Meditech Software Developer Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Meditech.

There was an initial phone interview. Followed by an on-site programming test in their proprietary language (3 parts to the test). The final round interview was on-site, and consisted of 4 consecutive short interviews with different supervisors. Received a call with an offer, and then followed by an offer letter. Relatively long hiring and interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Meditech

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meditech in September 2013.

Approached during a career fair. Contacted within a week for a in person interview over the phone. The same woman at the career fair interviewed me. She was a very polite person. Interview included a personality test and a technical test.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't prepared for some technical questions that they said I couldn't prepare for but I felt like I could have.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Meditech in August 2012.

I was called to set up a video conference interview. There were normal questions during the interview, and I was given a choice of 2 dates to come in and take their test. The test date was about 10 days later. When I arrived to take the test, there were several other candidates. We were all set up in a room and given the testing instructions. They have their own programming language. The test is 2 hours. It began with samples that explained their coding, then simple logic questions where we are to solve the problem using their language. Farther into the test, more samples and problems to be combined with previous scenarios. The coding builds until at the end is a very complex problem that combines all the things done throughout the test.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think an online education compares to a brick and mortar college education?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Meditech in October 2012.

I was applying for the Programmer or Software Developer positions at Meditech in Atlanta. The interview process (or processes) is involved ....

In the middle of October I spoke with the Recruiting Specialist via web cam for about an hour. She went through the usual, "Why do you want to work at Meditech?". She also asked about how well I worked in previous software projects. Another question, which I thought was odd, was "What is something that annoys you?". I replied with an equally odd answer, which apparently did not affect my qualification into the next phase. Immediately after the interview, the specialist gave me a date for the second phase of interviewing, a programming tutorial.

The second phase was a month later, which consisted of a programming tutorial. The tutorial was fairly easy. You must be a quick learner, because you are given about two hours to complete a test of about 26 questions, with the first 24 being simple questions and the last two being programming questions. Between each question is a snippet describing a language feature, structure, or control. It took about a week for the recruiting specialist to schedule the third phase of the process.

The third phase involved an interview with six supervisors, individually. They all seemed to be very down to Earth, and easy to speak with. They will ask you a range of questions that are very similar to the questions the specialist asked you during the first phase, so make sure you answer consistently.

After all of steps I went through, the recruiting specialist begins verifying my professional references I gave them in November. I provided two clients I have had for websites I have made, one letter of recommendation from a professor, and a contact reference for a professor. The "recruiting specialist" kept one of my client references on the phone for twenty minutes, and asked various negative questions. Apparently, the letter of recommendation was not enough, so they wanted to speak with my professor on the phone. Furthermore, they were not able to contact my professors, because it was during the holiday break. So, they requested I obtain their personal numbers/emails (This was on Christmas Eve). I found this to be very disrespectful to me and my references, so I declined.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the major advantages and disadvantages of using an in-house proprietary programming language is?   View Answer

Worked for Meditech? Contribute to the Community!