Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Juncos, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juncos, PR

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Medtronic in January 2010.

The hiring interview was rather brief but intense, straight technical questions which required accurate technical answers. It also helped to be referred by fellow professionals who had the respect of the owner's representative.

Interview Questions
    • How to follow the chain of command, how to make proper written communications   View Answer
    Owner had some flexibility in negotiating

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in November 2010.

3 interviews with different 3 managers. Moderate technical questions asked with a few personal ones. There was an emphasis on the technical questions. Be sure you are prepared to answer the technical questions or don't apply to such positions.

I did not negotiate.

Biochemistry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in March 2013.

Straightforward process - talked with three people for ~30 minutes each. Each interviewer went through my resume and asked about future plans. Overall, all three interviewers were friendly and seemed enthusiastic about their work. I didn't get a chance to see much of the facilities. One interviewer asked for a referral after about two weeks, and then I never heard anything else from them.

Wafer Level Packaging Interview

First Phone screening, Next On site Technical Interview. I was interviewed by Vanessa for the position at CVDG of Medtronic. I never got a call back after the phone screening. I had to call them up few times to know my progress.

Interview Questions
    • What was your role in a college team project? How did you execute it?   Answer Question

DTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Medtronic in September 2013.

Hired through staffing agency (Aerotek) with the upfront knowledge of being a contracted employee for one year. A couple of phone interviews are held with an Aerotek recruiter. If accepted, then you have an in person interview at Medtronic with Medtronic district supervisor/s. If you meet the district supervisor/s approval, you are then phone interviewed by a Medtronic regional manager. If you are hired/not, the Aerotek recruiter will contact you. If hired, you then get go through initial hiring paperwork with Aerotek. A training class date is given at end. Medtronic begins training you with Medtronic staff.

None

Principal Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Situation based interview, asked lots of examples on how you performed under various scenarios.
    Project Management experience and ability to work with cross functional team
    Experience with clinical strategy is useful.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic.

had a phone interview initially asked about my graduation date basically my availability as well as my background. then set up an onsite interview after a few days.
    The onsite interview started with a tour in the morning, and then several rounds of personal interviews. A lot of behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • difference between verification and validation, how to test a vending machine   Answer Question

Labview Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fridley, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fridley, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Medtronic.

I found the job posting on the Medtronic website and submitted an online job application with an employee referral. Within a week of submitting my application I received a call scheduling an onsite interview. Before my interview I also received an email with a survey for me to fill out. The survey had detailed questions about how my experience related to the job. My onsite interview was with 5 different individuals. Each interviewer had a worksheet of questions they asked and filled out as I responded. They also asked questions not on their worksheet. Overall the interview experience was quite pleasant. I was told I would hear back in a week and I did, but just that they were still interviewing other candidates. I kept following up and 2 months later I heard that they decided to go with someone else.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with coworkers who have opinion and ideas counter to your own?   Answer Question

Associate Configuration Assurance Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic.

The whole process took about a month from the time I applied online. I was contacted by a recruiter and then had a phone interview with the office manager the next day. I then had a face-to-face interview with 4 separate people two days later. Research STAR interviewing to learn how they interview. It went really well and was offered the position the next week.

I did not negotiate.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Medtronic.

I submitted my resume for a position and was contacted the next day by a recruiter. The recruiter didn't know all of the information about the position, and in fact gave me incorrect information.

A couple weeks later I did a phone interview with the hiring manager.

A couple weeks later I did an in person interview with 4 people, including the hiring manager. They use the STAR (situation, task, activity, result) approach to interviewing. They assign each interviewer a section to focus on like "leadership", and they ask you to "explain a time when...", then you need to give the action that you did, and describe the results. If you want to be sure you do well at this, make sure you google the STAR approach ahead of time to understand what they are looking for.

I was offered the position without any signing bonus, without any additional weeks of vacation (3 weeks to start).

Interview Questions

The position was a lateral move and the base pay was as much as I was making.