Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

Sales Representative Interview

Phone screen, then interview with District Manager, then final interview with DM and his manager. Follow up was pretty quick, found out in 3-4 days. Basic interview with behavioral type questions, not as many as I expected.

Interview Questions
    They backed off from original by a little using the "pay level" excuse but honored the sign on and guarantee

Wafer Level Packaging Interview

First Phone screening, Next On site Technical Interview. I was interviewed by Vanessa for the position at CVDG of Medtronic. I never got a call back after the phone screening. I had to call them up few times to know my progress.

Interview Questions
    • What was your role in a college team project? How did you execute it?   Answer Question

Software EngineerraduateTech Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic in June 2013.

Had a phone interview with HR manager followed by technical interview with scientist. Mostly based on prior experience and resume. Was pretty friendly and interviewed for 50 minutes. Mostly technical

29 per hour

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

had a phone interview initially asked about my graduation date basically my availability as well as my background. then set up an onsite interview after a few days.
    The onsite interview started with a tour in the morning, and then several rounds of personal interviews. A lot of behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • difference between verification and validation, how to test a vending machine   Answer Question

Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Applied through the company website but was contacted by a recruiter. About a thirty minute phone interview with hiring manager. Then flew out for face-to-face with hiring manager and a few regulatory directors and managers. It took about a day and went to lunch with people on the team. Received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard and nothing stood out as unexpected.   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Interview

Telephonic interviews rounds and then onsite rounds. Had 4 back to back telephonic interviews and 4 onsite interviews. the onsite were mostly about meeting the team and knowing more about the position.

Diagnostics Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medtronic in August 2014.

A recruiter from Medtronic called me and said my qualifications were great and wanted to set up an immediate interview the following week. Without any further information, I accepted.... afterall, I thought, this is MEDTRONIC. The hiring manager and recruiter both knew that I lived about 3 hours from the interview location. I showed up, went through the ENTIRE interview, only to find out at the end of the interview that this position was for a 30k base, 75k at plan. Please note, my resume clearly states my qualifications to FAR exceed this type of position. In fact, I have not been recruited for any position, for less than a 100k base, 200k at plan position in years. Upon the onset of the interview, I advised the hiring manager of my income expectations. At this point, any ethical (or common sense) manager would have informed me that I was over qualified. Instead, he tried to "sell" me on the product and how "real" sales reps are the ones that accept low bases and "work hard" for high paying commissions. No matter how you slice it, 75k is entry level. A 30k base, is for kids out of college! I wasted 6 hours of my life that I will never get back. This has, however, taught me a valuable lesson..... Dear Medtronic, you are completely delusional if you truly believe that "real" sales people are those that live on 30k base, and scrounge for commissions. The fact that you clearly hide the income expectations from the start, shows how unethical and cowardly you are. CAR SALESMAN make this type of income. I write this review.... as I feel it is my duty to warn all those who are naive about Medtronic as I once was. Run away! Any medical company that would pay a 30k base to a medical sales rep is one that does not respect their team. Once I was advised of the earning potential, I quickly ended the interview so that I could make the 3 hour trek home. Thanks Medtronic!

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your employment history   View Answer

Principal Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Situation based interview, asked lots of examples on how you performed under various scenarios.
    Project Management experience and ability to work with cross functional team
    Experience with clinical strategy is useful.

Senior Director, R&D Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Medtronic in February 2010.

Odd step for doing a working test session as a mock senior leader in sales. It didn't bother me and I did well, but it was not tailored for the position -- sort of an example of odd policy decisions in hiring. Lots of meddling from very senior division leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Provide directional decisions for a sales group   View Answer
    Some negotiation on starting bonus, vacation

Principal IT Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moundsview, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moundsview, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in January 2011.

Phone interview first, followed by 1/2 day session with 4 different employees of similar position being applied for. The offer process took a few weeks, followed by a start date on a required cycle, up to a month. The process was pleasant and professional, well organized and learned enough to make a decision if offer was to be made.

Didn't negotiate