Medtronic

244 candidate interviews

Very Easy Interview

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Medtronic in May 2010.

Interview Details – Was phone screened initially by hiring manager, then brought in for 1:1 interviews with three other people including manager peer.

Interview questions were standard and only one was a curve ball, I think to see how I reacted to hearing terms that would be otherwise inappropriate in public setting, but are completely normal in a medical device company.

Interview Question – How do you feel when you hear about <insert non-publicly appropriate medical term>?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not negotiable at all.

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Santa Rosa, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in February 2011.

Interview Details – A recruiter contacted me and set up an appt. to speak with me the following day. I cleared my schedule but she did not call nor did she return my call. She finally called 3 days later with a weak apology and we chatted. I decided to move on with the process and spoke with the hiring manager. She seemed nice and straightforward. Several days later, the recruiter calls to tell me someone else would be setting up my in-person interview schedule. I show up for the interview and wait 15 minutes for the HR person to arrive. That's okay. It happens. I spent the day in the same room, no tour of the area I'd be working, was never offered a beverage or a rest room break. Each interview was 30 minutes, hardly enough time to get all my questions asked. I asked some good and focused questions but was not impressed with many of the responses, although there were some highly capable people among the panel. I left the interview convinced I was over qualified. I received a phone call over a week later and was told I'd be getting an offer. We discussed salary and such for the 2nd time. Another week goes by and I was given an offer: A 20% pay cut for a position I didn't even apply for and an umimpressive relocation package. I was told the management position would be 'just too hard' for me. I found this insulting and unprofessional. I have since accepted the same position at the competition on the east coast and am happy to align myself with such a great group of individuals, although I expect I will peak out sooner rather than later. I believe I was simply unlucky in my experience with Medtronics but am satisfied with my decision to decline their less than generous offer.

Interview Question – There were no particularly challenging questions but the same questions were asked by each interviewer (i.e. how do you handle multiple projects having the same dealine, how do you handle conflict, etc.).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Medtronic in March 2011.

Interview Details – 30 mins behavioural interview at career fair. they generally do not offer interns to international students

Interview Question – how did u handle difficult situations in the past   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Diabetes Therapy Associate Interview

Diabetes Therapy Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Medtronic in January 2010.

Interview Details – Basic sales interview asks you probing and personality questions

Interview Question – Why do you want to do sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in July 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by an 1 on 1 interview. Very positive feedback and professional.

Interview Question – Which site would you choose?   View Answer

Leadership Development Rotation Program Interview

Leadership Development Rotation Program

The process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in March 2010.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview with talent recruitment manager. The interview was on campus and consisted in:
- Questions about my past work experience
- Reasons why I pursued an MBA
- Reasons why I applied to Medtronic
- Personality and skills questions
There was no case to solve. The full interview process was in 3 rounds but I did not go beyond the 1st one. I got a feedback from the interviewer 2 months later (!!!) who told me that I lacked experience in Sales & Marketing for this rotation program.

Interview Question – Coming from a small company, how do you think you would fit in a large company like Medtronic?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Medtronic in June 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, with hiring director and HR Director. Panel interview with 3 directors and HR manager.
HR Manager was from a recruitment consultant background, and you could tell. Directors were good at their jobs. Quick process. Overall impression was good, but they talked themselves up to much for me. Very easy to pass if you tell them what they want to hear. If you just want a job, dont be honest and say you want as per job spec. Good company, good future lots of cash however didnt pay my expenses...

Interview Questions

• General scenario based questions, are you are new products person or improvement existing?   View Answer
  • How would you set up a new project of a new warehouse?   View Answer

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in July 2007.

Interview Details – Fairly straightforward and efficient from initial application to offer letter. At the time the company was hiring like mad so the 1:1 interview itself was pretty basic. Plus as is usually the case with all potential jobs, having a employee referral helps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Compensation package was "take it or leave it". It was an entry level job so there was not much room on my end.

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in April 2009.

Interview Details – All communication on-line via email except for one, brief phone interview. The questions on the phone interview were very vague and I was expected to conduct the phone interview on the spot. I declined a follow-up interview because found another job with a different company. But, in general, the planning and organization by the recruiter was not that impressive.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Villalba, PR

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Medtronic in April 2009.

Interview Details – Phone called for interview with HR. Initial screening with HR by phone. Set for personal interview at the plant. Met with HR rep. She took me to manager's office where panel interview (3 people) was conducted. Phone call for job offer. Sent Benefits description through email. I have questions regarding benefits. She took 5 weeks to answer basic benefits questions. At an offer negotiation meeting they would not know answers to basic benefits questions like how much dollards does the insurance cover for eyeglasses. Since they took long in answering the questions the position went for revaluation at the new fiscal year. They said the position went into freeze until budgeting process was completed. No further communication from them.

Interview Question – How would you handle transition between a different industry an this industry?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The position went to hold due to new fiscal year arriving. They took 5 weeks to answer basic benefits questions.