Medtronic

Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

Executive Assistance Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

great experience every one was very nice overall great time medtronic is a wondergul company cant wait to try to get something else adn I am just writing this in order to try to review the salaries in order to try to bid for a job. I think it is ridiculous that I have to go thru all this in order to get a job salary review

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

It will tiring process as there were back to back interviews and even lunch was rough and was inhouse while interviewing with 2 people. People were kind except for some tough personalities. Most interview was around plant/supplier quality. Was not easy to gauge whether an offer would be made.

Interview Questions
    • Heavily supplier based-Describe supplier quality process, how to check quality control of supplier, did any supplier audits, how to read drawings with tolerance focus, used any statistical tools, worked with precision machines and checking for FAI, non- conformances, welding inspections, DFMEA- which no out of severity, occurrence, detection can be lowered   Answer Question
    • Lots of situational question- conflict with boss, how to deal with tough people, how to handle tough discussion in team

Mostly looking for STAR method answers.

Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Medtronic.

Applied through career fair. The process was pretty quick.Technical Phone interview with hiring manager. Basic software questions:what is Polymorphism? experience with STL library. What is inheritances? what is your experience.revision control system? definition of virtual? Compare List with vector.

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

The worst interview process ever -
    I applied online in June 2014. Got my 1st response in July - a long interview questionnaire. Then they scheduled a call with the hiring manager (initial screen) in late July followed quickly by another phone interview with hiring manager's direct report. Never heard anything for a few weeks. Then it was second round of interviews in August with the same folks (over the phone). Then I was asked to take an online assessment (personality and skills). I was later told by the hiring manager that I was an almost perfect match to their ideal candidate. Then they decided to call me in for in-person interviews. They flew me in and I met with 7 mid level managers all day. They all seemed to like me and even said I should let them know if I decide to go with another company.
    A week later they scheduled 3 more phone interviews. By now I have completed 2 written assessments, interviewed 5 times over the phone and met with 7 people.

I had emailed them 2 times since the last interview asking for an update. No responses (5 weeks later). I wish the HR department had the courtesy to let a candidate know of their decision after dragging around an interview process that was over 90 days with multiple phone calls (mid day during work hours) and in person.

Difference between a good and great companies are based on not only how they treat their employees but also how they treat their vendors, customers and interview candidates.

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Had 30 minutes phone interview with the hiring manager and then was invited for an in person interview at Medtronic. Interview consisted of four, 30-minute 1:1 interviews with other engineers and co-workers focused on different aspects of the job (technical, working with others, problem solving). I then had another 30 minute interview with the hiring manager and we had long. The process was very straight forward and what I expected: pre-written questions from HR, they want you to answer in the traditional STAR format. Overall it was a really great experience and gave me a great idea of the people I would be working with and what my experience would be like.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me something technical that you are an expert of (a process, etc.)   Answer Question
    N

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

I had a phone interview and then I was scheduled for a 1:1 interview 2 weeks later. Was told that another 1:1 would occur if avanced and possibly with VP of division

Interview Questions
    • nothing stood out from the unordinary. typical interview questions   View Answer

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Met 6 managers, and then 6 more. Round robin canned questions.Some minimal follow up, but mainly high level managerial questions to feel you out. Everyone was very polite, looking to see how you respond to conflict with people you are managing.

MDR Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in November 2014.

Discovered position through staffing agency 3 weeks before week of interviews.

I was interviewed alongside 30-40 other candidates. The process was as follows:

> 30-minute introduction to the company and role.
    > 15-minute interview with 2 managers within the team.
    > 60-minute computer test using microsoft word and microsoft excel

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any truly difficult questions, just typical behavioral questions such as "Give an example of a time when you worked in a team and how you handled a disagreement or roadblock."   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

I had one phone interview and an on site. The process was long. On site interview was hard, met with a lot of people, a lot of technical questions. They like talking about polymer degradation issue in their applications, seem to doubt that I'm not ready to transition from the academia.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of general polymer questions (the position was in the materials group). Nothing too difficult but you have to be prepared.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Great communication and interview experience. Applied online with employee referral and got a call to set up an interview shortly after. Interview was short and sweet, I had a great conversation with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any particularly difficult technical questions   Answer Question
    No negotiation