Meditech

Average Difficulty
64 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Meditech.

Interview Details – Initial interview was with the recruiting depeartment. They were very good despite asking the basic questions. They didn't give anything away but were friendly. They did have ask about a C I got in a class in college despite the fact that I had graduated and been working for two years. This didn't make a ton of sense but oh well. Second interview was with a supervisor and manager in the group I was interviewing for and I had to prepare a presentation on some healthcare topic. This wasn't so bad if you enjoy presenting.

Interview Question – NDA   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate which was bothersome

Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Meditech in June 2012.

Interview Details – I received a call about a week after submitting my application through an employee. We talked for about 15 minutes, and I was told the base salary for the job ranges from 38-42 (entry-level position) and would require travelling about 60% of the time. We scheduled an interview at the Framingham office. My interviewer was nearly an hour late, with no apologies.. sat me down at a table in the cafeteria covered in crumbs. She asked me a few questions about my work experience, and shook/tapped her leg constantly, looked out the window, and looked at her watch. I was very obviously the last interview of the day and she was restless and not interested. After about 15 minutes, she gave me a word scramble and told me to turn it in at the desk, and left. In all, I drove nearly five hours round trip for that. (I had applied for an office closer to my town, but I needed to interview in Framingham.) About two weeks later, I got a rejection letter. I have never had such a disrespectful interview experience.

Interview Question – What will you do if you don't get the job?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Meditech in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was called to set up a video conference interview. There were normal questions during the interview, and I was given a choice of 2 dates to come in and take their test. The test date was about 10 days later. When I arrived to take the test, there were several other candidates. We were all set up in a room and given the testing instructions. They have their own programming language. The test is 2 hours. It began with samples that explained their coding, then simple logic questions where we are to solve the problem using their language. Farther into the test, more samples and problems to be combined with previous scenarios. The coding builds until at the end is a very complex problem that combines all the things done throughout the test.

Interview Question – How do you think an online education compares to a brick and mortar college education?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Meditech in November 2012.

Interview Details – After applying at a college job fair, they gave a skype interview. They liked me and had me drive to Atlanta at my own expense, saying they would interview me and give me a few tests. Once I got there, they had me take tests that would have been easily taken online, and *didn't* interview me like they said they were. They conducted all the interviews on skype later. It was absurd, disorganized, and disrespectful to me as an applicant.

Interview Question – They gave me a programming test in their proprietary language after giving me a tutorial. I knew what I wanted to do, because I know how to write real programs, but didn't know how or even if their language did it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – MEDITECH uses a proprietary language, which is a huge hindrance for your career and should be a huge red flag. I asked them when I was there why they use a proprietary language, and their answer was essentially "There were advantages, but they are becoming less clear as the field develops." Stay away. By the end of the process, being unemployed was preferable to working at MEDITECH. And probably better for my career.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Meditech in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was applying for the Programmer or Software Developer positions at Meditech in Atlanta. The interview process (or processes) is involved ....

In the middle of October I spoke with the Recruiting Specialist via web cam for about an hour. She went through the usual, "Why do you want to work at Meditech?". She also asked about how well I worked in previous software projects. Another question, which I thought was odd, was "What is something that annoys you?". I replied with an equally odd answer, which apparently did not affect my qualification into the next phase. Immediately after the interview, the specialist gave me a date for the second phase of interviewing, a programming tutorial.

The second phase was a month later, which consisted of a programming tutorial. The tutorial was fairly easy. You must be a quick learner, because you are given about two hours to complete a test of about 26 questions, with the first 24 being simple questions and the last two being programming questions. Between each question is a snippet describing a language feature, structure, or control. It took about a week for the recruiting specialist to schedule the third phase of the process.

The third phase involved an interview with six supervisors, individually. They all seemed to be very down to Earth, and easy to speak with. They will ask you a range of questions that are very similar to the questions the specialist asked you during the first phase, so make sure you answer consistently.

After all of steps I went through, the recruiting specialist begins verifying my professional references I gave them in November. I provided two clients I have had for websites I have made, one letter of recommendation from a professor, and a contact reference for a professor. The "recruiting specialist" kept one of my client references on the phone for twenty minutes, and asked various negative questions. Apparently, the letter of recommendation was not enough, so they wanted to speak with my professor on the phone. Furthermore, they were not able to contact my professors, because it was during the holiday break. So, they requested I obtain their personal numbers/emails (This was on Christmas Eve). I found this to be very disrespectful to me and my references, so I declined.

Interview Question – What do you think the major advantages and disadvantages of using an in-house proprietary programming language is?   View Answer

Canton, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Meditech.

Interview Details – The Hiring and Interview Process is intense. There are typically 2-4 interviews, and depending on the positions, most include a presentation on your choice of medical topic.

Interview Question – They ask you to promise that you will stay there for a certain amount of time - typically 2 or 3 years. That was unexpected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me that the salary was not negotiable - and it was my first job, so there was no negotiation.

Development Specialist Interview

Development Specialist
Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Meditech in June 2011.

Interview Details – A very long, drawn out process.There were multiple interviews (usually 3 for most people, one with a recruiter, one with a hiring manager and other and one with a director or VP), a Logic test ("if susie is taller than bob, and billy is shorter than bob" kind of questions), and a writing sample.

Interview Question – From the Logic test. "What is once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in a thousand years?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable salary and benefits. (They tell you all this in the first interview)

Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meditech in July 2012.

Interview Details – In person interview with an HR and a college kid who was an intern. One of my first interviews so I was not as prepared as I am now. Just ask them a lot of questions and try to be super enthusiastic.

Interview Question – What was the best presentation you ever gave?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meditech in August 2012.

Interview Details – I have a degree in Computer information Systems from a very good university,I did the telephone interview and went in for the in office interview,i had done research on the company and knew that the pay was below what it should be but as many of my counterparts are not working and have student loans to pay we have to except,we are forced to accept what we can get,I believe that MEDITECH knows this and uses that,sure they ahev good benefits and the atomsphere seemed pretty relaxed,but we were given less than two hours to learn their proprietory software and write some code at the end.There were guys there who had degrees in engineering taking a software exam,times are tough,I didn't have any loans just the same debts I had while I was in school and I never enjoyed programming so at the end I wasn't real happy with the way they do business,and I'm looking elsewhere.

Interview Question – Waiting around to be graded on an exam after spending all that time in school.   Answer Question

Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Meditech.

Interview Details – i was first contacted by an individual in HR asking if I was interested in working under the position of clinical implementation specialist. He also asked me what I knew about Meditech, and then went to schedule a second interview in the Framingham office. About 2 weeks later I met with my interviewer. It was a pretty straight forward interview. He showed me around the Framingham office and explained what the position entailed. At the end of the interview I was asked to take a short skills test (pretty easy- unscramble words, if it's 10am and I read a book for 6 hrs. and 32 min., what time will I be finished, etc.) and to write a short essay on a favorite book or movie. I was also told that I would be invited to another interview where I would conduct a health related presentation. I hadn't heard back for about 2 weeks after the interview, so I called and was told I would hear back within a few days. A week later I recieved a call to schedule the second interview. 2 weeks later I presented my health related topic to a group panel of 4 supervisors. The questions were a bit more intense, and they thoroughly explained the job position making sure I felt that I would be happy in this position. 2 days later I recieved a call that someone else had been offered the position, but a different team wanted me to come back for an interview. 1 week later I went for my interview, where I conducted the same presentation to a group panel of 4 supervisors and was asked questions. I was then asked to write a short essay on why I felt I would be a good fit for the position and what I had learned about Meditech. I was then asked to meet with one of the head directors in the Framingham office. 1.5 weeks later I called to check my interview status, and it turned out they had offered me the job.

Interview Question – Why are you the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate, but I had read that they will not negotiate.