Medline Industries Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.8

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medline Industries.

Interview

Phone screen, face to face. The usual interview process. They obviously had a candidate already chosen and were just interviewing me to follow the process. During the face to face interview, he seemed like he didn't want to be there.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Medline Industries (Mundelein, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Initiated by external recruiter. Immediate request for phone interview with hiring manager followed same day with request for face-to-face interviews the following week. Met with 4 people: peers and manager; 3 hours total. Style/content was different for each: 2 were prepared with scripted questions, the other 2 were not. I was unceremoniously rejected via recruiter email later the same day without good explanation. Puzzling, considering the speed and lack of difficult, probing questions. In hindsight, the hiring manager was dismissive during brief time with him; perhaps just going through the motions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual or difficult: describe relevant experience, management style, processes and tools. Equal or more time was spent describing why the role was open, the mismanaged project and answering my questions.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medline Industries.

Interview

Long interview process. You first will have a phone interview which is pretty simple. Second you will me with a divisional manager which is also simple. You then come in for a face to face interview. If that goes wel you will have one more face to face interview before getting an offer. Ask a lot of questions and don't be too casual.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to pay attention to detail?   1 Answer

Industrial Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Medline Industries.

Interview

Interview after campus recruiting fair. This is to get an offer to interview at their facility in Mundelein, IL. Interview was for Industrial Engineering Internship with SPT division. Once received offer to interview on site, they put you up in a hotel for a Thursday night. Then on Friday, they have a Wonderlic test in the morning at the hotel. This was followed by a tour of their facility in Waukegan, IL. Then there was a round of interviews with their staff (4-5) individuals.

Interview Questions

• What do you think our biggest cost is?   1 Answer

Post-Acute Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Medline Industries.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, face to face interview with regional and district managers, assessment test, ride-along with a sales rep, fly to headquarters in Chicago to interview with 4 managers including the president of sales.
    It was a long, dragged on process. I received great feedback from my recruiter that works for the company throughout the process helping me out and telling me I was doing such a great job.
    There were 2 candidates that make it to the ride-along with the sales rep, then one that gets recommended for the interviews in Chicago. I was the final candidate. I interviewed with 4 managers for about 30 minutes each in Chicago, asking each at the end if there were any reason why they would not recommend me for the position. Three of them did not express any concerns. The president expressed concern that I had moved back east to be closer to my family.
    After getting the approval from the regional manager, district manager, senior sales rep, passing an assessment test, getting great feedback from the recruiter, and no reasons from the managers in Chicago not to hire me... I did not get the offer.
    I lost 3 days of vacation at my current company, had to drive 3 hours to the 1st interview, 2 for the ride along. I did not get a reason or explanation on why I did not get the offer.
    All I can say is be perfect with your answers and be able to explain WHY you have done what you have done.

Interview Questions

• Give specific examples on a difficult account you opened. What sales training have you had? What do you like the least about your current job? Why did you move from one state to the other? Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Medline Industries.

Interview

I received an email request to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and was conducted very professionally. At the end of the phone call, we scheduled the first of what I found out to be 5 more steps in the interview process. The in person interview was conducted by their corporate recruiter that had flown in for the week. The interview was also handled very professionally and I was told that if they were interested, we would have a second in person interview. That would be followed by a day of shadowing a current employee holding that position. That would be followed by an interview with the direct managers and then finally that would be followed by an interview with their direct manager. I was told this whole process takes 6-8 weeks.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Medline Industries (Mundelein, IL).

Interview

Four interviews with four different people, each around 30 minutes long. Interview was not strenuous. They were very accommodating, and were very easy to get along with. Each interview was with a different person within the IT department.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medline Industries (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a very casual 30 minute one-on-one interview at my University. I almost felt too comfortable during the interview. The interviewer asked me a few questions, and I asked him a few questions as well. The recruiter was also very thorough in how he answered my questions, so he may have talked more than I did.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medline Industries (Mundelein, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online on the company website. HR reached out to me on same day itself. A quick 30 mins telephonic interview was scheduled within couple of days after submitting my resume. I was invited for onsite interview within 10 days of my telephonic interview. Was asked to take Wonderlic aptitude test after finishing up my onsite interviews. Overall, the interview process was very well structured and well thought out.

Interview Questions

• Resume walk through and good set of behavioral questions. Not very difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Medline Industries (Mundelein, IL).

Interview

Ridiculously long process of 4 interviews including a drug, Personality and IQ test. Too bad they don't give these tests to managers as they would all be kicked out... expecially on the Personality and IQ tests.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

two seconds. no room for negotiating