Medtronic

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Northridge, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in March 2014.

Interview Details – Pick the right recruiter and getting an interview will be faster. Only pick 1 because you will get disqualified if you get submitted more than once. The first step is a phone interview with the manager and then a group interview with the PI and the rest of the coordinators.

Interview Question – Why research diabetes?   Answer Question

Mounds View, MN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was relatively straight forward. Medtronic flew me in and stayed at hotel near the Mounds View campus. I met first with the HR rep (who has been great); she asked some tough questions about my background, how I would deal with personality conflict, and how I would meld with the team. Then I met with the Director of the division, she was top notch, asked questions about my aspirations, goals, and what I wanted from the company. I then met with two other employees that further explained what responsibilities I will have gave me an abbreviated tour of the campus. The group has great chemistry and I feel very fortunate to be part of this group.

Before my interview and even applying I downloaded the book: Get the Interview Every Time by Brenda Greene; this book was invaluable with me getting the interview and then getting the position. It was free on my kindle, not sure what it costs now. It had many of the tough questions verbatim (commonly asked by Fortune 500 companies).

I was contacted two weeks later and offered a position with competitive pay and lots of benefits. It seems so far that Medtronic is going to be a great employer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that failed and the lessons that you learned from it?   Answer Question
  • Explain to me a situation in which your business and personal ethics were challenged. Describe how you responded to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Once you get the offer, salary is not negotiable, but you may be able to negotiate extra vacation and a sign on bonus. They gave me a sign on bonus, but I don't think they would have given it; if I didn't ask for it. Be sure you do.

Clinical Research Specialist

The process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in May 2010.

Interview Details – Through contract agency

Interview Questions

Worked for Medtronic? Contribute to the Community!