Medtronic Clinical Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Over the course of 6 months I had at least 12 interviews with various teams, and met pretty much everyone in the Medtronic CRDM division in their region. All employers/employees I met with were extremely courteous and professional. Questions weren't hard, and the process seemed to be more them judging if I'd be a good fit within each team. I enjoyed each interview I had.

However, what happened outside of the interviews was where things got annoying and confusing. After interviewing, I'd be told by the hiring managers (there were several I dealt with during this time) for over a month per interview, continuously, that they were still interviewing, or that there was a hiring freeze, or some other modification of this response. Throughout this time, they still openly said they were interested in me as a candidate, and that I should keep in contact. They were working through things on their end, and I needed to be patient. Ultimately, each and every time I interviewed, after over a month or two per position I interviewed for, I was denied for the position, but encouraged and asked to interview for another open position they had. I often wondered if there even was an open position actually available, or if this was some kind of practical joke.

The last interview I had, there were apparently some misinterpreted aspects of my resume by the team I was interviewing with, that could have been easily clarified (conflict of interest with another position I had at that time, which was not the case at all), but was not given the chance. The hiring manager called me and told me this was the case, and proceeded to give me 'feedback' about the team interview, which included letting me know that I was seen as potentially not devoted to the position (after interviewing for 6 months and traveling over 1000 miles during that time, not re-imbursed for any of it, while also learning the ins and outs of their catalog and surgical procedures).

Let me reiterate, I thought everyone I interviewed with was extremely personable, professional, and most likely very knowledgeable in their trade. However, the complete and utter folly of their absurdly long, redundant, and disorganized interview process, as well as the neglect I felt from the interviewers throughout the entire process, left an incredibly bitter taste in my mouth.

From what I've heard from other people who have interviewed for similar positions in different/the same area, this experience is commonplace for the Medtronic family. While the company itself is great and the compensation offered is higher than average in the industry, I would be extremely hesitant to recommend anyone to go through their interview process. There are similar companies that do not engage in this type of interviewing strategy, and offer similar compensation and quality products and support.

Interview Questions

• None. Questions were always very straightforward and non-technical.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Sent resume to MDT via linked in. HR phone screen was a good experience, good communication. The interview was poorly structured. But afterward there was NO communication from Medtronic. They should have the professionalism and courtesy to say no thank you. Others are able to. That left a very bad feeling that it's all about them, not us.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY).

Interview

Overall, a very straightforward process consisting of an online assessment test, personality assessment test, phone interview, and two face-to-face interviews. The interviewers were very pleasant and didn't try to trick you or make you uncomfortable. The final interview consisted of a sit-down with the Sales Manager and Clinical Manager, both of which were professional, knowledgebale, and personable.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever failed in an attempt to implement a change at your current position? How did you react to it?   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

First interview with human resources, second interview with Clinical Supervisor, third interview with District Manager. Met with sales rep and did ride along. I spoke to other people who had up to eight interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were many of the standard questions. I do not recall there be any odd or unusual questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate my base, but instead was given a sign on bonus of $5000 and an extra week of vacation.

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through a referral. The process took overall 4 weeks from the minute I applied till the moment the interview took place. The employees that set up the interview through email were all quite courteous and professional. Unfortunately I didn't meet the experience requirement for the position, but the interview was to discuss future opportunities within the company. The interviewer was honest and quite helpful.

Interview Questions

• Guide me through your CV.
      Why do you want to work at Medtronic?

Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Interview

I was contacted by email, and the had an Skype Interview. Very standard questions, there was no follo-up.

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in March 2011.

Interview

Initial phone conversations with the hiring manager were straightforward. i got invited out for a series of interviews (3 days). Day 1 was a panel interview with 2 sales reps who tried to make you feel as uncomfortable as possible to determine how you respond in tricky situations. Day 2 consisted of a technical interview with behavioral questions, an interview with the higher ups, and an interview with the regional HR rep (which was a very effective interview). Day 3 was meeting the team I'd be working with.

Lot's of down time during all three days. Some interviews were in different locations which can add to the stress (finding the place,parking, etc). Luckily, I knew most of my interviewers beforehand, and I knew the job front and back.

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in January 2010.

Interview

Very organized, systematic, negotiation of salary, etc.