Medtronic

Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

Principal Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Situation based interview, asked lots of examples on how you performed under various scenarios.
    Project Management experience and ability to work with cross functional team
    Experience with clinical strategy is useful.

Labview Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fridley, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fridley, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

I found the job posting on the Medtronic website and submitted an online job application with an employee referral. Within a week of submitting my application I received a call scheduling an onsite interview. Before my interview I also received an email with a survey for me to fill out. The survey had detailed questions about how my experience related to the job. My onsite interview was with 5 different individuals. Each interviewer had a worksheet of questions they asked and filled out as I responded. They also asked questions not on their worksheet. Overall the interview experience was quite pleasant. I was told I would hear back in a week and I did, but just that they were still interviewing other candidates. I kept following up and 2 months later I heard that they decided to go with someone else.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with coworkers who have opinion and ideas counter to your own?   Answer Question

Associate Configuration Assurance Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

The whole process took about a month from the time I applied online. I was contacted by a recruiter and then had a phone interview with the office manager the next day. I then had a face-to-face interview with 4 separate people two days later. Research STAR interviewing to learn how they interview. It went really well and was offered the position the next week.

I did not negotiate.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Medtronic.

I submitted my resume for a position and was contacted the next day by a recruiter. The recruiter didn't know all of the information about the position, and in fact gave me incorrect information.

A couple weeks later I did a phone interview with the hiring manager.

A couple weeks later I did an in person interview with 4 people, including the hiring manager. They use the STAR (situation, task, activity, result) approach to interviewing. They assign each interviewer a section to focus on like "leadership", and they ask you to "explain a time when...", then you need to give the action that you did, and describe the results. If you want to be sure you do well at this, make sure you google the STAR approach ahead of time to understand what they are looking for.

I was offered the position without any signing bonus, without any additional weeks of vacation (3 weeks to start).

Interview Questions

The position was a lateral move and the base pay was as much as I was making.

Sales Representative Interview

Phone screen, then interview with District Manager, then final interview with DM and his manager. Follow up was pretty quick, found out in 3-4 days. Basic interview with behavioral type questions, not as many as I expected.

Interview Questions
    They backed off from original by a little using the "pay level" excuse but honored the sign on and guarantee

Senior Marketing Communication Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medtronic.

I had an initial phone interview with the HR Hiring Manager for screening purposes. Following phone interview, I had an in-person interview. Depending on the business unit, plan on meeting with several key individuals. My interview was about 6 hours long. I met with 5 individuals and had lunch with the prospective team I would support. Keep in mind, Medtronic is used to working with the top physicians in their respective fields and professionalism is key. Dress appropriately, bring samples of your work if you have them and don't be afraid to take a second to gather your thoughts before answering a question. If you are not local to the campus, be prepared for the option of a phone and/or live video interview(s) and know how to put your best self forward in this case.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I knew about Medtronic and flagship product for the BU at the time.   View Answer
    I was very happy with the offer I received and did not feel the need to negotiate.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview by Senior and Junior Engineers two at a time

Did ot negotiate a lot

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Initial phone interview followed by on-site interview in 3 weeks. Team was good, Panel interview with the team, to check on the thought process and troubleshooting skills.

Interview Questions
    The Pay is good and match the national standards. No negotiation was needed.

District Manager Interview

i had 1 interview with several people. the interview lasted 3 hours. the response came several weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle the transition from sales to manager   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

HR communicated in timely and friendly manner through the process

Medtronic Response

May 15, 2014Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the insights and feedback on interviewing with Medtronic!