Medtronic Engineering Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online, never heard for 3 mos, then 2 or 3 phone interviews. Went to CA for face to face and they seemed very confused and disorganized. The 6 people on the schedule kept changing through the day. Interviewers knew little about the job and the hiring manager was not even there that day. Why would they waste the time and money? It took a couple of months to get re-imbursed for expenses. The interview seemed to go well, and the HR person kept in touch for a week or two then stopped returning calls or e-mails. I never received any feedback as to whether I'm still being considered or not. I was excited about Medtronic, but this group seems to be run by amateurs.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Medtronic in July 2010.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an 1 on 1 interview. Very positive feedback and professional.

Interview Questions

• Which site would you choose?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Was asked general questions about past projects and my interest in biomedical engineering. Also asked about my experience in CAD, coding (MATLAB). Interview was obtained through a career fair at my school. Interviewer was a HR professional and was not involved in any of the engineering projects at Medtronic. Interview was very pleasant overall and felt like a casual conversation.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Tempe, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Online interview using software they told me to install. All questions were behavioural questions and they also asked questions about my resume. First interviewed with 2 senior engineers then a break and then an interview with the engineering manager. They asked questions about experiences that you might have had, why you want to work at Medtronic, etc.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in January 2009.

Interview

College fair was the introduction. Submitted resume and received phone interview. After phone interview was asked to interview w/4 individuals. After this, called back to give a presentation and went thru a panel review. Received offer 1 month after phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals 5 years from now?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for MDT?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with a engineering manager about New College Graduate position. The interviewer was technical by nature but the interview consisted of nothing but personality and psychological questions. One thing did stick out, the interviewer stated that Med tonic is not in the business of cutting edge technology, they're into doing with existing tech to the point of no errors.

Interview Questions

• What is your problem solving process as an engineering?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Medtronic in March 2010.

Interview

The interview was ok but I was interviewed with another perspective employee and that was kind of awkward. I do not like that they don't tell you that you do not have the job but rather that if they do not contact you, you do not need to contact them and assume that you were not selected.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

At the group interview, pairs of engineers come in to ask and detail your previous engineering work and experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the annotations for CAD drawings.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Medtronic in October 2014.

Interview

I talked with recruiters at job fair and got an onsite interview for a position at the Northridge site. Interview was with an engineer at the company and mostly about information on my resume and why I was interested in Medtronic. I would make sure to know the company and their mission statement.

Engineering Interview

Application

interviewed at Medtronic in November 2014.

Interview

Met at a job fair and had a 30 minute behavioral interview. Normal questions like when were you in a situation when you had to work with difficult people and how did you resolve the problem? There were a lot of behavioral type questions so make sure you have a situations at hand that can be used to answer such questions. The next step was an interview from the specific location that is accepting intern and co-op positions. I got the e-mail about two months after the first behavioral interview.