Medtronic Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014
245 interviews

Product Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in August 2014.

HR was very professional. I had a phone screening with HR followed by interview by peer. Due to my tight decision making timeline I was invited for a full day interview starting 10 to 5:30. It was a long day. Met 7-8 people along with a panel presentation. They gave me a topic and wanted to put a few slides on how I would approach a problem. It was confusing because when I presented my approach they were looking for a solution more than my approach. This business case was presented to a group of people over one hour of lunch. Rest of the interview was pretty ok. Genral questions like walk me through your resume....

Start Right Representative Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Medtronic.

You are hired as a contractor first. It realistically takes between a year and a year and a half to be converted to full time. Initial interview is a phone interview, then you are brought in for an in person interview. It took about a week and a half from start to finish. However, this is because the department was being built up. It may take longer now.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. What's the last mistake you made? What is your communication style? How do you deal with conflict?   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Interview

Telephonic interviews rounds and then onsite rounds. Had 4 back to back telephonic interviews and 4 onsite interviews. the onsite were mostly about meeting the team and knowing more about the position.

Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Applied through the company website but was contacted by a recruiter. About a thirty minute phone interview with hiring manager. Then flew out for face-to-face with hiring manager and a few regulatory directors and managers. It took about a day and went to lunch with people on the team. Received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard and nothing stood out as unexpected.   Answer Question

Technical Supervisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in July 2014.

Applied via the Medtronic career section. It was about 2 weeks before I got a email from a recruiter. We scheduled a phone interview a few days later. The questions were behavioral type questions as well as questions regarding my past employment history, lasted about 45 min. The S.T.A.R method is a good thing to know and use during all interviews. After the initial phone interview with the recruiter, the following week had another phone interview with a senior manager, this interview was shorter, more to the point. Again behavioral questions answered using the star method.
    A week or so later I was invited to interview onsite. I was flown over to the facility, given a rental car and a hotel. I had 4 sets of interviews each lasting about 30-45 min each with 2 interviewers per interview. Many behavioral questions, delved much more into past employment history and outside activities. All in all a long day but they interviews were not too hard, just stick to the star method.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a situation between employee, what was the issue and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question
    Only negotiated a new start date due to travel, salary and benefits were good enough on their own.

Associate Packaging Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic.

Interviewers will go over your resume with you in a 30 to 45 minute one-on-one segment. After each segment the current interviewer will call in the next interviewer to talk to you. I was interviewed by several department heads, managers, and senior team members. Each interviewer will have a different Human Resource question that is mandatory for them to ask you.

Medical Assembly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn Center, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Center, MN

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Medtronic.

My interview was with the department manager and two others who I would be working with daily. They asked the usual questions. What I found unique was that I was allowed to ask as many questions as I liked, directly to those two people who would be my co-workers. Not sure if they were being truthful, but it was cool to be able to talk to them.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the interview well. But I do remember feeling like I had done a good job. I must have been well prepared.   Answer Question
    No, no negotiating.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Medtronic in November 2012.

Went in took a test and then stayed for an interview. After interviewed dropped a couple of people who worked there and then manager was impressed at the recommendations I was given. A few days later got the call.

n/a

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Juncos, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juncos, PR

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Medtronic in January 2010.

The hiring interview was rather brief but intense, straight technical questions which required accurate technical answers. It also helped to be referred by fellow professionals who had the respect of the owner's representative.

Interview Questions
    • How to follow the chain of command, how to make proper written communications   View Answer
    Owner had some flexibility in negotiating

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in November 2010.

3 interviews with different 3 managers. Moderate technical questions asked with a few personal ones. There was an emphasis on the technical questions. Be sure you are prepared to answer the technical questions or don't apply to such positions.

I did not negotiate.

Worked for Medtronic? Contribute to the Community!