Details – Initial interview was with the recruiting depeartment. They were very good despite asking the basic questions. They didn't give anything away but were friendly. They did have ask about a C I got in a class in college despite the fact that I had graduated and been working for two years. This didn't make a ton of sense but oh well. Second interview was with a supervisor and manager in the group I was interviewing for and I had to prepare a presentation on some healthcare topic. This wasn't so bad if you enjoy presenting.

Interview Question – NDA   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate which was bothersome

Applications Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Meditech.

Interview Details – The interview process takes awhile. You first meeting with a hiring specialist and take an IQ exam.

Weeks or months later you meet with possible team you will work for. Panel Review and then a written review of the job you will be doing. Some may need to present a demonstration.

If you proceed you meet with Managers of group.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviewed at Meditech

Interview Details – One phone interview, one in person interview. There were three people interviewing me at the interview. I had to give a presentation that combined IT and Healthcare but I could pick the topic.

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Meditech in November 2012.

Interview Details – After applying at a college job fair, they gave a skype interview. They liked me and had me drive to Atlanta at my own expense, saying they would interview me and give me a few tests. Once I got there, they had me take tests that would have been easily taken online, and *didn't* interview me like they said they were. They conducted all the interviews on skype later. It was absurd, disorganized, and disrespectful to me as an applicant.

Interview Question – They gave me a programming test in their proprietary language after giving me a tutorial. I knew what I wanted to do, because I know how to write real programs, but didn't know how or even if their language did it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – MEDITECH uses a proprietary language, which is a huge hindrance for your career and should be a huge red flag. I asked them when I was there why they use a proprietary language, and their answer was essentially "There were advantages, but they are becoming less clear as the field develops." Stay away. By the end of the process, being unemployed was preferable to working at MEDITECH. And probably better for my career.

Very Easy Interview

Programmer Interview

Programmer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meditech in June 2012.

Interview Details – I received a phone interview after applying online. Was kind of surprised because my qualifications were not the greatest. Was one of those hopeful applications. the recruiter talked with me about the position and how much it paid 40-50k to start. I was pleased with that as I was a broke still in school college kid. He went over the company their policies why i wanted to work there and so on. He then scheduled an in person interview a week later. This was at their frammingham office.

The frammingham office looks great, very impressive building. I walked in and was greated by 2 older ladies and was told to sign and wait for my recruiter. He showed up eventually, on time I was pretty early. The interview was in a panel format and went into great detail of my resume and why meditech and so on. what they expected of me and the salary again. People who get hired here and complain about the salary is puzzling. They make a pretty good point to consistently remind of you what they pay. I liked the offer again. I was then taken on a tour of the place to get a feel of meditech and then lead to take a test to test my skills.

The test is pretty straight forward programmer test, you need to know the basics of how programming works. Loops, sorts and sequences. Pretty standard stuff any first year CS student should know. I blazed through it took about 30 minutes they said could take up to 3 hours. After the test, i was told I would hear in 1-2 weeks about the test.

Two days later I was called back and was told to meet with my group supervisor, I went there and it was fairly straightforward. I guess i scored very high or near perfect as the job was already mine. I left with a good vibe and feeling like i cheated the system lol.

2 days later I was offered the job and at a much higher rate of pay then expected. I gladly accepted, as I was a sophomore in college with minimal intern experience. Amazed at the pay I got.

Interview Question – Why meditech?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offer was 47k really couldn't complain. I feel like I could have negotiated for the max offering, because they seemed very eager to sign me on. But, I was a broke college kid and had very minimal qualifications. so gladly took it.

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Meditech in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was regarding a management position in the technical area. Went back and forth w/ the typical components of the position applied to regarding expected responsibilities and compared these to my previous accomplishments. The recruiter then explained the many benefits the company offered. Everthing sounded quite good, until the salary was discussed. Dissapointing, the company considers everyone to be an entry level employee no matter how much previous experience you have had. The salary scale is about 1/2 of the expected, i.e if you're making $100 K, their position will pay $50 K...sad but true. Negotiating will only get you about 10% more. It's just the way they do things. Probably ok for someone just coming out of college for their first couple of years, just so you can put something on your resume. Obviously not enough of a salary to support a family in this area.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, just a review of previous accomplishments. I don't think they're looking for much, and won't get much talent as they don't pay well.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not enough of a salary to survive in MA.

Quality Control Specialist Interview

Quality Control Specialist
Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Meditech in January 2012.

Interview Details – Everything went good. Nice place and nice people. I was impressed with the company office and the staff. I am not sure if that was my personal feeling, but after a great interview with the interviewer, the front desk ladies were not welcoming me. Not that nice even know they tried to hide it.
Anyway, I was trying to apply for a position that I not really familiar with, but the interviewer contact me because of my programming skill i mentioned in my resume. Even know i do have prograaming skills, i do not see myself as a great programmer. I see myself as a good IT/Networking/Server management/Web design guy.
I don't know why it did not work, but I was pretty sure that most of the questions and information i provided fitted the position. May be the company found someone more qualified that me. After all it was a great moment and i do not regret trying.

Interview Question – How do you see yourself in 10 to 20 years?   Answer Question

Clinical Client Support Specialist Interview

Clinical Client Support Specialist
Framingham, MA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Meditech in February 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process started with an initial getting to know you interview. This could have been done over the phone because it was pretty basic. They wanted to make sure I was a good fit for the company and discussed different roles I might be a good fit for. They only hire entry level employees.

Interview Question – Asked to complete a test plan.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meditech in August 2012.

Interview Details – I have a degree in Computer information Systems from a very good university,I did the telephone interview and went in for the in office interview,i had done research on the company and knew that the pay was below what it should be but as many of my counterparts are not working and have student loans to pay we have to except,we are forced to accept what we can get,I believe that MEDITECH knows this and uses that,sure they ahev good benefits and the atomsphere seemed pretty relaxed,but we were given less than two hours to learn their proprietory software and write some code at the end.There were guys there who had degrees in engineering taking a software exam,times are tough,I didn't have any loans just the same debts I had while I was in school and I never enjoyed programming so at the end I wasn't real happy with the way they do business,and I'm looking elsewhere.

Interview Question – Waiting around to be graded on an exam after spending all that time in school.   Answer Question

Worked for Meditech? Contribute to the Community!