Mediterranean Shipping Company Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2014
Updated Oct 1, 2014

2.4

Export Documentation Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company.

The interview was great!One of the easiest I ever had. It wasn`t stressful at all.Was hired very fast and I like to work there.A lot of young people, different nationalities, everyone is kind and helpful. One of the few places where is a pleasure to go to work

Vessel Reconciliation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company.

First got the email from HR manager and then take the interview. No tricky questions, it was very simple. Most of the employees in this companies are Italians. They have equal opportunities to staffs from all over the world. But I don't know if it's the same thing on promotion.

Entry Level Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company.

The interview was kind of intimidating, long, and I had to fill out a bunch of questions when I got there, waited almost an hour before they talked with me. All older European men.The most frustrating was at the end of the interview, I still wasn't sure exactly what I would be hired to do.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company.

Very difficult to obtain a position without family connections

Interview Questions
    Were willing to move a little bit on starting salary

Accounting Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company.

1 interview - friendly environment

Interview Questions
    • the interview was based more on my resume and it concerned of basic questions on my previous experience. There was not really an unexpected question   Answer Question

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, SC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company in November 2012.

Dept manager & Office manager on site interview followed after completion of a questionnaire

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to do if you start your own business?   Answer Question

Export Traffic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company in June 2008.

Very informal. You will meet with branch manager and department manager. Usually they will interview several candidates for each open position and get back to you within 1 week. No HR reps at the branch offices so each experience will vary a little. They are generally looking for inexperienced hires, so if you have industry experience make sure to express how open minded you are to learning the "MSC way."

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really too challenging. Just basic personality questions (ie tell my your greatest strength).   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Regional Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tanjong Pagar (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tanjong Pagar (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company in November 2012.

Interviewer was impressed with 'brand name' companies I previously worked for. Did not ask difficult technical questions. Kind of assumed I had the skills necessary because I came from large reputable companies.

Personal chemistry is very important to interviewer. Appreciates confidence, maturity and high energy levels.

Interview Questions
    Interviewer not prepared to negotiate a higher package than last drawn pay. Perhaps in part because I was already drawing near to their ceiling.

Accounting Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company in July 2011.

The interview consisted of a short phone interview and then a 1 on 1 interview. In the 1 on 1 you are required to complete a questionnaire asking questions about your work history, personality, etc. The actual interview is pretty straight forward mainly about your education and work history.

Interview Questions
    • If there were a book about your life what would it be called and why?   Answer Question
    • What is your idea of good customer service?   Answer Question

Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mediterranean Shipping Company in February 2011.

Mediterranean shipping company came to our college campus to hire the top 20 students from our department. the interview comprised of a written exam comprising of logical reasoning, maths, technical section and current affairs. it was followed by a personal interview round from which the top 20 students were selected. later there was a complete medical test before each selected candidate was employed.

Interview Questions
    • why is a docking plug stiffener plate welded form the inside?   Answer Question