Medtronic Interview Questions & Reviews

245 interviews

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fridley, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Fridley, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Medtronic in June 2009.

Behaviorial interview questions trying to sort out your weakness

QC Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in December 2010.

It was a really nice facility of Medtronic. First person I interviewed with is the director of the quality assurance department. He asked few questions about my background and give me a list of 10 questions, such as experiment design. and following are two senior chemists, first one, she show me abound the lab and asked me lots of questions about instruments, such as HPLC, GC. Next one was testing theoretical knowledge about analytically chemistry. This is my first interview of my life and I did it really bad, In general it is not really hard but you have to be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Please design a experiment test for a drug deliver device.   Answer Question

Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in February 2011.

I had the initial round on the phone and was asked to attend the 2nd round of interviews in person at Minneapolis. They paid for everything - had a nice hotel, pickup from hotel to Medtronic HQ at 710 Medtronic Parkway and dropoff to airport. The interviews were exhausting - five interviews, 45 mins each. Each interview was by a particular hiring manager in the non-marketing departments (e.g. Field action - they work on recalls, Pre-clinical trials etc). It seems that they just bundle all non-marketing or product departments into Operations. A couple interviews were about projects in program management. It was an odd bunch. Two managers did not specifically tell me about the projects that they were hiring for, which was unfair, I thought. One manager became really happy about my candidature for the program manager internship role, and sold me on his division and project for 10 mins, but did not end up giving me an offer, even after saying that lets say it all works out. Overall, the questions were centered about persuation stories. Also, they had a sheet of 50 questions, so it was OK to say that you had never faced a situation like this before. Overall, great experience. Medtronic is a great company, and I would have wanted to go there, but for some better projects, I guess. They interviewed 60 people for 16 positions, which was a little crazy I thought.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time when you had to do something which was not in line with your company's objectives   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you failed in your standard approach. What was your thought process, what did you do after that?   Answer Question

Diabetes Therapy Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in November 2010.

I felt rushed during the entire interview.

Accounting Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in March 2010.

Strange questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Strange questions concerning details of personal life.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in March 2010.

Got a call from HR to set up a 30 minute interview. Got called a few days later by an engineer for the interview. The first half of the interview was behavioral -- standard stuff, asked questions about how I would respond to certain situations, etc. The second 15 minutes of the interview was technical. Asked some easy and difficult questions. Topics included how to CAD certain parts, fluid mechanics, materials science, and a machine shop question.

Interview Questions
    • You are in a boat in a pool with a rock in your hand. You throw the rock into the pool. Does the water level rise, drop, or stay the same?   View Answers (4)

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in March 2009.

They were recruiting at my university. . The interviewer asked what was the most innovative thing that I'd have ever done so far in my career. The interviewer then asked what kind of skill set I could bring from another company to advance their company. I didn't make it to round 2.

Sales Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in May 2011.

Spoke to the hiring manager, sales manager, very professional and well worded. Did my appropriate research, and everything went well.

Marketing Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in October 2009.

It was an intense interview. Interviewed with 5 people in 1 afternoon.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in March 2010.

got a call from recruiter and through the phone interview, got a on site interviews, pass the backgroud check and got an offer letter. accepted it.

Interview Questions

Worked for Medtronic? Contribute to the Community!