Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

Reimbursement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tolochenaz (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic (Tolochenaz (Switzerland)).

Interview

Medtronic contacted me through my linkedIn profile and proposed me a job offer for reimbursement analyst positIon. I declined the first offer as it was not of my interest. Subsequently, Medtronic HR reached out to me and offered me two other positions insisting that I was a good match for their company. After 6 months (interviews and negotiations) Medtronic convinced me with their final offer and even offered me a hiring bonus as an incentive. Some interviews with key managers were canceled at the last minute which I did not appreciate. I did accept the offer which both parties signed. Thus, I did resign from my current job to join Medtronic after 3 months notice (everything was going fine at my current job as I was promoted recently) . But the worst is to come!!!!!! Medtronic HR called me 20 days before the contract start date to tell me that my position was withdrew and that they cancel the signed contract. I was very mad and that was very surprising especially that they know I resigned from my former job to join them and that they insisted soooo much to hire me. Moreove both parties signed the contract more than 2 months ago. I am very very very disappointed by the last minute cancelation with no valid reasons behind. Now, I am jobless thanks to abusive decision made at the last minute by management with no consideration and no respect. It may have a very negative impact on my career. I would definitely NOT RECOMMEND this company to anyone. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!! DO NOT RUIN YOUR CAREER!!!! TRUST me you will certainly find more respectful employers.

R D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medtronic (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred to a recruiter by one of my contacts and that's how I scored the call. The lady I spoke to was really sweet. She listened to me very patiently. I never heard back from her after wards though.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me a li'l about your background? 2) Do you have experience working with combination products? 3) What sort of compensation do you have in mind if chosen to work for Medtronic?   Answer Question

Principal IT Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moundsview, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Moundsview, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview first, followed by 1/2 day session with 4 different employees of similar position being applied for. The offer process took a few weeks, followed by a start date on a required cycle, up to a month. The process was pleasant and professional, well organized and learned enough to make a decision if offer was to be made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Senior Director, R&D Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Medtronic in February 2010.

Interview

Odd step for doing a working test session as a mock senior leader in sales. It didn't bother me and I did well, but it was not tailored for the position -- sort of an example of odd policy decisions in hiring. Lots of meddling from very senior division leadership.

Interview Questions

• Provide directional decisions for a sales group   1 Answer

Negotiation

Some negotiation on starting bonus, vacation

Senior R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Medtronic (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application online, I was called to schedule a phone screen, I did an in person interview with supervisor, HR and the other engineers, I went out to lunch with interview panel, I returned a second day to talk to the director of R&D, I received job offer, then did drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you promote a diverse and inclusive work place.   1 Answer

Senior Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

I moved to a position internally so the hiring process was very "lean". I interviewed with 5 people. Each of the interviews were very informal and casual. Almost all of the questions were about my previous experience and there were no in-depth technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my salary, but wish that I had. My offer was very fair but I think I could have got more if I'd asked.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Medtronic (Santa Rosa, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and set up an appt. to speak with me the following day. I cleared my schedule but she did not call nor did she return my call. She finally called 3 days later with a weak apology and we chatted. I decided to move on with the process and spoke with the hiring manager. She seemed nice and straightforward. Several days later, the recruiter calls to tell me someone else would be setting up my in-person interview schedule. I show up for the interview and wait 15 minutes for the HR person to arrive. That's okay. It happens. I spent the day in the same room, no tour of the area I'd be working, was never offered a beverage or a rest room break. Each interview was 30 minutes, hardly enough time to get all my questions asked. I asked some good and focused questions but was not impressed with many of the responses, although there were some highly capable people among the panel. I left the interview convinced I was over qualified. I received a phone call over a week later and was told I'd be getting an offer. We discussed salary and such for the 2nd time. Another week goes by and I was given an offer: A 20% pay cut for a position I didn't even apply for and an umimpressive relocation package. I was told the management position would be 'just too hard' for me. I found this insulting and unprofessional. I have since accepted the same position at the competition on the east coast and am happy to align myself with such a great group of individuals, although I expect I will peak out sooner rather than later. I believe I was simply unlucky in my experience with Medtronics but am satisfied with my decision to decline their less than generous offer.

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly challenging questions but the same questions were asked by each interviewer (i.e. how do you handle multiple projects having the same dealine, how do you handle conflict, etc.).   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Medtronic in May 2010.

Interview

Was phone screened initially by hiring manager, then brought in for 1:1 interviews with three other people including manager peer. Interview questions were standard and only one was a curve ball, I think to see how I reacted to hearing terms that would be otherwise inappropriate in public setting, but are completely normal in a medical device company.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel when you hear about <insert non-publicly appropriate medical term>?   Answer Question

Negotiation

not negotiable at all.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Medtronic (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

30 mins behavioural interview at career fair. they generally do not offer interns to international students

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Medtronic in March 2010.

Interview

1:1 interview with talent recruitment manager. The interview was on campus and consisted in: - Questions about my past work experience - Reasons why I pursued an MBA - Reasons why I applied to Medtronic - Personality and skills questions There was no case to solve. The full interview process was in 3 rounds but I did not go beyond the 1st one. I got a feedback from the interviewer 2 months later (!!!) who told me that I lacked experience in Sales & Marketing for this rotation program.

Interview Questions

• Coming from a small company, how do you think you would fit in a large company like Medtronic?   Answer Question