Medtronic

Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

i met a recruiter at an industry trade show and began talking with him about specific roles in the company where I might be a good fit. After a phone screen to talk about my background and what I was looking for, he presented some opportunities that he would like to submit my information for. I was selected for an in-person interview and had 3 different rounds with a group of 3 interviewers twice and then an interview with the hiring manager. They use the STAR method and asked specific questions related to the company mission.

Interview Questions
    • How do you communicate quality throughout your organization and answer using the STAR method.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Medtronic in October 2014.

I talked with recruiters at job fair and got an onsite interview for a position at the Northridge site. Interview was with an engineer at the company and mostly about information on my resume and why I was interested in Medtronic. I would make sure to know the company and their mission statement.

Director of Training Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Medtronic.

Went through a pre-screening interview with HR and then an interview with a manager and then an executive. The first two parts were relatively normal and uneventful. However, the executive was a terrible experience and turned me off from the company.

Interview Questions
    • What personal projects do you have that would contribute to your work?   Answer Question

Interview with the executive was a terrible experience. She was scattered, unfocused and would not answer my questions. In addition, she was complaining about work she had to do on some unrelated project. That interview experience turned me off from Medtronic completely, especially since she is an executive that is supposed to lead.

Start Right Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Medtronic.

You are hired as a contractor first. It realistically takes between a year and a year and a half to be converted to full time. Initial interview is a phone interview, then you are brought in for an in person interview. It took about a week and a half from start to finish. However, this is because the department was being built up. It may take longer now.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions. What's the last mistake you made? What is your communication style? How do you deal with conflict?   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Interview

Telephonic interviews rounds and then onsite rounds. Had 4 back to back telephonic interviews and 4 onsite interviews. the onsite were mostly about meeting the team and knowing more about the position.

Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Applied through the company website but was contacted by a recruiter. About a thirty minute phone interview with hiring manager. Then flew out for face-to-face with hiring manager and a few regulatory directors and managers. It took about a day and went to lunch with people on the team. Received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard and nothing stood out as unexpected.   Answer Question

Diagnostics Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medtronic in August 2014.

A recruiter from Medtronic called me and said my qualifications were great and wanted to set up an immediate interview the following week. Without any further information, I accepted.... afterall, I thought, this is MEDTRONIC. The hiring manager and recruiter both knew that I lived about 3 hours from the interview location. I showed up, went through the ENTIRE interview, only to find out at the end of the interview that this position was for a 30k base, 75k at plan. Please note, my resume clearly states my qualifications to FAR exceed this type of position. In fact, I have not been recruited for any position, for less than a 100k base, 200k at plan position in years. Upon the onset of the interview, I advised the hiring manager of my income expectations. At this point, any ethical (or common sense) manager would have informed me that I was over qualified. Instead, he tried to "sell" me on the product and how "real" sales reps are the ones that accept low bases and "work hard" for high paying commissions. No matter how you slice it, 75k is entry level. A 30k base, is for kids out of college! I wasted 6 hours of my life that I will never get back. This has, however, taught me a valuable lesson..... Dear Medtronic, you are completely delusional if you truly believe that "real" sales people are those that live on 30k base, and scrounge for commissions. The fact that you clearly hide the income expectations from the start, shows how unethical and cowardly you are. CAR SALESMAN make this type of income. I write this review.... as I feel it is my duty to warn all those who are naive about Medtronic as I once was. Run away! Any medical company that would pay a 30k base to a medical sales rep is one that does not respect their team. Once I was advised of the earning potential, I quickly ended the interview so that I could make the 3 hour trek home. Thanks Medtronic!

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your employment history   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in August 2014.

HR was very professional. I had a phone screening with HR followed by interview by peer. Due to my tight decision making timeline I was invited for a full day interview starting 10 to 5:30. It was a long day. Met 7-8 people along with a panel presentation. They gave me a topic and wanted to put a few slides on how I would approach a problem. It was confusing because when I presented my approach they were looking for a solution more than my approach. This business case was presented to a group of people over one hour of lunch. Rest of the interview was pretty ok. Genral questions like walk me through your resume....

Associate Packaging Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interviewers will go over your resume with you in a 30 to 45 minute one-on-one segment. After each segment the current interviewer will call in the next interviewer to talk to you. I was interviewed by several department heads, managers, and senior team members. Each interviewer will have a different Human Resource question that is mandatory for them to ask you.

Medical Assembly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Center, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Center, MN

I applied in-person – interviewed at Medtronic.

My interview was with the department manager and two others who I would be working with daily. They asked the usual questions. What I found unique was that I was allowed to ask as many questions as I liked, directly to those two people who would be my co-workers. Not sure if they were being truthful, but it was cool to be able to talk to them.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the interview well. But I do remember feeling like I had done a good job. I must have been well prepared.   Answer Question
    No, no negotiating.