Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

I had 6 separate interviews with Medtronic for the same department. I had applied to an Engineering Manager position and was called and had a phone interview for a Senior Engineering Manager position. After realizing I wasn't qualified for the senior level, I was contacted by another representative for a phone interview for the Engineering Manager position for which I applied. I was then invited on-site for a half-day interview. They liked me, but thought I'd be a better fit for an Operations Manager position that was also open in the same department. I was then contacted by another representative for another phone interview. I was then invited in twice, for two different on-site half day interviews.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Medtronic.

I was offered an interview, but didn't receive an offer. The interview was straightforward, all behavioral questions and questions about my resume. They wanted to see what I knew about the company. They also wanted to hear what was my favorite and least favorite class and why. Overall seemed like a relaxed interview.

Supply Management Team Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic.

First you interview with your recruiter and then an interview at Medtronic. If you dont pass the assessments you dont get to interview. Take several behavior assessment, interview with a manager and interview with division manager. Know star interview questions and be prepared to have questions for the interviewers. Also be prepared to know what products Medtronic has and how they work. You will be asked what you know about the position so make sure you know what your applying for and why.

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic.

The interview process was too formulaic. Interviewers had scripted questions and seemed overly focused on note-taking and answer-rating during the interview. I felt that this hindered the interviewers from actually getting to know me.

Health Economics and Outcomes Research HEOR Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medtronic in March 2015.

The response time between the application and phone interview was very short. They got back to me very quick for a phone interview with the Senior Manager of HEOR at Fridley, MN.

She told me if I was chosen, I would have to interview for a second round with a Manager from another department. She was very explicit about the timeline of when to expect a response, so that was good.

Interview Questions
    • In what scenario or situation were you forced to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question
    • What in your past experience have you needed to step up and take the lead?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in the past where you had to act as a mediator   Answer Question

Computer Engineering Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Medtronic.

Applied on campus-erecruiting
    Did an on-campus interview but received an email telling me to apply online again
    So I think that means I'm not selected from the behaviors in the interview
    During the interview, I mainly talked about my projects at school. Recruiter is an Engineer but she only asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with a situation where you have to work with people you don't like   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

Over the course of 6 months I had at least 12 interviews with various teams, and met pretty much everyone in the Medtronic CRDM division in their region. All employers/employees I met with were extremely courteous and professional. Questions weren't hard, and the process seemed to be more them judging if I'd be a good fit within each team. I enjoyed each interview I had.

However, what happened outside of the interviews was where things got annoying and confusing. After interviewing, I'd be told by the hiring managers (there were several I dealt with during this time) for over a month per interview, continuously, that they were still interviewing, or that there was a hiring freeze, or some other modification of this response. Throughout this time, they still openly said they were interested in me as a candidate, and that I should keep in contact. They were working through things on their end, and I needed to be patient. Ultimately, each and every time I interviewed, after over a month or two per position I interviewed for, I was denied for the position, but encouraged and asked to interview for another open position they had. I often wondered if there even was an open position actually available, or if this was some kind of practical joke.

The last interview I had, there were apparently some misinterpreted aspects of my resume by the team I was interviewing with, that could have been easily clarified (conflict of interest with another position I had at that time, which was not the case at all), but was not given the chance. The hiring manager called me and told me this was the case, and proceeded to give me 'feedback' about the team interview, which included letting me know that I was seen as potentially not devoted to the position (after interviewing for 6 months and traveling over 1000 miles during that time, not re-imbursed for any of it, while also learning the ins and outs of their catalog and surgical procedures).

Let me reiterate, I thought everyone I interviewed with was extremely personable, professional, and most likely very knowledgeable in their trade. However, the complete and utter folly of their absurdly long, redundant, and disorganized interview process, as well as the neglect I felt from the interviewers throughout the entire process, left an incredibly bitter taste in my mouth.

From what I've heard from other people who have interviewed for similar positions in different/the same area, this experience is commonplace for the Medtronic family. While the company itself is great and the compensation offered is higher than average in the industry, I would be extremely hesitant to recommend anyone to go through their interview process. There are similar companies that do not engage in this type of interviewing strategy, and offer similar compensation and quality products and support.

Interview Questions
    • None. Questions were always very straightforward and non-technical.   Answer Question

EngineeringCollege Recruit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in February 2015.

Pretty causal talk about what are some highlights are college. what have you enjoyed. Some behavioral questions. The interviewer is friendly and talks alot about their work and what they have enjoyed at Medtronic.

Interview Questions
    • When did you have to set a goal to achieve something?
      What ways have you worked in a group?
      What did you do for that group?
      Do you regret any decision?
      What Classes have you enjoyed/why?
      Why classes have you disliked?

Answer Question

QE Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in February 2015.

Department head and hiring manager interviewed me for QE position and and it was well planned out and orderly. I had to wait in the front lobby for 20 minutes past my scheduled time.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot questions as they relate to the resume   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in February 2015.

I was selected for an interview after a career fair at my university. The interview was scheduled for 30 minutes. He didn't ask too many tough questions, but he applied every question to the one experience I started off talking about and he never went outside of that experience, which I did not expect and wish that he had.

Interview Questions
    • What was the greatest challenge when doing that? Why Medtronic? What skills could you bring?   Answer Question