Medtronic Engineer Interview Questions

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northridge, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in May 2010.

Applied online, never heard for 3 mos, then 2 or 3 phone interviews. Went to CA for face to face and they seemed very confused and disorganized. The 6 people on the schedule kept changing through the day. Interviewers knew little about the job and the hiring manager was not even there that day. Why would they waste the time and money? It took a couple of months to get re-imbursed for expenses. The interview seemed to go well, and the HR person kept in touch for a week or two then stopped returning calls or e-mails. I never received any feedback as to whether I'm still being considered or not. I was excited about Medtronic, but this group seems to be run by amateurs.

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Engineering Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in July 2010.

Phone interview followed by an 1 on 1 interview. Very positive feedback and professional.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in January 2009.

College fair was the introduction. Submitted resume and received phone interview. After phone interview was asked to interview w/4 individuals. After this, called back to give a presentation and went thru a panel review. Received offer 1 month after phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in December 2009.

Interviewed with a engineering manager about New College Graduate position. The interviewer was technical by nature but the interview consisted of nothing but personality and psychological questions. One thing did stick out, the interviewer stated that Med tonic is not in the business of cutting edge technology, they're into doing with existing tech to the point of no errors.

Interview Questions
    • What is your problem solving process as an engineering?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in March 2010.

The interview was ok but I was interviewed with another perspective employee and that was kind of awkward. I do not like that they don't tell you that you do not have the job but rather that if they do not contact you, you do not need to contact them and assume that you were not selected.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in June 2010.

At the group interview, pairs of engineers come in to ask and detail your previous engineering work and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know the annotations for CAD drawings.   View Answer

Engineering Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in May 2011.

Medtronic's hiring staff contacted me very promptly and after reviewing my credentials and their needs offered to interview me on site within a week. The planning for the interview day went well and I had 1:1 and group interviews with peers, superiors, and subordinates that were long enough for me to learn about the job and for me to learn about me. They had some standard questions about how to handle difficult people and situations but there were no surprises. On the downside, they never showed me around the facility. After the interview which I felt went well, I heard nothing for 2+ weeks and knew that I had a very small likelihood of getting the job as no one contacted any of my references so it was no surprise when the rejection call came.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you had a subordinate who was not pulling their weight on the project?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in November 2009.

We started with an online application along with posting of a current resume and transcript. Then an on campus interview was scheduled for 2 weeks after the date the application was submitted. After the interview, an automated email was sent explaining how they were choosing to go in a different direction.

Interview Questions
    • What are two experiences in your previous work experiences that would make you qualified to be successful in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in September 2010.

Brief and undirected interview. Surprisingly, this interview as actually "led" by someone in CA, and not HR in MN, which is traditionally the case. She called later than the appointed time and simply asked, "Why you want to work for Medtronic?" after starter small talk. She seemed shocked when I told her I wasn't American and was absolutely clueless about visas/procedures required. Said she'd get back to me in Nov (2 months post-interview) because she had to look into the visas and things; never did.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Medtronic?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Littleton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Medtronic in February 2010.

Dedicated HR group handled initial communication and conducted initial phone interview. It was followed by onsite interview. Needed continuous followup for communication.

Interview Questions

Worked for Medtronic? Contribute to the Community!