Medtronic Engineer Interview Questions

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in June 2012.

Behavioral interview with panel consisting of Engineering Manager, Operations Manager and HR Manager. Overall good atmosphere very laid back interview style. Each member of panel asked one question from pre-determined list about company values. Also answered pre-screened questionnaire from HR. Timely feedback from HR when not selected for position. Overall pleasant experience although not offered position.

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in November 2010.

fairly basic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in September 2010.

Brief and undirected interview. Surprisingly, this interview as actually "led" by someone in CA, and not HR in MN, which is traditionally the case. She called later than the appointed time and simply asked, "Why you want to work for Medtronic?" after starter small talk. She seemed shocked when I told her I wasn't American and was absolutely clueless about visas/procedures required. Said she'd get back to me in Nov (2 months post-interview) because she had to look into the visas and things; never did.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Medtronic?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in June 2010.

At the group interview, pairs of engineers come in to ask and detail your previous engineering work and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know the annotations for CAD drawings.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in May 2010.

Applied online, never heard for 3 mos, then 2 or 3 phone interviews. Went to CA for face to face and they seemed very confused and disorganized. The 6 people on the schedule kept changing through the day. Interviewers knew little about the job and the hiring manager was not even there that day. Why would they waste the time and money? It took a couple of months to get re-imbursed for expenses. The interview seemed to go well, and the HR person kept in touch for a week or two then stopped returning calls or e-mails. I never received any feedback as to whether I'm still being considered or not. I was excited about Medtronic, but this group seems to be run by amateurs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Medtronic in February 2010.

Dedicated HR group handled initial communication and conducted initial phone interview. It was followed by onsite interview. Needed continuous followup for communication.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in December 2009.

Interviewed with a engineering manager about New College Graduate position. The interviewer was technical by nature but the interview consisted of nothing but personality and psychological questions. One thing did stick out, the interviewer stated that Med tonic is not in the business of cutting edge technology, they're into doing with existing tech to the point of no errors.

Interview Questions
    • What is your problem solving process as an engineering?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in November 2009.

We started with an online application along with posting of a current resume and transcript. Then an on campus interview was scheduled for 2 weeks after the date the application was submitted. After the interview, an automated email was sent explaining how they were choosing to go in a different direction.

Interview Questions
    • What are two experiences in your previous work experiences that would make you qualified to be successful in this position?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in October 2011.

Intervied with three of the four Electrical engineers I was supporting. Basic questions, review of resume, how I felt about performing the job requirements, etc. Hiring manager was not available that day due to family emergency.

Talked with head of mechanical group.who was concerned about how I would deal with a hypothetical situation were I was told to test something when I knew it was not the correct test to perform. I explained that I would politely ask for clarification if I did not understand the reason for the testing. He explained that a previous candidate stated that since he was a contractor, he would do whatever the engineer asked, whether it was right or wrong. The interviewer felt that response was not what he was looking for in a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • How would I deal with being asked to perform a test procedure that I knew was either wrong or would not provide the data required to resolve problem?   View Answer
    Negotiation was thru a contract agency since this was a temp position. Background check and drug test performed by agency.

Engineering Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in May 2011.

Medtronic's hiring staff contacted me very promptly and after reviewing my credentials and their needs offered to interview me on site within a week. The planning for the interview day went well and I had 1:1 and group interviews with peers, superiors, and subordinates that were long enough for me to learn about the job and for me to learn about me. They had some standard questions about how to handle difficult people and situations but there were no surprises. On the downside, they never showed me around the facility. After the interview which I felt went well, I heard nothing for 2+ weeks and knew that I had a very small likelihood of getting the job as no one contacted any of my references so it was no surprise when the rejection call came.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had a subordinate who was not pulling their weight on the project?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   View Answer