Medpace Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.8

Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medpace.

Interview

I applied online...received an email requesting a phone interview...we completed the phone interview and 2 days later received email to complete a face-to-face interview with HR and CRA managers. I emailed them back my availability and 3 days later (business days) I received an automatic/generic email message saying they were not interested in pursuing me as an applicant anymore; no reason as to why!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Medpace.

Interview

HR made short phone interview specifically to check on travel aspect. Told me that a hiring manager would be in touch within the week. Was told by other employees of the company that they really only hire CPAs and nurses.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to meet the 80% travel aspect of the job?   Answer Question

CRA Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medpace.

Interview

One person from HR interviewed me and then 2 different CRA managers. All at different times. After the HR, there was a writing prompt I was told I had 10-15 minutes for... I got maybe 5 before the next person came in.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Medpace (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

**This position REQUIRES the signing of a NON-COMPETE clause! This would prevent you from working for another CRO for a year after voluntary or involuntary termination. This makes it difficult to advance from an entry level position unless you choose to stay with this company.

**Benefits package is unrealistic and extremely expensive compared to more common benefit plans

Started with a phone screening interview, followed by a virtual phone interview. In person interview was with 4 different people. 2 Clinical Research Managers, then the HR recruiter, and another Clinical Research Manager in charge of training.

Was offered the position, but compensation offered was WAY below industry standard. They were NOT WILLING TO NEGOTIATE salary. This along with non-compete was a deal breaker for me.

Interview Questions

• > Rate your detail orientation skills on a scale of 1-10. Explain your answer
      > What would you say motivates you to do hard work?
      > Describe the position of a CRA
      > How did you find out about Medpace?
      > You will also have to complete a writing sample also explaining why a CRA is important to the CRO industry

Answer Question

Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medpace (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Painless phone interview process with straight forward questions. Basically questions that determine your character and whether you would be a good fit at the company. But overall it was nothing to stress about.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medpace (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Medpace is one of a few U.S. CROs that are currently hiring inexperienced CRAs, thus it is a good company for gaining invaluable experience within the CRA field. I was contacted by a recruiter within 48 hours of applying online. Within three business days I was asked to participate in a 'virtual interview' with a hiring manager one week out. Standard interview questions. Three days later I was asked to commute from Columbus for an in-person interview another week out. (No reimbursement for travel expenses.) This was conducted by an HR professional and two different hiring managers, and lasted about two hours. I expected to receive an offer. One week later I received an automated rejection email. The HR department declined to respond to my inquiry regarding why I was not given an offer. I have seven+ years FT professional experience in biomedical research and public speaking post-undergrad, whereas most of their CRA I hires are straight out of undergrad. Oh well...

Interview Questions

• I interviewed with 5 people: most questions were redundant amongst them.
      What is the role of the CRA? (also need to answer this via written assessment during the final interview)
      Strengths/weaknesses?
      Provide an example of a time you had to troubleshoot a procedure.
      How do you deal with outliers when examining data sets?
      Are you comfortable speaking publicly to medical professionals?
      Greatest accomplishment?
      Conflict resolution with coworkers?
      Where do you see yourself in X years?
      Do you anticipate going back to school for a Ph.D. or M.D.? Why/why not?
      and others...

Answer Question

Clinical Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medpace (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position during the Christmas holiday & received an email right after the New year for a phone interview. Phone interview scheduled a week later with HR rep. The phone interview lasted about 20 mins and we discussed the position & my resume. She then said that I would be contacted within a week if I was chosen for in person interview. Received email to days later for in person interview that took place a week later. There I met two Data managers & one HR rep (30 mins each). The managers talked extensively about the specifics of the position and department. The HR rep answered ant last minute questions & talked about company benefits. Received email two weeks later (as told) that I had not been selected for the position.

Medical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medpace in December 2014.

Interview

First round phone interview with HR last about 30 minutes. Invited for an in-person interview within a week. Scheduling was for a couple of weeks from the invitation. Met with 6 different people ranging from HR to upper management. It was a very long day, as I flew in and out of Cincinnati on the actual interview day and no lunch was provided. I also didn't get to see much of the building or meet people on the team outside of those with whom I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about my CV   Answer Question
    • What was your favorite section of scientific manuscripts to write?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Given 3 days to accept

Clinical Research Associate I Interview

Interview

Communications by email until phone interview. They went over basic questions and through why I wanted the CRA position. Described the position quite a bit and then told me they would contact me later. They emailed to schedule an in person interview at their campus, which is quite a fantastic place. It was a three person interview, they came in one by one and talked about the position and went through my resume. Also wrote a paragraph about a prompt, it was to check whether I can communicate effectively.

Senior Intern/Clinical Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medpace (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I originally submitted my resume through their website and was contacted within 48 hours to set up a phone interview. Two days later I spoke with HR and the conversation lasted about 50 minutes and was focused on the job description, the company, and my personal accomplishments and I ended it by asking about eight questions. I was told that they would be in touch within a week or so if they would like a in person interview and within five days we scheduled the interview for two weeks later. The interview was at their amazing office and was about three hours and I met with two CRA managers back to back and two HR reps at the same time. They reviewed my experience, accomplishments, research history and goals, and future goals in the career. I was also asked to complete a written assessment to review my writing style and language. I originally interviewed for the Senior Intern position; however, I was offered a CRA I position instead.

Interview Questions

• What makes me qualified for this position and why?   1 Answer