Medpace

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medpace in February 2015.

Medpace is one of a few U.S. CROs that are currently hiring inexperienced CRAs, thus it is a good company for gaining invaluable experience within the CRA field. I was contacted by a recruiter within 48 hours of applying online. Within three business days I was asked to participate in a 'virtual interview' with a hiring manager one week out. Standard interview questions. Three days later I was asked to commute from Columbus for an in-person interview another week out. (No reimbursement for travel expenses.) This was conducted by an HR professional and two different hiring managers, and lasted about two hours. I expected to receive an offer. One week later I received an automated rejection email. The HR department declined to respond to my inquiry regarding why I was not given an offer. I have seven+ years FT professional experience in biomedical research and public speaking post-undergrad, whereas most of their CRA I hires are straight out of undergrad. Oh well...

Interview Questions
    • I interviewed with 5 people: most questions were redundant amongst them.
      What is the role of the CRA? (also need to answer this via written assessment during the final interview)
      Strengths/weaknesses?
      Provide an example of a time you had to troubleshoot a procedure.
      How do you deal with outliers when examining data sets?
      Are you comfortable speaking publicly to medical professionals?
      Greatest accomplishment?
      Conflict resolution with coworkers?
      Where do you see yourself in X years?
      Do you anticipate going back to school for a Ph.D. or M.D.? Why/why not?
      and others...

Answer Question

Clinical Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medpace in January 2015.

Applied for the position during the Christmas holiday & received an email right after the New year for a phone interview. Phone interview scheduled a week later with HR rep. The phone interview lasted about 20 mins and we discussed the position & my resume. She then said that I would be contacted within a week if I was chosen for in person interview. Received email to days later for in person interview that took place a week later. There I met two Data managers & one HR rep (30 mins each). The managers talked extensively about the specifics of the position and department. The HR rep answered ant last minute questions & talked about company benefits. Received email two weeks later (as told) that I had not been selected for the position.

Medical Writer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medpace in December 2014.

First round phone interview with HR last about 30 minutes. Invited for an in-person interview within a week. Scheduling was for a couple of weeks from the invitation. Met with 6 different people ranging from HR to upper management. It was a very long day, as I flew in and out of Cincinnati on the actual interview day and no lunch was provided. I also didn't get to see much of the building or meet people on the team outside of those with whom I interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions about my CV   Answer Question
    • What was your favorite section of scientific manuscripts to write?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Given 3 days to accept

Clinical Research Associate I Interview

Communications by email until phone interview. They went over basic questions and through why I wanted the CRA position. Described the position quite a bit and then told me they would contact me later. They emailed to schedule an in person interview at their campus, which is quite a fantastic place. It was a three person interview, they came in one by one and talked about the position and went through my resume. Also wrote a paragraph about a prompt, it was to check whether I can communicate effectively.

Senior Intern/Clinical Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medpace in October 2014.

I originally submitted my resume through their website and was contacted within 48 hours to set up a phone interview. Two days later I spoke with HR and the conversation lasted about 50 minutes and was focused on the job description, the company, and my personal accomplishments and I ended it by asking about eight questions. I was told that they would be in touch within a week or so if they would like a in person interview and within five days we scheduled the interview for two weeks later. The interview was at their amazing office and was about three hours and I met with two CRA managers back to back and two HR reps at the same time. They reviewed my experience, accomplishments, research history and goals, and future goals in the career. I was also asked to complete a written assessment to review my writing style and language. I originally interviewed for the Senior Intern position; however, I was offered a CRA I position instead.

Interview Questions
    • What makes me qualified for this position and why?   View Answer

Clinical Trial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medpace in August 2014.

Had a phone interview with 2 HR reps. It went will, they asked about why I wanted to work at Medpace and my background. I asked them about 7 questions. They answered all and that kept the interview from being like 10 mins. Then they emailed me to schedule a face to face about 2 weeks out. The face to face was 3 interviews in 1. HR rep, Project Coordinator, then Manager. All 3 went great. Very nice ladies and I made them all laugh. Was offered the job the following day.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions just the usual, how do you resolve conflict?   Answer Question
    No negotiation even though I asked for more. Still they offered more then my previous job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Medpace.

I met with two managers of the training department and was specifically hired for my specialty background so I was able to demand a much hire salary than the average. I think people typically meet with three managers but again I was probably fast-tracked based on my oncology nursing background.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stuck out as particularly difficult for me but the written essay test to check your writing skills (punctuation, grammar, sentence structure) may be difficult for some.   Answer Question
    I told them I would not leave my current job for less than $65,000 and I was surprised they gave it to me so easily. Yet later I realized I was making much less and hour than the nursing job I came from because I was only calculating it based on a 40 hour work week.

Senior Intern/Clinical Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Medpace.

Received a phone interview via email. They called me at the scheduled time and asked like three questions before ending the call. The interview barely lasted 10 minutes. It seemed like she was in a hurry to begin with.

Clinical Research Associate I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medpace in June 2014.

Just had a phone interview and the recruiter asked me to go through my resume and asked some questions about my clinical experience. Asked me how I would handle managing clinical projects rather than doing them on my own since this was purely a managerial position.

Interview Questions
    • How long I expect to stay at the company and my future goals. They typically are looking for people to stay for 3-4 years.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate III Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medpace.

Overall the hiring process was long and and exhausted. There were alot of behavioral and situational questions, which was fine, but in my opinion....four remote interviews is a bit much with extended gaps with replies.

Interview Questions
    • Very general question, if you are a good monitor, you can answer them easily.   Answer Question

Took too long to reply.