Medix

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.6

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medix.

Met a recruiter at a career fair gave him my resume and sent him an email got me a phone screen within 2 weeks, after the phone screen was invited to come in for an in person interview. Met with the office manager and sales manager separately for around hour and a half. After that received an email around a week later for a job shadow interview which last around 2 hours. First meeting with managers again for some interview questions then second hour job shadowing.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions, what did you do best at your previous work what could you have improved, how did you get into sales   Answer Question

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medix in October 2014.

I applied online and got a call the very next day from the Senior Corporate Recruiter, Carrie. We chatted briefly over the phone and she told me a little bit about the company and what the job would entail. We set up a time for a more lengthy phone interview for the following day. The phone interview included basic interview and experience questions. Carrie was very nice and easy to talk to. She also informed me that the company would be moving to Chicago early next year. After our phone interview, we set up a time and day for an in-person interview the following week. After thinking about the fact that the company would be moving to the city, I emailed Carrie the next day and said that the location would not be a good fit for me -- I had been doing everything I could to avoid the city. However, after speaking with a few people who work in the city and finding out more about it, I decided I had made a mistake and that I would like to give it a try. I called Carrie first thing Monday morning and explained my email and that I would love to still come in for the interview if they'd have me. Carrie was very understanding and said yes, of course! So I moved my interview up from Thursday to Tuesday. My in person interview consisted of a tour around the office from one of the recruiters, followed by three separate interviews. The first was with an account manager, the second with a division leader, and the third was with the director of the office (Brett). The interviews went very well and I was offered the job two days later. The culture of the office is very young and fun. It's fast paced and exciting. Everyone is very welcoming and extremely helpful. The dress code is business casual and the office does not allow casual Friday.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were very difficult or unexpected. They based a lot of the questions around their four core values: 1. Desire to serve others; 2. Willing to do what others won't; 3. Never, never, never give up; 4. Locking arms to help each other achieve our goals. They asked for examples in which you may have demonstrated these in your other work experiences.   Answer Question
    Medix would not budge on the salary, however I was able to double my vacation time from 5 days to 10 days.

Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medix.

It started with a phone interview asking about career goals and why I chose their company and normal availability questions. Then, I got offered a 1:1 interview at the office. I was interviewed by two people asking me normal questions about my past jobs and experiences. At the end, I was offered to come back and shadow for half a day.

Interview Questions
    • What types of personalities do you get along with and why?   Answer Question
    I thought it would be full time, but it wasn't. They offered me a chance to negotiate, but I accepted the offer they gave me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Medix in July 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter who said my background might be a good match for a position they had open. After an initial phone interview I was invited to a face to face interview. Most of the questions were behavioral type questions "i.e. Explain a time when..." Communication was provided throughout the entire process including final decision and employment screening.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you didn't get along with someone and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    Fixed salary; though I've read you can negotiate a bit, I felt the rate was fair and didn't see a need to upset the apple cart.

Recruiter/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medix.

Made me come to the office for 3 interviews, everyone was great at first but the last interview I had to meet with the most unprofessional and rude individual I have ever met. He didn't even give me a chance and judged me from the moment I said hello.

Personnel Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medix.

First you are phone screened by a corporate recruiter. She is very friendly. Then you go in for a quick in person interview. Not too difficult. Then, there is a half day interview with a panel interview. This is where it gets tricky. The questions are a little weird and hard to answer. Describe a time someone you relied on let you down. Describe a time you were an underdog. How do you apply your core values? Are you competitive? How? Then they ask where else you are interviewing and what your parents do for a living. Very strange.

Interview Questions
    Set salary and commission structure. No negotiation.

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Medix in April 2014.

The interview process moved very quickly and efficiently. I sent an email to the corporate recruiter and within in 24 hours I had a response. I did initial phone screen shortly after that. The questions were not that difficult, really felt like they were trying to get to know me and who I am and what I am looking for. After this phone interview I was asked to come in for an in office interview. I flew out to my interview and was interviewed by several different MEDIX employees. They asked your typical interview questions. I was offered the position and gladly accepted!

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what I was most passionate about. This question may be easy for some but for myself it was difficult.   Answer Question
    It was for an internship position so there was no negotiation

Entry Level Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medix.

I applied online, and was called the next day to set up a phone interview. I felt that the person interviewing me did not ask the right questions, and kind of set me up for failure. The interviewer was unenthusiastic and did not make me excited for the job opportunity. I lost interest as soon as the conversation began.

BO Report Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Medix in March 2014.

Was asked to give an assessment test. After completing that there was a skype interview. After that I was asked to buy the ticket ( out of my pocket) and fly to Chicago to take the assessment.

/Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medix in March 2014.

The hiring and interview process for interns was the same as for an entry-level Recruiter. First step was a phone screen with their corporate recruiter, mostly about resume and experience. The next round is a half day at the office you'd be working in. You are brought in and walked through a recruiter's "typical" day. You will probably sit with 2-4 different recruiters just seeing how they do things, asking questions and showing interest is good because the recruiters are asked by the interviewers what they thought of you. Then brought in for panel interview with at least 3 Account Managers, possibly even the DBO. Questions were all behavioral, only asked about 3 questions, the rest of it was very conversational and comfortable.

Non-negotiable