Medtronic

236 candidate interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Medtronic in March 2011.

Interview Details – 30 mins behavioural interview at career fair. they generally do not offer interns to international students

Interview Question – how did u handle difficult situations in the past   Answer Question

Diabetes Therapy Associate Interview

Diabetes Therapy Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Medtronic in January 2010.

Interview Details – Basic sales interview asks you probing and personality questions

Interview Question – Why do you want to do sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in July 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by an 1 on 1 interview. Very positive feedback and professional.

Interview Question – Which site would you choose?   View Answer

Leadership Development Rotation Program Interview

Leadership Development Rotation Program

The process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in March 2010.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview with talent recruitment manager. The interview was on campus and consisted in:
- Questions about my past work experience
- Reasons why I pursued an MBA
- Reasons why I applied to Medtronic
- Personality and skills questions
There was no case to solve. The full interview process was in 3 rounds but I did not go beyond the 1st one. I got a feedback from the interviewer 2 months later (!!!) who told me that I lacked experience in Sales & Marketing for this rotation program.

Interview Question – Coming from a small company, how do you think you would fit in a large company like Medtronic?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Medtronic in June 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, with hiring director and HR Director. Panel interview with 3 directors and HR manager.
HR Manager was from a recruitment consultant background, and you could tell. Directors were good at their jobs. Quick process. Overall impression was good, but they talked themselves up to much for me. Very easy to pass if you tell them what they want to hear. If you just want a job, dont be honest and say you want as per job spec. Good company, good future lots of cash however didnt pay my expenses...

Interview Questions

• General scenario based questions, are you are new products person or improvement existing?   View Answer
  • How would you set up a new project of a new warehouse?   View Answer

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in July 2007.

Interview Details – Fairly straightforward and efficient from initial application to offer letter. At the time the company was hiring like mad so the 1:1 interview itself was pretty basic. Plus as is usually the case with all potential jobs, having a employee referral helps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Compensation package was "take it or leave it". It was an entry level job so there was not much room on my end.

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in April 2009.

Interview Details – All communication on-line via email except for one, brief phone interview. The questions on the phone interview were very vague and I was expected to conduct the phone interview on the spot. I declined a follow-up interview because found another job with a different company. But, in general, the planning and organization by the recruiter was not that impressive.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Villalba, PR

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Medtronic in April 2009.

Interview Details – Phone called for interview with HR. Initial screening with HR by phone. Set for personal interview at the plant. Met with HR rep. She took me to manager's office where panel interview (3 people) was conducted. Phone call for job offer. Sent Benefits description through email. I have questions regarding benefits. She took 5 weeks to answer basic benefits questions. At an offer negotiation meeting they would not know answers to basic benefits questions like how much dollards does the insurance cover for eyeglasses. Since they took long in answering the questions the position went for revaluation at the new fiscal year. They said the position went into freeze until budgeting process was completed. No further communication from them.

Interview Question – How would you handle transition between a different industry an this industry?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The position went to hold due to new fiscal year arriving. They took 5 weeks to answer basic benefits questions.

Accounting Interview

Accounting
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in October 2008.

Interview Details – The interview and recruitment process was good. I got the impression that the culture is very introverted and it is not common to move around within the company. They don't have a rotational program which was unattractive. Had I gotten an offer I probably would have accepted because it was an internship and good experience, but I got the impression it was not a company I want to start my career at.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to overcome a challenge?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in February 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with HR screener. This moved to a face to face with the hiring manager. This was halted as the req was put on hold. Then a new hiring manager reactivated the req. Interviewed face to face with 3 people (HR, hiring manager, and dept. manager). Was told to wait 2 weeks. In 2 weeks I called back and they said due to business conditions they would not be hiring from the outside.

Interview Question – Experience with combo medical device/drug products?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Medtronic