Medtronic Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Was asked to schedule a ~30 min phone interview that was very friendly. They explained more about the position and asked if I had any questions. The questions were typical, mostly about my past experiences, leadership positions, and accomplishments. There weren't any technical questions at this point. The interviewer was very helpful and willing to answer questions, made it seem like she enjoys her job. Overall a pretty good experience!

Interview Questions

• What is an example of when you were a leader and did you face any conflicts?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Was asked general questions about past projects and my interest in biomedical engineering. Also asked about my experience in CAD, coding (MATLAB). Interview was obtained through a career fair at my school. Interviewer was a HR professional and was not involved in any of the engineering projects at Medtronic. Interview was very pleasant overall and felt like a casual conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Tempe, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Online interview using software they told me to install. All questions were behavioural questions and they also asked questions about my resume. First interviewed with 2 senior engineers then a break and then an interview with the engineering manager. They asked questions about experiences that you might have had, why you want to work at Medtronic, etc.

Engineering Interview

Application

I interviewed at Medtronic in November 2014.

Interview

Met at a job fair and had a 30 minute behavioral interview. Normal questions like when were you in a situation when you had to work with difficult people and how did you resolve the problem? There were a lot of behavioral type questions so make sure you have a situations at hand that can be used to answer such questions. The next step was an interview from the specific location that is accepting intern and co-op positions. I got the e-mail about two months after the first behavioral interview.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Medtronic in October 2014.

Interview

I talked with recruiters at job fair and got an onsite interview for a position at the Northridge site. Interview was with an engineer at the company and mostly about information on my resume and why I was interested in Medtronic. I would make sure to know the company and their mission statement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Tampa, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

The hiring manager knew exactly what he was looking for. In my case, my background aligned with the manager's needs. The interview was therefore short. However, the managers asked some challenging analytical questions that evaluated me as a fast thinker, and my technical knowledge about basic physics and mechanics of materials.

Interview Questions

• What are the basic material properties that you can learn from a stress strain diagram.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in June 2012.

Interview

Behavioral interview with panel consisting of Engineering Manager, Operations Manager and HR Manager. Overall good atmosphere very laid back interview style. Each member of panel asked one question from pre-determined list about company values. Also answered pre-screened questionnaire from HR. Timely feedback from HR when not selected for position. Overall pleasant experience although not offered position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

fairly basic

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Santa Rosa, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Brief and undirected interview. Surprisingly, this interview as actually "led" by someone in CA, and not HR in MN, which is traditionally the case. She called later than the appointed time and simply asked, "Why you want to work for Medtronic?" after starter small talk. She seemed shocked when I told her I wasn't American and was absolutely clueless about visas/procedures required. Said she'd get back to me in Nov (2 months post-interview) because she had to look into the visas and things; never did.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Medtronic?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

At the group interview, pairs of engineers come in to ask and detail your previous engineering work and experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the annotations for CAD drawings.   1 Answer