Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

Interview

First Phone screening, Next On site Technical Interview. I was interviewed by Vanessa for the position at CVDG of Medtronic. I never got a call back after the phone screening. I had to call them up few times to know my progress.

Interview Questions

• What was your role in a college team project? How did you execute it?   Answer Question

Software EngineerraduateTech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic in June 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR manager followed by technical interview with scientist. Mostly based on prior experience and resume. Was pretty friendly and interviewed for 50 minutes. Mostly technical

Interview Questions

Negotiation

29 per hour

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

had a phone interview initially asked about my graduation date basically my availability as well as my background. then set up an onsite interview after a few days.
    The onsite interview started with a tour in the morning, and then several rounds of personal interviews. A lot of behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• difference between verification and validation, how to test a vending machine   Answer Question

Interview

Applied through the company website but was contacted by a recruiter. About a thirty minute phone interview with hiring manager. Then flew out for face-to-face with hiring manager and a few regulatory directors and managers. It took about a day and went to lunch with people on the team. Received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard and nothing stood out as unexpected.   Answer Question

Interview

Telephonic interviews rounds and then onsite rounds. Had 4 back to back telephonic interviews and 4 onsite interviews. the onsite were mostly about meeting the team and knowing more about the position.

Diagnostics Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medtronic (Oxnard, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

A recruiter from Medtronic called me and said my qualifications were great and wanted to set up an immediate interview the following week. Without any further information, I accepted.... afterall, I thought, this is MEDTRONIC. The hiring manager and recruiter both knew that I lived about 3 hours from the interview location. I showed up, went through the ENTIRE interview, only to find out at the end of the interview that this position was for a 30k base, 75k at plan. Please note, my resume clearly states my qualifications to FAR exceed this type of position. In fact, I have not been recruited for any position, for less than a 100k base, 200k at plan position in years. Upon the onset of the interview, I advised the hiring manager of my income expectations. At this point, any ethical (or common sense) manager would have informed me that I was over qualified. Instead, he tried to "sell" me on the product and how "real" sales reps are the ones that accept low bases and "work hard" for high paying commissions. No matter how you slice it, 75k is entry level. A 30k base, is for kids out of college! I wasted 6 hours of my life that I will never get back. This has, however, taught me a valuable lesson..... Dear Medtronic, you are completely delusional if you truly believe that "real" sales people are those that live on 30k base, and scrounge for commissions. The fact that you clearly hide the income expectations from the start, shows how unethical and cowardly you are. CAR SALESMAN make this type of income. I write this review.... as I feel it is my duty to warn all those who are naive about Medtronic as I once was. Run away! Any medical company that would pay a 30k base to a medical sales rep is one that does not respect their team. Once I was advised of the earning potential, I quickly ended the interview so that I could make the 3 hour trek home. Thanks Medtronic!

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your employment history   1 Answer

Interview

Situation based interview, asked lots of examples on how you performed under various scenarios.
    Project Management experience and ability to work with cross functional team
    Experience with clinical strategy is useful.

Interview Questions

Interview

Met 6 managers, and then 6 more. Round robin canned questions.Some minimal follow up, but mainly high level managerial questions to feel you out. Everyone was very polite, looking to see how you respond to conflict with people you are managing.

Value Stream Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Medtronic in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. They sent e-screen, I filled it out, and got called for a phone interview. The hiring manager asked for more clarification from some of my eScreen responses. Got called for an in-person interview. Met with 7 different people, all who asked the usual questions plus canned STAR questions from HR. My responses were all well prepared. Got a call about 2 weeks later saying I didn't get it because someone else had more experience.

Project Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The interview process wa little over an hour lateras fairly easy. I received a call from Human Resources. They asked me a few questions and she informed me of the process. She let me know she was screening applicants and that a second telephone interview would take place the next day with a department manager. She told me the questions I would be asked were going to be behavioral question. Well about a little over an hour later, I received a phone call from the department manager but unfortunately I had left to take my baby to the doctor. I returned the call the next day because it was too late to call when I returned. I called and I didn't get an answer and left a voicemail. My call was returned about 20 minutes later. I was told they were still screening applicants and she began to ask me questions. I was expecting behavioral questions based off of what was told by HR but the only questions that was asked were things that was found on my resume. She talked to me for about 5 minutes. It appeared to me that she had already made her decision before she called me because I really didn't stand a chance. After the phone call, less than an hour later I received a rejection email. I only wanted a fair shot at the job opportunity and I don't feel like I received that.

Interview Questions

• You've received your Bachelor's Degree, right? When. I gave my answer and she said oh yeah I see that on your resume.
      What school did you attend?
      What was your GPA?
      You're going to school for your Master's too... What school?
      When are you expected to graduate?
      No behavioral questions as I expected.
      My second interviewer asked the same questions as the HR representative.

1 Answer