Meditech

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meditech in August 2012.

I have a degree in Computer information Systems from a very good university,I did the telephone interview and went in for the in office interview,i had done research on the company and knew that the pay was below what it should be but as many of my counterparts are not working and have student loans to pay we have to except,we are forced to accept what we can get,I believe that MEDITECH knows this and uses that,sure they ahev good benefits and the atomsphere seemed pretty relaxed,but we were given less than two hours to learn their proprietory software and write some code at the end.There were guys there who had degrees in engineering taking a software exam,times are tough,I didn't have any loans just the same debts I had while I was in school and I never enjoyed programming so at the end I wasn't real happy with the way they do business,and I'm looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions
  • Waiting around to be graded on an exam after spending all that time in school.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Meditech

Programmer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Meditech.

The first interview was a introduction interview which was with the senior management
    There was a programmers test that required to be completed and i believe the pass mark was 80%, basically the test is based on a proprietary language, most probably you haven't herd of the language.
    Test is easy but can be time consuming since Questions are bit detailed. Basically tries and explains some functionalities of the language and then the question is based on that.

The final interview was all about the remuneration and the job description.

Interview Questions
    • Well as far as i can remember the interviewer was professional, and was up-to the point, didn't get any tricky questions.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meditech in June 2012.

I received a phone interview after applying online. Was kind of surprised because my qualifications were not the greatest. Was one of those hopeful applications. the recruiter talked with me about the position and how much it paid 40-50k to start. I was pleased with that as I was a broke still in school college kid. He went over the company their policies why i wanted to work there and so on. He then scheduled an in person interview a week later. This was at their frammingham office.

The frammingham office looks great, very impressive building. I walked in and was greated by 2 older ladies and was told to sign and wait for my recruiter. He showed up eventually, on time I was pretty early. The interview was in a panel format and went into great detail of my resume and why meditech and so on. what they expected of me and the salary again. People who get hired here and complain about the salary is puzzling. They make a pretty good point to consistently remind of you what they pay. I liked the offer again. I was then taken on a tour of the place to get a feel of meditech and then lead to take a test to test my skills.

The test is pretty straight forward programmer test, you need to know the basics of how programming works. Loops, sorts and sequences. Pretty standard stuff any first year CS student should know. I blazed through it took about 30 minutes they said could take up to 3 hours. After the test, i was told I would hear in 1-2 weeks about the test.

Two days later I was called back and was told to meet with my group supervisor, I went there and it was fairly straightforward. I guess i scored very high or near perfect as the job was already mine. I left with a good vibe and feeling like i cheated the system lol.

2 days later I was offered the job and at a much higher rate of pay then expected. I gladly accepted, as I was a sophomore in college with minimal intern experience. Amazed at the pay I got.

Interview Questions
    offer was 47k really couldn't complain. I feel like I could have negotiated for the max offering, because they seemed very eager to sign me on. But, I was a broke college kid and had very minimal qualifications. so gladly took it.