Medtronic Clinical Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

2.9

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

I was first contacted by email to setup a phone interview. The phone interview didn't occur until about 3 weeks later. The face-to-face was supposed to happen within the following couple of weeks, but did not occur. Basic interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty straight forward, it was a bit long, over an hour and a half. Lots of behavioral questions, and what if scenarios. We first did a phone screening, which was pretty much the manager making sure I had a full understanding of the job role and what would be expected of me, the next was a face to face interview with the person who would be my manager, and then I met with the manager and a member of my would be team. The interview with the would be team member was essentially the same as the interview with the manager, more behavioral and situational type questions.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes you are painted as an outsider in this role, how do you integrate yourself into the team?   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Over the course of 6 months I had at least 12 interviews with various teams, and met pretty much everyone in the Medtronic CRDM division in their region. All employers/employees I met with were extremely courteous and professional. Questions weren't hard, and the process seemed to be more them judging if I'd be a good fit within each team. I enjoyed each interview I had. However, what happened outside of the interviews was where things got annoying and confusing. After interviewing, I'd be told by the hiring managers (there were several I dealt with during this time) for over a month per interview, continuously, that they were still interviewing, or that there was a hiring freeze, or some other modification of this response. Throughout this time, they still openly said they were interested in me as a candidate, and that I should keep in contact. They were working through things on their end, and I needed to be patient. Ultimately, each and every time I interviewed, after over a month or two per position I interviewed for, I was denied for the position, but encouraged and asked to interview for another open position they had. I often wondered if there even was an open position actually available, or if this was some kind of practical joke. The last interview I had, there were apparently some misinterpreted aspects of my resume by the team I was interviewing with, that could have been easily clarified (conflict of interest with another position I had at that time, which was not the case at all), but was not given the chance. The hiring manager called me and told me this was the case, and proceeded to give me 'feedback' about the team interview, which included letting me know that I was seen as potentially not devoted to the position (after interviewing for 6 months and traveling over 1000 miles during that time, not re-imbursed for any of it, while also learning the ins and outs of their catalog and surgical procedures). Let me reiterate, I thought everyone I interviewed with was extremely personable, professional, and most likely very knowledgeable in their trade. However, the complete and utter folly of their absurdly long, redundant, and disorganized interview process, as well as the neglect I felt from the interviewers throughout the entire process, left an incredibly bitter taste in my mouth. From what I've heard from other people who have interviewed for similar positions in different/the same area, this experience is commonplace for the Medtronic family. While the company itself is great and the compensation offered is higher than average in the industry, I would be extremely hesitant to recommend anyone to go through their interview process. There are similar companies that do not engage in this type of interviewing strategy, and offer similar compensation and quality products and support.

Interview Questions

• None. Questions were always very straightforward and non-technical.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Sent resume to MDT via linked in. HR phone screen was a good experience, good communication. The interview was poorly structured. But afterward there was NO communication from Medtronic. They should have the professionalism and courtesy to say no thank you. Others are able to. That left a very bad feeling that it's all about them, not us.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Riverside, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very long, I had about 5 interviews and met a total of 9 people. The process took months and at the end they relocated the position and didn't notify me until I called to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Various people had different perspectives, but mostly they wanted to know I would be committed to helping the team. The motto was that Medtronic is a lifestyle and with the Clinical Specialist role you must be willing to drop anything to be there to support your team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY).

Interview

Overall, a very straightforward process consisting of an online assessment test, personality assessment test, phone interview, and two face-to-face interviews. The interviewers were very pleasant and didn't try to trick you or make you uncomfortable. The final interview consisted of a sit-down with the Sales Manager and Clinical Manager, both of which were professional, knowledgebale, and personable.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever failed in an attempt to implement a change at your current position? How did you react to it?   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

First interview with human resources, second interview with Clinical Supervisor, third interview with District Manager. Met with sales rep and did ride along. I spoke to other people who had up to eight interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were many of the standard questions. I do not recall there be any odd or unusual questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate my base, but instead was given a sign on bonus of $5000 and an extra week of vacation.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Miami, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

I though it was a bit long, but compared to everyone else, actually short. Gave my resume to a career fair representative. He asked me a few questions. I was called later on that day by HR. A phone interview was set up the next day. A 1:1 the next week. a group interview 2 weeks later. got hired by then end of dec.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses/strengths. They were your typical HR questions... Tell me a time when you had to be a leader... tell me a time when you had to solve a problem... tell me a time when you had to delegate... tell me a time when you had to work with someone you did not like... etc   1 Answer

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through a referral. The process took overall 4 weeks from the minute I applied till the moment the interview took place. The employees that set up the interview through email were all quite courteous and professional. Unfortunately I didn't meet the experience requirement for the position, but the interview was to discuss future opportunities within the company. The interviewer was honest and quite helpful.

Interview Questions

• Guide me through your CV. Why do you want to work at Medtronic?   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Interview

I was contacted by email, and the had an Skype Interview. Very standard questions, there was no follo-up.