Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Applied on campus-erecruiting
    Did an on-campus interview but received an email telling me to apply online again
    So I think that means I'm not selected from the behaviors in the interview
    During the interview, I mainly talked about my projects at school. Recruiter is an Engineer but she only asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with a situation where you have to work with people you don't like   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Over the course of 6 months I had at least 12 interviews with various teams, and met pretty much everyone in the Medtronic CRDM division in their region. All employers/employees I met with were extremely courteous and professional. Questions weren't hard, and the process seemed to be more them judging if I'd be a good fit within each team. I enjoyed each interview I had.

However, what happened outside of the interviews was where things got annoying and confusing. After interviewing, I'd be told by the hiring managers (there were several I dealt with during this time) for over a month per interview, continuously, that they were still interviewing, or that there was a hiring freeze, or some other modification of this response. Throughout this time, they still openly said they were interested in me as a candidate, and that I should keep in contact. They were working through things on their end, and I needed to be patient. Ultimately, each and every time I interviewed, after over a month or two per position I interviewed for, I was denied for the position, but encouraged and asked to interview for another open position they had. I often wondered if there even was an open position actually available, or if this was some kind of practical joke.

The last interview I had, there were apparently some misinterpreted aspects of my resume by the team I was interviewing with, that could have been easily clarified (conflict of interest with another position I had at that time, which was not the case at all), but was not given the chance. The hiring manager called me and told me this was the case, and proceeded to give me 'feedback' about the team interview, which included letting me know that I was seen as potentially not devoted to the position (after interviewing for 6 months and traveling over 1000 miles during that time, not re-imbursed for any of it, while also learning the ins and outs of their catalog and surgical procedures).

Let me reiterate, I thought everyone I interviewed with was extremely personable, professional, and most likely very knowledgeable in their trade. However, the complete and utter folly of their absurdly long, redundant, and disorganized interview process, as well as the neglect I felt from the interviewers throughout the entire process, left an incredibly bitter taste in my mouth.

From what I've heard from other people who have interviewed for similar positions in different/the same area, this experience is commonplace for the Medtronic family. While the company itself is great and the compensation offered is higher than average in the industry, I would be extremely hesitant to recommend anyone to go through their interview process. There are similar companies that do not engage in this type of interviewing strategy, and offer similar compensation and quality products and support.

Interview Questions

• None. Questions were always very straightforward and non-technical.   Answer Question

EngineeringCollege Recruit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty causal talk about what are some highlights are college. what have you enjoyed. Some behavioral questions. The interviewer is friendly and talks alot about their work and what they have enjoyed at Medtronic.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to set a goal to achieve something?
      What ways have you worked in a group?
      What did you do for that group?
      Do you regret any decision?
      What Classes have you enjoyed/why?
      Why classes have you disliked?

Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in February 2015.

Interview

applied through campus recruiting, then got an on-campus interview with basic questions going through resume. made it past this round but next round was matching with specific projects and I never got called back

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this previous work experience (listed on resume)   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Sent resume to MDT via linked in. HR phone screen was a good experience, good communication. The interview was poorly structured. But afterward there was NO communication from Medtronic. They should have the professionalism and courtesy to say no thank you. Others are able to. That left a very bad feeling that it's all about them, not us.

QE Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Department head and hiring manager interviewed me for QE position and and it was well planned out and orderly. I had to wait in the front lobby for 20 minutes past my scheduled time.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot questions as they relate to the resume   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in February 2015.

Interview

I was selected for an interview after a career fair at my university. The interview was scheduled for 30 minutes. He didn't ask too many tough questions, but he applied every question to the one experience I started off talking about and he never went outside of that experience, which I did not expect and wish that he had.

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest challenge when doing that? Why Medtronic? What skills could you bring?   Answer Question

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Primary HR interview by phone went well. Secondary phone interview with Quality Management was a bit harsh and nailed me with skills I didn't have much like a military drill instructor. I couldn't hear the interviewer due to talking in the background and speaker phone. Would have been better for p2p interview.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

I applied online for this position and received an eScreen document from HR filled with behavioral questions that I needed to send back in two days. Hadn't heard back in 2 weeks, so tried connecting with a manager via LinkedIn. It worked. Manager reviewed resume and set up video conference interview for the next day. Interview was interactive and I was asked about projects and certifications. Cleared that and was set up for an on-site interview the next week. Had one-on-one interviews from 9-2pm with managers and team members. I was informed the next day that about an offer.

Interview Questions

• What's the one thing you would like to change about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation

Competitive salary with great benefits, so did not negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Phone interview with basic personality and fit questions. Was invited to come in for an in person interview. Interviewed with three people and they basically took turns asking basic technical questions. They asked questions about p&ls and cash flow statements. There were really no personality or "normal" interview type questions besides the original "walk me through your resume" question.

Interview Questions

• Name all of the lines you would expect to see in a p&l.   Answer Question

salary was too low