Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

Principal IT Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moundsview, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Moundsview, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview first, followed by 1/2 day session with 4 different employees of similar position being applied for. The offer process took a few weeks, followed by a start date on a required cycle, up to a month. The process was pleasant and professional, well organized and learned enough to make a decision if offer was to be made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Senior Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

I moved to a position internally so the hiring process was very "lean". I interviewed with 5 people. Each of the interviews were very informal and casual. Almost all of the questions were about my previous experience and there were no in-depth technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my salary, but wish that I had. My offer was very fair but I think I could have got more if I'd asked.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Medtronic in May 2010.

Interview

Was phone screened initially by hiring manager, then brought in for 1:1 interviews with three other people including manager peer.

Interview questions were standard and only one was a curve ball, I think to see how I reacted to hearing terms that would be otherwise inappropriate in public setting, but are completely normal in a medical device company.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel when you hear about <insert non-publicly appropriate medical term>?   Answer Question

Negotiation

not negotiable at all.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic (Santa Rosa, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and set up an appt. to speak with me the following day. I cleared my schedule but she did not call nor did she return my call. She finally called 3 days later with a weak apology and we chatted. I decided to move on with the process and spoke with the hiring manager. She seemed nice and straightforward. Several days later, the recruiter calls to tell me someone else would be setting up my in-person interview schedule. I show up for the interview and wait 15 minutes for the HR person to arrive. That's okay. It happens. I spent the day in the same room, no tour of the area I'd be working, was never offered a beverage or a rest room break. Each interview was 30 minutes, hardly enough time to get all my questions asked. I asked some good and focused questions but was not impressed with many of the responses, although there were some highly capable people among the panel. I left the interview convinced I was over qualified. I received a phone call over a week later and was told I'd be getting an offer. We discussed salary and such for the 2nd time. Another week goes by and I was given an offer: A 20% pay cut for a position I didn't even apply for and an umimpressive relocation package. I was told the management position would be 'just too hard' for me. I found this insulting and unprofessional. I have since accepted the same position at the competition on the east coast and am happy to align myself with such a great group of individuals, although I expect I will peak out sooner rather than later. I believe I was simply unlucky in my experience with Medtronics but am satisfied with my decision to decline their less than generous offer.

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly challenging questions but the same questions were asked by each interviewer (i.e. how do you handle multiple projects having the same dealine, how do you handle conflict, etc.).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Medtronic (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

30 mins behavioural interview at career fair. they generally do not offer interns to international students

Diabetes Therapy Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Medtronic in January 2010.

Interview

Basic sales interview asks you probing and personality questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in July 2010.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an 1 on 1 interview. Very positive feedback and professional.

Interview Questions

• Which site would you choose?   1 Answer

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in March 2010.

Interview

1:1 interview with talent recruitment manager. The interview was on campus and consisted in:
    - Questions about my past work experience
    - Reasons why I pursued an MBA
    - Reasons why I applied to Medtronic
    - Personality and skills questions
    There was no case to solve. The full interview process was in 3 rounds but I did not go beyond the 1st one. I got a feedback from the interviewer 2 months later (!!!) who told me that I lacked experience in Sales & Marketing for this rotation program.

Interview Questions

• Coming from a small company, how do you think you would fit in a large company like Medtronic?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Medtronic in June 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview, with hiring director and HR Director. Panel interview with 3 directors and HR manager.
    HR Manager was from a recruitment consultant background, and you could tell. Directors were good at their jobs. Quick process. Overall impression was good, but they talked themselves up to much for me. Very easy to pass if you tell them what they want to hear. If you just want a job, dont be honest and say you want as per job spec. Good company, good future lots of cash however didnt pay my expenses...

Interview Questions

• General scenario based questions, are you are new products person or improvement existing?   1 Answer
    • How would you set up a new project of a new warehouse?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2007.

Interview

Fairly straightforward and efficient from initial application to offer letter. At the time the company was hiring like mad so the 1:1 interview itself was pretty basic. Plus as is usually the case with all potential jobs, having a employee referral helps.

Interview Questions

• What brings you here?   Answer Question
    • What skill set makes you the best fit for the position   Answer Question
    • Describe a conflict with a customer and what steps I took to resolve it   Answer Question
    • What are my three best traits. What are two traits that I need to improve   Answer Question

Negotiation

Compensation package was "take it or leave it". It was an entry level job so there was not much room on my end.