Medtronic

Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2015
Updated Jan 30, 2015

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

I applied online for this position and received an eScreen document from HR filled with behavioral questions that I needed to send back in two days. Hadn't heard back in 2 weeks, so tried connecting with a manager via LinkedIn. It worked. Manager reviewed resume and set up video conference interview for the next day. Interview was interactive and I was asked about projects and certifications. Cleared that and was set up for an on-site interview the next week. Had one-on-one interviews from 9-2pm with managers and team members. I was informed the next day that about an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What's the one thing you would like to change about yourself   Answer Question
    Competitive salary with great benefits, so did not negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Phone interview with basic personality and fit questions. Was invited to come in for an in person interview. Interviewed with three people and they basically took turns asking basic technical questions. They asked questions about p&ls and cash flow statements. There were really no personality or "normal" interview type questions besides the original "walk me through your resume" question.

Interview Questions
    • Name all of the lines you would expect to see in a p&l.   Answer Question

salary was too low

Clinical Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

Over the course of 6 months I had at least 12 interviews with various teams, and met pretty much everyone in the Medtronic CRDM division in their region. All employers/employees I met with were extremely courteous and professional. Questions weren't hard, and the process seemed to be more them judging if I'd be a good fit within each team. I enjoyed each interview I had.

However, what happened outside of the interviews was where things got annoying and confusing. After interviewing, I'd be told by the hiring managers (there were several I dealt with during this time) for over a month per interview, continuously, that they were still interviewing, or that there was a hiring freeze, or some other modification of this response. Throughout this time, they still openly said they were interested in me as a candidate, and that I should keep in contact. They were working through things on their end, and I needed to be patient. Ultimately, each and every time I interviewed, after over a month or two per position I interviewed for, I was denied for the position, but encouraged and asked to interview for another open position they had. I often wondered if there even was an open position actually available, or if this was some kind of practical joke.

The last interview I had, there were apparently some misinterpreted aspects of my resume by the team I was interviewing with, that could have been easily clarified (conflict of interest with another position I had at that time, which was not the case at all), but was not given the chance. The hiring manager called me and told me this was the case, and proceeded to give me 'feedback' about the team interview, which included letting me know that I was seen as potentially not devoted to the position (after interviewing for 6 months and traveling over 1000 miles during that time, not re-imbursed for any of it, while also learning the ins and outs of their catalog and surgical procedures).

Let me reiterate, I thought everyone I interviewed with was extremely personable, professional, and most likely very knowledgeable in their trade. However, the complete and utter folly of their absurdly long, redundant, and disorganized interview process, as well as the neglect I felt from the interviewers throughout the entire process, left an incredibly bitter taste in my mouth.

From what I've heard from other people who have interviewed for similar positions in different/the same area, this experience is commonplace for the Medtronic family. While the company itself is great and the compensation offered is higher than average in the industry, I would be extremely hesitant to recommend anyone to go through their interview process. There are similar companies that do not engage in this type of interviewing strategy, and offer similar compensation and quality products and support.

Interview Questions
    • None. Questions were always very straightforward and non-technical.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Well-run interview process. Panel interview. Focussed on team-leading procedures. Asked "self-review" questions to highlight one's problem-solving methodologies. I spent about 4 hours on-location at the plant. This included a tour, several interviews, and a meeting with Human resources.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you failed, and how it affected your operation. How did you overcome the obstacle?   Answer Question

Diabetes Therapy Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Pretty fast. Its overall a sales job. Sell yourself and know how to overcome an objection. Interviewers will ask why you should be hired over other people

FIRST WILL be an interview with recruiter
    then you get a phone call interview with a manager or supervisor
    last you have a face to face interview with two supervisors or manager and supervisor
    then you get a call form recruiter, congrats you got an offer now go pee in a cup

Interview Questions
    • everything was pretty simple: why should we hire you? Whats your greatest achievement? what do you look for in a company?   View Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

The recruiter came to my campus, and interviewed several students. The employer gave a nice overview of the company before asking me questions. The questions were mainly behavioral, but there were a few technical ones. It really felt like a conversation. Interview went well, but I have not heard back from the recruiters.

Executive Assistance Interview

great experience every one was very nice overall great time medtronic is a wondergul company cant wait to try to get something else adn I am just writing this in order to try to review the salaries in order to try to bid for a job. I think it is ridiculous that I have to go thru all this in order to get a job salary review

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

It will tiring process as there were back to back interviews and even lunch was rough and was inhouse while interviewing with 2 people. People were kind except for some tough personalities. Most interview was around plant/supplier quality. Was not easy to gauge whether an offer would be made.

Interview Questions
    • Heavily supplier based-Describe supplier quality process, how to check quality control of supplier, did any supplier audits, how to read drawings with tolerance focus, used any statistical tools, worked with precision machines and checking for FAI, non- conformances, welding inspections, DFMEA- which no out of severity, occurrence, detection can be lowered   Answer Question
    • Lots of situational question- conflict with boss, how to deal with tough people, how to handle tough discussion in team

Mostly looking for STAR method answers.

Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Medtronic.

Applied through career fair. The process was pretty quick.Technical Phone interview with hiring manager. Basic software questions:what is Polymorphism? experience with STL library. What is inheritances? what is your experience.revision control system? definition of virtual? Compare List with vector.

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

The worst interview process ever -
    I applied online in June 2014. Got my 1st response in July - a long interview questionnaire. Then they scheduled a call with the hiring manager (initial screen) in late July followed quickly by another phone interview with hiring manager's direct report. Never heard anything for a few weeks. Then it was second round of interviews in August with the same folks (over the phone). Then I was asked to take an online assessment (personality and skills). I was later told by the hiring manager that I was an almost perfect match to their ideal candidate. Then they decided to call me in for in-person interviews. They flew me in and I met with 7 mid level managers all day. They all seemed to like me and even said I should let them know if I decide to go with another company.
    A week later they scheduled 3 more phone interviews. By now I have completed 2 written assessments, interviewed 5 times over the phone and met with 7 people.

I had emailed them 2 times since the last interview asking for an update. No responses (5 weeks later). I wish the HR department had the courtesy to let a candidate know of their decision after dragging around an interview process that was over 90 days with multiple phone calls (mid day during work hours) and in person.

Difference between a good and great companies are based on not only how they treat their employees but also how they treat their vendors, customers and interview candidates.