Mediterranean Shipping Company

Updated Dec 27, 2014
Updated Dec 27, 2014

2.4

Export Documentation Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company.

The interview was great!One of the easiest I ever had. It wasn`t stressful at all.Was hired very fast and I like to work there.A lot of young people, different nationalities, everyone is kind and helpful. One of the few places where is a pleasure to go to work

Vessel Reconciliation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company.

First got the email from HR manager and then take the interview. No tricky questions, it was very simple. Most of the employees in this companies are Italians. They have equal opportunities to staffs from all over the world. But I don't know if it's the same thing on promotion.

Entry Level Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company.

The interview was kind of intimidating, long, and I had to fill out a bunch of questions when I got there, waited almost an hour before they talked with me. All older European men.The most frustrating was at the end of the interview, I still wasn't sure exactly what I would be hired to do.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company.

Very difficult to obtain a position without family connections

Interview Questions
    Were willing to move a little bit on starting salary

Accounting Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company.

1 interview - friendly environment

Interview Questions
    • the interview was based more on my resume and it concerned of basic questions on my previous experience. There was not really an unexpected question   Answer Question

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, SC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company in November 2012.

Dept manager & Office manager on site interview followed after completion of a questionnaire

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to do if you start your own business?   Answer Question

Export Traffic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company in June 2008.

Very informal. You will meet with branch manager and department manager. Usually they will interview several candidates for each open position and get back to you within 1 week. No HR reps at the branch offices so each experience will vary a little. They are generally looking for inexperienced hires, so if you have industry experience make sure to express how open minded you are to learning the "MSC way."

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really too challenging. Just basic personality questions (ie tell my your greatest strength).   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klang (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klang (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company in December 2014.

Hr ask to introduce yourself, why this company. Are you serious because we are investing in you so we don't want to waste out time and your time. Family background. How are you going to come to work. Hr gave detailed responsibility and told it there would be a lot of memorising. 2nd screening by person in charge. Any question you want to ask? Like maybe the colleagues age, how long do you intend to work with us?

All in one day, hr called after one week at night to offer the job as freight officer

Interview Questions
    • Introduce yourself. Are you meticulous, attention to detail? Are you competitive?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your family background   Answer Question
    • How are you going to travel home and to work? How long do you intend to work with us?   Answer Question
    • Any questions or anything you want to know?   Answer Question
    • Why MSC? Do you know what we do?   Answer Question
    Lowest salary you will take

Regional Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tanjong Pagar (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tanjong Pagar (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company in November 2012.

Interviewer was impressed with 'brand name' companies I previously worked for. Did not ask difficult technical questions. Kind of assumed I had the skills necessary because I came from large reputable companies.

Personal chemistry is very important to interviewer. Appreciates confidence, maturity and high energy levels.

Interview Questions
    Interviewer not prepared to negotiate a higher package than last drawn pay. Perhaps in part because I was already drawing near to their ceiling.

Accounting Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company in July 2011.

The interview consisted of a short phone interview and then a 1 on 1 interview. In the 1 on 1 you are required to complete a questionnaire asking questions about your work history, personality, etc. The actual interview is pretty straight forward mainly about your education and work history.

Interview Questions
    • If there were a book about your life what would it be called and why?   Answer Question
    • What is your idea of good customer service?   Answer Question