Meditech Interview Questions & Reviews

64 interviews

3.1

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meditech in October 2010.

FOR ATLANTA ONLY:
    It was a long interview process and they took a long time to give feedback or to tell you your next step. I did two interviews, and was scheduled a third before they decided to hire me, and it took weeks for them to respond to me and then weeks in between interviews and contact so when you apply it can take over a month for them to decide to hire you or not. For programmers they will have you talk to each department director regardless of the exact position you are applying for (service programmers will talk to development director and vice versa), and you will talk with various supervisors in each department. They are pretty much your typical interviews, and they will test your programming knowledge with some riddle-logic type questions. You will also take some tests. They will give you some informational documents laying down some basics of our programming language and then test you on that information to see if you can grasp the concepts. In my two interviews I spent probably about 10 hours in their building talking to different people and taking tests. Although I only had an associates degree and zero relevant work experience so maybe they were just being thorough with me.

Interview Questions
    I was just happy to have a full time programming job, I didn't care what was on the offer letter, I straight up accepted. I did no negotiating, and I knew with my limited education and experience I'd be bottom of the barrel offer anyway.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Meditech.

There was an initial phone interview. Followed by an on-site programming test in their proprietary language (3 parts to the test). The final round interview was on-site, and consisted of 4 consecutive short interviews with different supervisors. Received a call with an offer, and then followed by an offer letter. Relatively long hiring and interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meditech in September 2013.

Approached during a career fair. Contacted within a week for a in person interview over the phone. The same woman at the career fair interviewed me. She was a very polite person. Interview included a personality test and a technical test.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't prepared for some technical questions that they said I couldn't prepare for but I felt like I could have.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westwood, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Meditech in August 2013.

Obtained a referral from a friend who worked at the company and submitted my application and resume through this friend. Initially I received an email after a few days saying they regretted to inform me that they wouldn't be hiring, but then they called me later that day saying the email was sent in error and they wanted me to come in. The rep from the recruiting department scheduled an interview three weeks in the future. The initial interview was fine, except they really harped on my college transcripts. I had been out of college for two years and already had another job at the time. It was four people at some managerial level. I was asked to prepare a ten minute presentation on any medical topic. It was mostly just to get a feel for my presentation skills and not about the content of the presentation so much. The interview lasted about 3 hours and at the end of it they had me fill out a few forms about background checks, reference verification, etc. I also had to write an essay about why I would be a good fit for the position, based on the detailed description of the position that they had given me during the interview. I got a call back a week later saying that the people I had interviewed with had decided to go in another direction but they wanted me to come back to interview with a different team. The second interview was two weeks later. It was with one regional manager and one person of unknown executive status who arrived late, stayed about ten minutes, then left to go to another meeting. This interview lasted about two hours. It was basically a repeat of the first interview. I did the same presentation and answered pretty much all the same questions. After this interview I felt pretty good, and I got a call the following week from recruiting offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • I had a withdrawal on my college transcript from a class that didn't matter to my degree during my senior year, and they asked me if this was an indication of an unwillingness to give effort to things that didn't strike me as particularly important. I understand the validity of the question but I just didn't expect them to give such close scrutiny to my college transcripts.   Answer Question
    No salary negotiation. They offered 40,800 and I could take it or leave it. I have a liberal arts degree so that's about what I can expect at this time.

Applications Specialist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Meditech.

I was referred by a fellow employee. The whole process took about 3 months.

None.

Applications Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Meditech.

The interview process takes awhile. You first meeting with a hiring specialist and take an IQ exam.

Weeks or months later you meet with possible team you will work for. Panel Review and then a written review of the job you will be doing. Some may need to present a demonstration.

If you proceed you meet with Managers of group.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Meditech in May 2012.

I met the recruiter at a job fair, she was very nice.

I had a phone interview with one of the top managers. It was mostly him sharing information about the position and benefits.

Then the recruiter brought me in for an interview. She wanted details on every job I have ever had in my life starting in high school. Then there was a three part written test. The office seemed nice and bright and open but once I started I found out that it is a very quiet place to work and my department commonly leaves the lights off all day.

Then I was brought back in to present to a group. It was my choice what to present but no details were given as to what they wanted and I had no idea who I was presenting to. It ended up being 5 managers, one of which was the office Director but I didn't know titles until after I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • You are given a written test that had math problems and math word problem.
      I was then give plans to build a ramp and asked to write out a test plan.
      The last part was to write a review of the last restaurant I visited.
        Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. The phone interview explains what they will offer, it is take it or leave it. When they call to set up the first interview they ask if you are willing to accept what was spelled out in the phone interview.

Development Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Meditech in March 2013.

A very lengthy interview process - On campus recruiters took my resume in the Fall, and contacted me in January about applying. I filled out paperwork and was given a 1 hour online interview with a recruiter. About 2 weeks later I was scheduled to go to the Atlanta office to interview but had to reschedule due to illness. My rescheduled appointment had to be rescheduled as well due to the interviewer's illness. When I finally got to their campus, it consisted of 2 very lengthy programming exams after a brief tutorial on how the programming language they use works. Three of us took the first test, only 2 of us were invited back for the second one. About a month after this I was contacted for another online interview with 4 or 5 members of a development team. I finally submitted transcripts and recommendations and was asked if I would be able to start in May. (So ~4-5 months from start to finish).

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer stopped me halfway through the interview and asked me to interview him as if I was hiring for the position that I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Proprietary language seemed like a dead end for my career. It seemed like it would be a great place to work, though.

Client Training Specialist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Meditech.

Submitted my resume through an employee referral and received a call a few days after and conducted a basic and easy phone screening. I was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview with a recruiter around a week later. The 1:1 interview went very well through my eyes, with basic interview questions like, "What was a recent criticism from your current boss?", the interview atmosphere was professional but not intimidating at all. At the end of the interview I had to provide a writing sample about my "dream vacation" followed by a few math and logic questions. It took a week to hear back from the recruiter informing me they were going to go forward with other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Meditech in September 2011.

- Referred by current employee
    - Phone screening with HR
    - 1.5 hour In-Person interview with recruiting. Included a logic exam and essay question.
    - 3 hour interview with 6 people simultaneously. Also included me giving a 15 minute long presentation on the healthcare topic of my choice. Also included a logic test and short essay questions.
    - Final interview with the Director. Not difficult or scary. Basically told me I would be getting an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a tree, what kind would you be.   View Answer
    • Describe "Common Sense" without using either of the words Common or Sense.   Answer Question
    No negotiation is tolerated.