Meditech Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

I was applying for the Programmer or Software Developer positions at Meditech in Atlanta. The interview process (or processes) is involved .... In the middle of October I spoke with the Recruiting Specialist via web cam for about an hour. She went through the usual, "Why do you want to work at Meditech?". She also asked about how well I worked in previous software projects. Another question, which I thought was odd, was "What is something that annoys you?". I replied with an equally odd answer, which apparently did not affect my qualification into the next phase. Immediately after the interview, the specialist gave me a date for the second phase of interviewing, a programming tutorial. The second phase was a month later, which consisted of a programming tutorial. The tutorial was fairly easy. You must be a quick learner, because you are given about two hours to complete a test of about 26 questions, with the first 24 being simple questions and the last two being programming questions. Between each question is a snippet describing a language feature, structure, or control. It took about a week for the recruiting specialist to schedule the third phase of the process. The third phase involved an interview with six supervisors, individually. They all seemed to be very down to Earth, and easy to speak with. They will ask you a range of questions that are very similar to the questions the specialist asked you during the first phase, so make sure you answer consistently. After all of steps I went through, the recruiting specialist begins verifying my professional references I gave them in November. I provided two clients I have had for websites I have made, one letter of recommendation from a professor, and a contact reference for a professor. The "recruiting specialist" kept one of my client references on the phone for twenty minutes, and asked various negative questions. Apparently, the letter of recommendation was not enough, so they wanted to speak with my professor on the phone. Furthermore, they were not able to contact my professors, because it was during the holiday break. So, they requested I obtain their personal numbers/emails (This was on Christmas Eve). I found this to be very disrespectful to me and my references, so I declined.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the major advantages and disadvantages of using an in-house proprietary programming language is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA).

Interview

i was first contacted by an individual in HR asking if I was interested in working under the position of clinical implementation specialist. He also asked me what I knew about Meditech, and then went to schedule a second interview in the Framingham office. About 2 weeks later I met with my interviewer. It was a pretty straight forward interview. He showed me around the Framingham office and explained what the position entailed. At the end of the interview I was asked to take a short skills test (pretty easy- unscramble words, if it's 10am and I read a book for 6 hrs. and 32 min., what time will I be finished, etc.) and to write a short essay on a favorite book or movie. I was also told that I would be invited to another interview where I would conduct a health related presentation. I hadn't heard back for about 2 weeks after the interview, so I called and was told I would hear back within a few days. A week later I recieved a call to schedule the second interview. 2 weeks later I presented my health related topic to a group panel of 4 supervisors. The questions were a bit more intense, and they thoroughly explained the job position making sure I felt that I would be happy in this position. 2 days later I recieved a call that someone else had been offered the position, but a different team wanted me to come back for an interview. 1 week later I went for my interview, where I conducted the same presentation to a group panel of 4 supervisors and was asked questions. I was then asked to write a short essay on why I felt I would be a good fit for the position and what I had learned about Meditech. I was then asked to meet with one of the head directors in the Framingham office. 1.5 weeks later I called to check my interview status, and it turned out they had offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate, but I had read that they will not negotiate.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meditech (Atlanta, GA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was called to set up a video conference interview. There were normal questions during the interview, and I was given a choice of 2 dates to come in and take their test. The test date was about 10 days later. When I arrived to take the test, there were several other candidates. We were all set up in a room and given the testing instructions. They have their own programming language. The test is 2 hours. It began with samples that explained their coding, then simple logic questions where we are to solve the problem using their language. Farther into the test, more samples and problems to be combined with previous scenarios. The coding builds until at the end is a very complex problem that combines all the things done throughout the test.

Interview Questions

• How do you think an online education compares to a brick and mortar college education?   1 Answer

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Atlanta, GA) in August 2012.

Interview

I have a degree in Computer information Systems from a very good university,I did the telephone interview and went in for the in office interview,i had done research on the company and knew that the pay was below what it should be but as many of my counterparts are not working and have student loans to pay we have to except,we are forced to accept what we can get,I believe that MEDITECH knows this and uses that,sure they ahev good benefits and the atomsphere seemed pretty relaxed,but we were given less than two hours to learn their proprietory software and write some code at the end.There were guys there who had degrees in engineering taking a software exam,times are tough,I didn't have any loans just the same debts I had while I was in school and I never enjoyed programming so at the end I wasn't real happy with the way they do business,and I'm looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Waiting around to be graded on an exam after spending all that time in school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

In person interview with an HR and a college kid who was an intern. One of my first interviews so I was not as prepared as I am now. Just ask them a lot of questions and try to be super enthusiastic.

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

I received a call about a week after submitting my application through an employee. We talked for about 15 minutes, and I was told the base salary for the job ranges from 38-42 (entry-level position) and would require travelling about 60% of the time. We scheduled an interview at the Framingham office. My interviewer was nearly an hour late, with no apologies.. sat me down at a table in the cafeteria covered in crumbs. She asked me a few questions about my work experience, and shook/tapped her leg constantly, looked out the window, and looked at her watch. I was very obviously the last interview of the day and she was restless and not interested. After about 15 minutes, she gave me a word scramble and told me to turn it in at the desk, and left. In all, I drove nearly five hours round trip for that. (I had applied for an office closer to my town, but I needed to interview in Framingham.) About two weeks later, I got a rejection letter. I have never had such a disrespectful interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you don't get the job?   1 Answer

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

Had to give a 15 minute presentation on SCM. Interviewed with 5-6 employees present. Took about 1.5 hours. Completed application forms, creative writing portion, skills test. Tour of facility.

SQL Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

Recruiter in HR called me to set up time for an interview. Told me to bring three to four references, college transcripts and Meditech application. Interview took three hours. Met with a manager and team leader. Then met with Director and Team leader. Was very concerned about my commitment to the company.

Interview Questions

• What are some negative experiences you had at work? How did you handle them?   1 Answer

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Atlanta, GA) in May 2012.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a job fair, she was very nice. I had a phone interview with one of the top managers. It was mostly him sharing information about the position and benefits. Then the recruiter brought me in for an interview. She wanted details on every job I have ever had in my life starting in high school. Then there was a three part written test. The office seemed nice and bright and open but once I started I found out that it is a very quiet place to work and my department commonly leaves the lights off all day. Then I was brought back in to present to a group. It was my choice what to present but no details were given as to what they wanted and I had no idea who I was presenting to. It ended up being 5 managers, one of which was the office Director but I didn't know titles until after I was hired.

Interview Questions

• You are given a written test that had math problems and math word problem. I was then give plans to build a ramp and asked to write out a test plan. The last part was to write a review of the last restaurant I visited.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The phone interview explains what they will offer, it is take it or leave it. When they call to set up the first interview they ask if you are willing to accept what was spelled out in the phone interview.

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

1. Submitted my resume, transcript, and Meditech general application to my college's career center for an On-Campus interview. 2. Heard back within a few days and scheduled an On-Campus interview with a Recruiter at the end of the following week. Recruiter was professional and asked general interview questions. Explained the position in some detail and the company culture. 3. Heard back 1.5-2 weeks later and scheduled an interview with a Group/Panel at their Framingham office. Met with a group of three people (who will be my supervisors/managers) and conducted a 10-15 PowerPoint presentation on any healthcare-related topic. (The topic is no so much the focus as your ability to give an informative and clear presentation.) Following the presentation they asked more specific question in relation to my resume experiences. One of the managers went into GREAT depth about the position and the company--travel, software basics. Following this, I was instructed to write a paragraph about my expectations of the job and the reasons why I would be a good fit. 4. Two weeks later I called to check-in and was told that my paperwork had went to the Hiring Groups and that there were conducting final interviews. I was told I should hear back within a week. 5. Called back the following week and was told that the Hiring Group was making their final decisions and that I would hear back the following week. 6. Called the next week and left a message with my case manager. She returned my call later that day and offered me the job. Very long process--but if Meditech is where you want to be, it's worth it. They want to know you are willing to stick with the process and check-in periodically (The same way they would expect you to treat a client.)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was given via phone with a formal offer mailed the following week. They are upfront about the starting salary, benefits, travel, and hours from the first interview--so there should be no surprise at their offer. No negotiation, I took the offer verbally.