Medtronic Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2015

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

I was offered an interview, but didn't receive an offer. The interview was straightforward, all behavioral questions and questions about my resume. They wanted to see what I knew about the company. They also wanted to hear what was my favorite and least favorite class and why. Overall seemed like a relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Gainesville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at spring career fair. I handed over my resume and asked about intern openings. The recuiter contacted me after a month about on campus interview. Interview was with senior engineer and it was good. Questions were of HR type.

Interview Questions

• Tell about the challenges you faced in doing a project and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in February 2015.

Interview

I was selected for an interview after a career fair at my university. The interview was scheduled for 30 minutes. He didn't ask too many tough questions, but he applied every question to the one experience I started off talking about and he never went outside of that experience, which I did not expect and wish that he had.

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest challenge when doing that? Why Medtronic? What skills could you bring?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

First round was a phone screening with a guy I met at a university career fair. He asked me about some of the classes I was taking, and he asked me specific questions about statistics since I was in a statistics class. Then he asked me for a second round interview and a site tour. It was a 4-5 hour process. I met my interviewer for lunch, then he gave me a tour of the company, and that was followed by an interview with the manager and then a panel interview with the engineering team I would be working with. There were a lot of in-depth, technical questions about what I had done at my previous internship. It was a fairly difficult interview, and it was exhausting by the end of the day, but overall it seemed like they were pleased.

Interview Questions

• They showed me one of their diabetes devices and asked me to think of several things or reasons that could cause it to fail (thinking like an engineer).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Medtronic (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I met the recruiter on campus and applied online for the position. He was a senior engineer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Medtronic in February 2013.

Interview

I met a Medtronic recruiter, an alumni, at my university career fair. I gave him my resume. He called me later that day to set up an on-campus interview for the next morning. It was a very standard interview. We ran through my resume and discussed my background. I was asked one behavioral question about my leadership experience. He asked if I had any questions. No real stumpers. The whole interview was rather light. He expressed a genuine interest in helping students from his alma mater. He told me I would hear back in 2-3 weeks. Had several other friends interview with Medtronic. No one heard back for about 2 months.

Medtronic Response

Feb 20, 2014 – Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the insights and feedback on interviewing with Medtronic.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic (Tempe, AZ) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email from the hiring manager to schedule a phone interview. Interview was basic screening and went through my projects and previous internships mentioned in my resume.

Interview Questions

• The first round was a basic HR round and didn't include technical questions. Just basic stuff like why Medtronic? What is your main interest ? etc..   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at Medtronic in February 2012.

Interview

Just applied online through the job bulletin website on my school. A week later I received an email to schedule an interview. During the interview, the guy reviewed my resume and asked pretty general interview questions. No technical or specific knowledge questions

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a situation where you went beyond the call of duty and tell me about an occasion when you had to work in a group to achieve something   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

They called me soon after reviewing my resume. I did a brief interview over the phone. Then 1 week later I was invited to a second round interview on their facilities. The final interview lasted around 20 minutes . 1st one with HR recruiter, 2nd & final one with Engineering Managers.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in March 2012.

Interview

Mainly behavior questions. The interviewer was a senior scientist... "what's your innovation during work?"