Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a phone interview and then I was scheduled for a 1:1 interview 2 weeks later. Was told that another 1:1 would occur if avanced and possibly with VP of division

Interview Questions

• nothing stood out from the unordinary. typical interview questions   1 Answer

Interview

Met 6 managers, and then 6 more. Round robin canned questions.Some minimal follow up, but mainly high level managerial questions to feel you out. Everyone was very polite, looking to see how you respond to conflict with people you are managing.

MDR Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in November 2014.

Interview

Discovered position through staffing agency 3 weeks before week of interviews.

I was interviewed alongside 30-40 other candidates. The process was as follows:

> 30-minute introduction to the company and role.
    > 15-minute interview with 2 managers within the team.
    > 60-minute computer test using microsoft word and microsoft excel

Interview Questions

• There weren't any truly difficult questions, just typical behavioral questions such as "Give an example of a time when you worked in a team and how you handled a disagreement or roadblock."   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

interviewed at Medtronic in November 2014.

Interview

Met at a job fair and had a 30 minute behavioral interview. Normal questions like when were you in a situation when you had to work with difficult people and how did you resolve the problem? There were a lot of behavioral type questions so make sure you have a situations at hand that can be used to answer such questions. The next step was an interview from the specific location that is accepting intern and co-op positions. I got the e-mail about two months after the first behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in November 2014.

Interview

I received a recruiter inquiry regarding medical software engineering positions in Louisville, Colorado. At a high level, the position looked like a Linux/embedded C++ role, which is not an area I have a lot of experience in, being a full-stack MVC/.NET/Java Script application developer. I agreed to a phone screen with the hiring manager, and an engineer on the hiring team. My impression of the position from the phone screen matched what I interpreted from the job description. I didn't feel inclined toward the position, but was invited for an on-site interview none-the-less, probably because I had extensive experience in developing medical software. I was curious, so I took the interview.

The interview itself focused exclusively on embedded Linux/C development--none of which are on my resume. It also included a ProveIt! test on the same subject matter. I was befuddled as to why the organization expressed any interest, given the clear mismatch of technical skills and interest for the role. The interview included a panel interview with 3 engineers, a white board, and a series of fabricated technical problems. After the interview, I shared my experience with some of my work colleagues, all very experienced engineers in medical software, and they were also surprised at the types of questions posed and the candor of the interview.

I detected a strong sense of antagonism during the interview as well, which seemed to be directed at me but also at other members of the interview committee from each other (i.e. they disagreed among themselves as to what an appropriate answer or solution would be). It was difficult to gauge the level of collegiality that they shared based on their demeanor.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what technology I had most recently taken training on or pursued independent coursework on. I mentioned that I had just taken a course on Entity Framework 6.0 (which was totally orthogonal to any engineering domain this organization was interested).   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

I had one phone interview and an on site. The process was long. On site interview was hard, met with a lot of people, a lot of technical questions. They like talking about polymer degradation issue in their applications, seem to doubt that I'm not ready to transition from the academia.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of general polymer questions (the position was in the materials group). Nothing too difficult but you have to be prepared.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Great communication and interview experience. Applied online with employee referral and got a call to set up an interview shortly after. Interview was short and sweet, I had a great conversation with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any particularly difficult technical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Medtronic in October 2014.

Interview

I talked with recruiters at job fair and got an onsite interview for a position at the Northridge site. Interview was with an engineer at the company and mostly about information on my resume and why I was interested in Medtronic. I would make sure to know the company and their mission statement.

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

The second interview for a second position: I interviewed for the same position I had already very successfully done but in another department. Those I had worked for previously gave me rave recommendations. (I wish THAT department would rehire me!). I was told by the agent they wanted someone "yesterday" and would hire immediately. In all fairness, it seems that the opening I interviewed for just disappeared or never was. No other agent I work with ever saw it in the vendor WO portal. A very professional 20 or 30 something very cordially interviewed me watching the clock to keep me there the full hour; other than that, I thought the interview went well. Did not get the job, either because there was no job, or because I made a negative comment about a work tool, or because I am very obviously middle aged.

I had 2 interviews for temp positions both within six months of their not honoring a (at-will) "contract".
    The first one was a telephone interview, that I thought went well, but no offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about how (an internal) organizational tool works?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

i met a recruiter at an industry trade show and began talking with him about specific roles in the company where I might be a good fit. After a phone screen to talk about my background and what I was looking for, he presented some opportunities that he would like to submit my information for. I was selected for an in-person interview and had 3 different rounds with a group of 3 interviewers twice and then an interview with the hiring manager. They use the STAR method and asked specific questions related to the company mission.

Interview Questions

• How do you communicate quality throughout your organization and answer using the STAR method.   Answer Question