Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

Release Product Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in March 2014.

HR call, followed by Talent Acquisition call, followed by final interview call which included 4 people in the interview. 2 of them were at manager level and the other two were data analysts.

Interview Questions
    • Satistical modeling questions like steps followed in data mining, what kind of data preparation activities I had done in past, cross questions on my answers, z-score related questions, etc.   Answer Question

Chemistry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in February 2014.

Basic questions about experience in the job related areas; questions related to ability of working with others, giving presentations, etc. Questions about what your professional plans are five years from now, what you are looking for in a particular opportunity, what project(s) you desire to work on. They might ask about why you are interested to work in the biomedical industry if your background suggests that you have worked in other industries--much emphasis is placed on the company's mission to help people, so they ask about your personal interests and motivation.

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in February 2015.

Primary HR interview by phone went well. Secondary phone interview with Quality Management was a bit harsh and nailed me with skills I didn't have much like a military drill instructor. I couldn't hear the interviewer due to talking in the background and speaker phone. Would have been better for p2p interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in February 2015.

I was selected for an interview after a career fair at my university. The interview was scheduled for 30 minutes. He didn't ask too many tough questions, but he applied every question to the one experience I started off talking about and he never went outside of that experience, which I did not expect and wish that he had.

Interview Questions
    • What was the greatest challenge when doing that? Why Medtronic? What skills could you bring?   Answer Question

R&D Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Medtronic.

Basic 30 minute interview. mainly focused on my previous experience. project i had completed and my educational background. i was then shown one of the medical devices produced by the company and asked how i thought certain components might be made.

Health Economics and Outcomes Research HEOR Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medtronic in March 2015.

The response time between the application and phone interview was very short. They got back to me very quick for a phone interview with the Senior Manager of HEOR at Fridley, MN.

She told me if I was chosen, I would have to interview for a second round with a Manager from another department. She was very explicit about the timeline of when to expect a response, so that was good.

Interview Questions
    • In what scenario or situation were you forced to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question
    • What in your past experience have you needed to step up and take the lead?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in the past where you had to act as a mediator   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

I had 6 separate interviews with Medtronic for the same department. I had applied to an Engineering Manager position and was called and had a phone interview for a Senior Engineering Manager position. After realizing I wasn't qualified for the senior level, I was contacted by another representative for a phone interview for the Engineering Manager position for which I applied. I was then invited on-site for a half-day interview. They liked me, but thought I'd be a better fit for an Operations Manager position that was also open in the same department. I was then contacted by another representative for another phone interview. I was then invited in twice, for two different on-site half day interviews.

QE Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in February 2015.

Department head and hiring manager interviewed me for QE position and and it was well planned out and orderly. I had to wait in the front lobby for 20 minutes past my scheduled time.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot questions as they relate to the resume   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Medtronic.

I was offered an interview, but didn't receive an offer. The interview was straightforward, all behavioral questions and questions about my resume. They wanted to see what I knew about the company. They also wanted to hear what was my favorite and least favorite class and why. Overall seemed like a relaxed interview.

Supply Management Team Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic.

First you interview with your recruiter and then an interview at Medtronic. If you dont pass the assessments you dont get to interview. Take several behavior assessment, interview with a manager and interview with division manager. Know star interview questions and be prepared to have questions for the interviewers. Also be prepared to know what products Medtronic has and how they work. You will be asked what you know about the position so make sure you know what your applying for and why.