Medtronic

Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Had 30 minutes phone interview with the hiring manager and then was invited for an in person interview at Medtronic. Interview consisted of four, 30-minute 1:1 interviews with other engineers and co-workers focused on different aspects of the job (technical, working with others, problem solving). I then had another 30 minute interview with the hiring manager and we had long. The process was very straight forward and what I expected: pre-written questions from HR, they want you to answer in the traditional STAR format. Overall it was a really great experience and gave me a great idea of the people I would be working with and what my experience would be like.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me something technical that you are an expert of (a process, etc.)   Answer Question
    N

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

I had a phone interview and then I was scheduled for a 1:1 interview 2 weeks later. Was told that another 1:1 would occur if avanced and possibly with VP of division

Interview Questions
    • nothing stood out from the unordinary. typical interview questions   View Answer

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Met 6 managers, and then 6 more. Round robin canned questions.Some minimal follow up, but mainly high level managerial questions to feel you out. Everyone was very polite, looking to see how you respond to conflict with people you are managing.

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

The worst interview process ever -
    I applied online in June 2014. Got my 1st response in July - a long interview questionnaire. Then they scheduled a call with the hiring manager (initial screen) in late July followed quickly by another phone interview with hiring manager's direct report. Never heard anything for a few weeks. Then it was second round of interviews in August with the same folks (over the phone). Then I was asked to take an online assessment (personality and skills). I was later told by the hiring manager that I was an almost perfect match to their ideal candidate. Then they decided to call me in for in-person interviews. They flew me in and I met with 7 mid level managers all day. They all seemed to like me and even said I should let them know if I decide to go with another company.
    A week later they scheduled 3 more phone interviews. By now I have completed 2 written assessments, interviewed 5 times over the phone and met with 7 people.

I had emailed them 2 times since the last interview asking for an update. No responses (5 weeks later). I wish the HR department had the courtesy to let a candidate know of their decision after dragging around an interview process that was over 90 days with multiple phone calls (mid day during work hours) and in person.

Difference between a good and great companies are based on not only how they treat their employees but also how they treat their vendors, customers and interview candidates.

R&D Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

I had one phone interview and an on site. The process was long. On site interview was hard, met with a lot of people, a lot of technical questions. They like talking about polymer degradation issue in their applications, seem to doubt that I'm not ready to transition from the academia.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of general polymer questions (the position was in the materials group). Nothing too difficult but you have to be prepared.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Great communication and interview experience. Applied online with employee referral and got a call to set up an interview shortly after. Interview was short and sweet, I had a great conversation with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any particularly difficult technical questions   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Contractor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Medtronic.

The second interview for a second position: I interviewed for the same position I had already very successfully done but in another department. Those I had worked for previously gave me rave recommendations. (I wish THAT department would rehire me!). I was told by the agent they wanted someone "yesterday" and would hire immediately. In all fairness, it seems that the opening I interviewed for just disappeared or never was. No other agent I work with ever saw it in the vendor WO portal. A very professional 20 or 30 something very cordially interviewed me watching the clock to keep me there the full hour; other than that, I thought the interview went well. Did not get the job, either because there was no job, or because I made a negative comment about a work tool, or because I am very obviously middle aged.

I had 2 interviews for temp positions both within six months of their not honoring a (at-will) "contract".
    The first one was a telephone interview, that I thought went well, but no offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about how (an internal) organizational tool works?   View Answer

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

i met a recruiter at an industry trade show and began talking with him about specific roles in the company where I might be a good fit. After a phone screen to talk about my background and what I was looking for, he presented some opportunities that he would like to submit my information for. I was selected for an in-person interview and had 3 different rounds with a group of 3 interviewers twice and then an interview with the hiring manager. They use the STAR method and asked specific questions related to the company mission.

Interview Questions
    • How do you communicate quality throughout your organization and answer using the STAR method.   Answer Question

Director of Training Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Medtronic.

Went through a pre-screening interview with HR and then an interview with a manager and then an executive. The first two parts were relatively normal and uneventful. However, the executive was a terrible experience and turned me off from the company.

Interview Questions
    • What personal projects do you have that would contribute to your work?   Answer Question

Interview with the executive was a terrible experience. She was scattered, unfocused and would not answer my questions. In addition, she was complaining about work she had to do on some unrelated project. That interview experience turned me off from Medtronic completely, especially since she is an executive that is supposed to lead.

Start Right Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Medtronic.

You are hired as a contractor first. It realistically takes between a year and a year and a half to be converted to full time. Initial interview is a phone interview, then you are brought in for an in person interview. It took about a week and a half from start to finish. However, this is because the department was being built up. It may take longer now.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. What's the last mistake you made? What is your communication style? How do you deal with conflict?   Answer Question