Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

Associate EHS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Villalba, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Villalba, PR) in February 2015.

Interview

For my experience it was a long interview process. Four interviews completed the process, one of them was a panel interview. No communication for the interview results were provided. I kept following up the position and they informed me that the position was hold.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to work for Medtronic?   1 Answer

Tell Me About You? Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Questions about yourself, your background and your success with HR Questions about working in team and solutions solving with management Questions about explaining how you would encounter a phenomenon in the lab?

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2011.

Interview

pretty much just standard interview processes. not much different than others. you get phone interview to go over some basic questions, and then a week or two later you get invited to onsite interview with 3/4 people from different teams. then another week later you get called from manager for the decision.

Interview Questions

• some standard tech questions and software development cycle questions   Answer Question

R&D Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mounds View, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mounds View, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Started the day at 9am with the candidate (me) doing a presentation about a research topic. The presentation was about 40 minutes long with 20 minutes for questions. Then from 10am-3pm I interviewed with a different manager each hour about my education, experiences, qualifications, etc. There were questions focusing on how I worked in teams, how I approached problem solving, and my previous research experience.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time you've faced a challenge/conflict at work"   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

It started with a word document form, then moved on to a phone interview, then the in-person interview was scheduled to take five hours. I went over on the five hours because I was having a good conversation with my now manager. They have interview question templates to ensure all candidates are treated equally during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is hysteresis, or, please explain how you would encounter the phenomenon in the lab?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Santa Rosa, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Online interview with employee referral. Initial HR phone screen, then phone interview with hiring manager. In person interview that lasted 4+ hours, including lunch with large cross functional team where they asked me to present my "general thoughts". I felt like they were asking for a solution to their problems and that there weren't interested in how I thought or my process for thinking. It sounds like others had the same things happen.

Interview Questions

• What would you do? Please tell us how you would approach declining prices.   Answer Question

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia Heights, Anoka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Columbia Heights, Anoka, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online. Had a 30 minute telephone interview. Then, had in person interview. Started at 9 AM, took an hour working lunch, and went until 2 PM. Met with 4 people; 1 peer, 2 managers, and HR.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Customer/Patient Retention Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

HR called for a telephone interview after I applied online and stated a follow-up telephone call would be the end of the week, Friday, to schedule an onsite interview. I didn't receive a follow-up call until 1.5 weeks later. HR apologized for not calling earlier and the onsite interview was scheduled the following day, with two Directors. During my call, I asked HR if I could receive the names of the two Directors I'd be interviewing with, where I should meet HR and parking instructions. HR advised that an e-mail would be sent to me with that information, later that same day. I didn't receive an e-mail that day or the following morning and I didn't have HR's telephone number to call (random 800 telephone number was used to contact me). I arrived early and drove around searching for a parking space for approximately 15-minutes and even drove through the parking ramp twice, without finding any open parking spaces for visitors. A very nice and helpful security guard provided a parking space that didn't have a reservation sign or wasn't currently being used, since there were no empty visitor parking spaces available around the building and I thanked this security guard. HR met me at the security desk and searched for a room that was supposed to be available and unfortunately it was being used, so HR advised me to sit at an empty desk while an empty office was found. The first Director I met seemed rushed, probably because of the time used finding a room for our interview and that fact I was supposed to meet with the second Director immediately following this interview, at the top of the hour. No one provided their business card. Unfortunately, I was unable to send thank you e-mails or mail any handwritten thank you notes to HR and the two directors, because I didn't have their full names/titles or e-mail addresses. I checked LinkedIn and also called the HR telephone number I had on my iPhone, from the HR person who called me for my telephone interview, and I was transferred multiple times to an HR line asking me to enter my PIN. It appeared I was transferred to an internal HR line, so I never was able to connect to anyone and ask for the names of the HR person or Directors who I interviewed with, at Medtronic.

Interview Questions

• Questions were asked regarding my resume and I was asked why I was interested in working at Medtronic. I was also asked behavioral type questions, dealing with employee issues.   1 Answer
    • Q: What is the difference to Inspire employees or to Motivate employees?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

-15 minute phone interview with HR: wanted to make sure is a fit for company, asked about why want to be a part of Medtronic team, asked how know that there was a job opening, very helpful and nice -15 minute phone interview with hiring manager: asked to explain in detail about previous experiences, asked about instances where worked together with a team, asked about instance where overcame hardship or failure, asked about weakness/strength -15 minute follow up with HR: was later to reveal that would get the offer, asked about need for traveling reimbursement/to be a part of intern housing, emailed offer as soon as conversation was over

Interview Questions

• -Resume -Details about previous internships -About ability to work within a team (see above)   Answer Question

Microwave Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Boulder, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager for the interview. after talking to HR whic was mandatory step, I was called on sight by the HR and then I had a panel of people, anothe rmicrowave engineer , hiring manager and team leader. i was asked mostly on the resume. they were nice and asked very logical questions on my rsume

Interview Questions

• how would you split microwave power?   1 Answer