Meditech

www.meditech.com
  www.meditech.com

Meditech Marketing Support Representative and Applications Specialist Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Marketing Support Representative and Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Meditech in October 2009.

First, my resume was forwarded to the recruiting department through a current employee of the company. According to the recruiting department, the meditech recruiting department gets 60% of its new hires through current employee referrals. A couple weeks later I was called by a recruiter to go over the details of the position. Everything was laid out on the table, travel requirements, job location, benefits and a salary range. At the end of the conversation an initial face to face interview was scheduled with the same person for a few weeks later. The face to face interview consisted of many open ended questions "what are you most proud of" or "Tell me about a time you failed at something" or "How would you handle a co-worker that was not pulling their weight and it was affecting the team" etc. The recruiter showed up 30 minutes late to the interview, but was courteous and seemed genuine...not fake or corporate. She gave a genral idea of what working at meditech would be like. At the end of the interview, she gave no indication of whether I would recieve a call back but told me that if I did the next step would be a panel interview and a 15 minute presentation on any medically related topic. Two weeks later I was called and invited to come in for a panel interview/presentation. This interview was a bit more intense. The interview started with the presentation, there were 5 or 6 people present. I prepared a 10 slide powerpoint and a supplementary handout and I practiced the presentation a few times at home before the interview. After the presentation, the group asked questions about my topic which I did my best answering. They did not seem to expect me to be a subject matter expert, they were very informal and friendly. The interview portion seemed to take on a tone of the group telling me stories from their years working the job I was interviewing for and gaugeing my reaction to the job description. I had been pretty well prepared by the recruiting department for what the job would be like so the stories basically matched what I was already expecting. There were no open ended questions during this interview, none of that "what would you do if you found a wallet with a thousand dollars" type of thing. They wanted to talk about my relavent experience, give me as much warning as they could about how hard the job was going to be, and generally get to know me. The interview went well. They told me that they would talk about it and that if they decided to recommend me the next step would be a meeting with the VP of the department. About a week later I recieved a call from the recruiter informing me that I had been recommended and that the VP would be available for a meeting several weeks later. I confirmed the appointment and at that interview I met with the very friendly VP. She expressed some concern about my level of experience but she made me comfortable and I explained to her that if she gave me the opportunity I would not let her down. She told me she would talk to the team and find a slot for me and that the recruiter would call me soon. A few days later I recieved the official offer via phone from the recruiter. Overall, each step of the interview process was a little bit nerve racking and there were long waiting periods where you would not hear back from them in between, but it was a good experience and I took the position and am happily working here now.

Interview Questions
There is no negotiating. The VP determines the offer and the recruiter delivers it. They tell you over the telephone before you even arrive for your first interview that the offer is what it is and they have a no negotiation policy. The offers are low, so prepare yourself for that, but the benefits + bonus + profit sharing seem to about balance out. Also, its a recession and they are actively hiring which is a huge plus for them.