Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fridley, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fridley, MN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Medtronic in June 2009.

Behaviorial interview questions trying to sort out your weakness

Diabetes Therapy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in November 2010.

I felt rushed during the entire interview.

Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in February 2011.

I had the initial round on the phone and was asked to attend the 2nd round of interviews in person at Minneapolis. They paid for everything - had a nice hotel, pickup from hotel to Medtronic HQ at 710 Medtronic Parkway and dropoff to airport. The interviews were exhausting - five interviews, 45 mins each. Each interview was by a particular hiring manager in the non-marketing departments (e.g. Field action - they work on recalls, Pre-clinical trials etc). It seems that they just bundle all non-marketing or product departments into Operations. A couple interviews were about projects in program management. It was an odd bunch. Two managers did not specifically tell me about the projects that they were hiring for, which was unfair, I thought. One manager became really happy about my candidature for the program manager internship role, and sold me on his division and project for 10 mins, but did not end up giving me an offer, even after saying that lets say it all works out. Overall, the questions were centered about persuation stories. Also, they had a sheet of 50 questions, so it was OK to say that you had never faced a situation like this before. Overall, great experience. Medtronic is a great company, and I would have wanted to go there, but for some better projects, I guess. They interviewed 60 people for 16 positions, which was a little crazy I thought.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time when you had to do something which was not in line with your company's objectives   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you failed in your standard approach. What was your thought process, what did you do after that?   Answer Question

QC Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in December 2010.

It was a really nice facility of Medtronic. First person I interviewed with is the director of the quality assurance department. He asked few questions about my background and give me a list of 10 questions, such as experiment design. and following are two senior chemists, first one, she show me abound the lab and asked me lots of questions about instruments, such as HPLC, GC. Next one was testing theoretical knowledge about analytically chemistry. This is my first interview of my life and I did it really bad, In general it is not really hard but you have to be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Please design a experiment test for a drug deliver device.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Medtronic in July 2010.

Applied online, got a phone call to go interview. I spent about 4 hours ( a whole morning) interviewing with all the area directors and about 5 team members. Two weeks later I got a call from the recruiter to discuss salary expectations. A week after I received an offer. I accepted and went through background check and drug screening test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in your current role when you saw someone doing something that you knew was wrong. What did you do?   Answer Question
    Offer was within what I expected. No need to negotiate.

Sales Education Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Medtronic in September 2012.

After initially meeting at a career conference and doing two interviews at that location, I was contacted several times via phone and e-mail in order to continue the interview process. I was eventually invited to Memphis as a finalist for the position. There were 8 candidates total during the final round.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected part was the fact that there were two separate 45 minute interviews that consisted of "3 on 2" meaning 3 interviewers and 2 candidates   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Medtronic in August 2012.

I got a email for request for a telephonic interview the next day of the email. I accepted and gave the interview with the Director. I got a call after two weeks from the recruiter saying that I have been selected for a on site interview and then asked question about my eligibility. Then I was said that they would go ahead and schedule my interview but a day later I get a email stating that they have moved ahead with other candidates. One wouldn't even understand the reason for rejection before scheduling the on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • They did ask very difficult questions and also detailed question of the experience.   View Answer

Network Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Medtronic in September 2012.

Long, 3 hour interview process - three seperate 1:1 interviews. About half techincal questions on research experience, half behaivorial based interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • If we were to hire you, what training will you require?   Answer Question

Graduate Tech Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Medtronic in February 2012.

Initial Phone screening and then onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Given a map of gates and flip flops and find the inputs that will pass and those which fail   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in April 2011.

Hiring process was straight forward. it started with initial phone interview with HR. It followed by an interview with hiring manager. within week, personal interview with entire team was scheduled.
    WIthin week of interview, reference check started and formal offer was made upon reference/ background check.

Worked for Medtronic? Contribute to the Community!