Medtronic

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Northridge, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, never heard for 3 mos, then 2 or 3 phone interviews. Went to CA for face to face and they seemed very confused and disorganized. The 6 people on the schedule kept changing through the day. Interviewers knew little about the job and the hiring manager was not even there that day. Why would they waste the time and money? It took a couple of months to get re-imbursed for expenses. The interview seemed to go well, and the HR person kept in touch for a week or two then stopped returning calls or e-mails. I never received any feedback as to whether I'm still being considered or not. I was excited about Medtronic, but this group seems to be run by amateurs.

Interview Question – what was your biggest failure   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in July 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by an 1 on 1 interview. Very positive feedback and professional.

Interview Question – Which site would you choose?   View Answer

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in January 2009.

Interview Details – College fair was the introduction. Submitted resume and received phone interview. After phone interview was asked to interview w/4 individuals. After this, called back to give a presentation and went thru a panel review. Received offer 1 month after phone interview.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a engineering manager about New College Graduate position. The interviewer was technical by nature but the interview consisted of nothing but personality and psychological questions. One thing did stick out, the interviewer stated that Med tonic is not in the business of cutting edge technology, they're into doing with existing tech to the point of no errors.

Interview Question – What is your problem solving process as an engineering?   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was ok but I was interviewed with another perspective employee and that was kind of awkward. I do not like that they don't tell you that you do not have the job but rather that if they do not contact you, you do not need to contact them and assume that you were not selected.

Interview Question – What do you feel that you could bring to the company?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Northridge, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in June 2010.

Interview Details – At the group interview, pairs of engineers come in to ask and detail your previous engineering work and experience.

Interview Question – Do you know the annotations for CAD drawings.   View Answer

Engineering

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in May 2011.

Interview Details – Medtronic's hiring staff contacted me very promptly and after reviewing my credentials and their needs offered to interview me on site within a week. The planning for the interview day went well and I had 1:1 and group interviews with peers, superiors, and subordinates that were long enough for me to learn about the job and for me to learn about me. They had some standard questions about how to handle difficult people and situations but there were no surprises. On the downside, they never showed me around the facility. After the interview which I felt went well, I heard nothing for 2+ weeks and knew that I had a very small likelihood of getting the job as no one contacted any of my references so it was no surprise when the rejection call came.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a subordinate who was not pulling their weight on the project?   View Answer
  • Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in November 2009.

Interview Details – We started with an online application along with posting of a current resume and transcript. Then an on campus interview was scheduled for 2 weeks after the date the application was submitted. After the interview, an automated email was sent explaining how they were choosing to go in a different direction.

Interview Question – What are two experiences in your previous work experiences that would make you qualified to be successful in this position?   Answer Question

Santa Rosa, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in September 2010.

Interview Details – Brief and undirected interview. Surprisingly, this interview as actually "led" by someone in CA, and not HR in MN, which is traditionally the case. She called later than the appointed time and simply asked, "Why you want to work for Medtronic?" after starter small talk. She seemed shocked when I told her I wasn't American and was absolutely clueless about visas/procedures required. Said she'd get back to me in Nov (2 months post-interview) because she had to look into the visas and things; never did.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Medtronic?   View Answer

Littleton, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Medtronic in February 2010.

Interview Details – Dedicated HR group handled initial communication and conducted initial phone interview. It was followed by onsite interview. Needed continuous followup for communication.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Medtronic

Worked for Medtronic? Contribute to the Community!

Medtronic Videos

Medtronic – Why Work for Us?

Medtronic is the world’s largest medical technology company, offering an unprecedented breadth and depth of innovative therapies to fulfill our Mission of alleviating pain, restoring health, and extending life. Last… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Medtronic Engineer interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Medtronic employees and interview candidates.