Medtronic

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Memphis, TN

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in June 2012.

Interview Details – Behavioral interview with panel consisting of Engineering Manager, Operations Manager and HR Manager. Overall good atmosphere very laid back interview style. Each member of panel asked one question from pre-determined list about company values. Also answered pre-screened questionnaire from HR. Timely feedback from HR when not selected for position. Overall pleasant experience although not offered position.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Medtronics?   Answer Question

Northridge, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in November 2010.

Interview Details – fairly basic

Interview Question – what attracts you about Medtronic Diabetes?   Answer Question

Littleton, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Medtronic in February 2010.

Interview Details – Dedicated HR group handled initial communication and conducted initial phone interview. It was followed by onsite interview. Needed continuous followup for communication.

Interview Questions

Santa Rosa, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in September 2010.

Interview Details – Brief and undirected interview. Surprisingly, this interview as actually "led" by someone in CA, and not HR in MN, which is traditionally the case. She called later than the appointed time and simply asked, "Why you want to work for Medtronic?" after starter small talk. She seemed shocked when I told her I wasn't American and was absolutely clueless about visas/procedures required. Said she'd get back to me in Nov (2 months post-interview) because she had to look into the visas and things; never did.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Medtronic?   View Answer

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in November 2009.

Interview Details – We started with an online application along with posting of a current resume and transcript. Then an on campus interview was scheduled for 2 weeks after the date the application was submitted. After the interview, an automated email was sent explaining how they were choosing to go in a different direction.

Interview Question – What are two experiences in your previous work experiences that would make you qualified to be successful in this position?   Answer Question

Northridge, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, never heard for 3 mos, then 2 or 3 phone interviews. Went to CA for face to face and they seemed very confused and disorganized. The 6 people on the schedule kept changing through the day. Interviewers knew little about the job and the hiring manager was not even there that day. Why would they waste the time and money? It took a couple of months to get re-imbursed for expenses. The interview seemed to go well, and the HR person kept in touch for a week or two then stopped returning calls or e-mails. I never received any feedback as to whether I'm still being considered or not. I was excited about Medtronic, but this group seems to be run by amateurs.

Interview Question – what was your biggest failure   Answer Question

Northridge, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in June 2010.

Interview Details – At the group interview, pairs of engineers come in to ask and detail your previous engineering work and experience.

Interview Question – Do you know the annotations for CAD drawings.   View Answer

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a engineering manager about New College Graduate position. The interviewer was technical by nature but the interview consisted of nothing but personality and psychological questions. One thing did stick out, the interviewer stated that Med tonic is not in the business of cutting edge technology, they're into doing with existing tech to the point of no errors.

Interview Question – What is your problem solving process as an engineering?   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Medtronic in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a phone call to go interview. I spent about 4 hours ( a whole morning) interviewing with all the area directors and about 5 team members. Two weeks later I got a call from the recruiter to discuss salary expectations. A week after I received an offer. I accepted and went through background check and drug screening test.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in your current role when you saw someone doing something that you knew was wrong. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was within what I expected. No need to negotiate.

Engineering

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in October 2011.

Interview Details – Intervied with three of the four Electrical engineers I was supporting. Basic questions, review of resume, how I felt about performing the job requirements, etc. Hiring manager was not available that day due to family emergency.

Talked with head of mechanical group.who was concerned about how I would deal with a hypothetical situation were I was told to test something when I knew it was not the correct test to perform. I explained that I would politely ask for clarification if I did not understand the reason for the testing. He explained that a previous candidate stated that since he was a contractor, he would do whatever the engineer asked, whether it was right or wrong. The interviewer felt that response was not what he was looking for in a candidate.

Interview Question – How would I deal with being asked to perform a test procedure that I knew was either wrong or would not provide the data required to resolve problem?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was thru a contract agency since this was a temp position. Background check and drug test performed by agency.

Worked for Medtronic? Contribute to the Community!