Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic (Cambridge, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

College recruitment fair during spring semester, talked with people at the fair booth and then followed up by applying for a campus interview. After a behavioral interview, waited about a month and was contacted by interested groups.

Interview Questions

• Describe a crisis you have had while working on a team.   Answer Question

QE Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Department head and hiring manager interviewed me for QE position and and it was well planned out and orderly. I had to wait in the front lobby for 20 minutes past my scheduled time.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot questions as they relate to the resume   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in February 2015.

Interview

I was selected for an interview after a career fair at my university. The interview was scheduled for 30 minutes. He didn't ask too many tough questions, but he applied every question to the one experience I started off talking about and he never went outside of that experience, which I did not expect and wish that he had.

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest challenge when doing that? Why Medtronic? What skills could you bring?   Answer Question

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Primary HR interview by phone went well. Secondary phone interview with Quality Management was a bit harsh and nailed me with skills I didn't have much like a military drill instructor. I couldn't hear the interviewer due to talking in the background and speaker phone. Would have been better for p2p interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Phone interview with basic personality and fit questions. Was invited to come in for an in person interview. Interviewed with three people and they basically took turns asking basic technical questions. They asked questions about p&ls and cash flow statements. There were really no personality or "normal" interview type questions besides the original "walk me through your resume" question.

Interview Questions

• Name all of the lines you would expect to see in a p&l.   Answer Question

salary was too low

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Well-run interview process. Panel interview. Focussed on team-leading procedures. Asked "self-review" questions to highlight one's problem-solving methodologies. I spent about 4 hours on-location at the plant. This included a tour, several interviews, and a meeting with Human resources.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you failed, and how it affected your operation. How did you overcome the obstacle?   Answer Question

Diabetes Therapy Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Pretty fast. Its overall a sales job. Sell yourself and know how to overcome an objection. Interviewers will ask why you should be hired over other people

FIRST WILL be an interview with recruiter
    then you get a phone call interview with a manager or supervisor
    last you have a face to face interview with two supervisors or manager and supervisor
    then you get a call form recruiter, congrats you got an offer now go pee in a cup

Interview Questions

• everything was pretty simple: why should we hire you? Whats your greatest achievement? what do you look for in a company?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

The recruiter came to my campus, and interviewed several students. The employer gave a nice overview of the company before asking me questions. The questions were mainly behavioral, but there were a few technical ones. It really felt like a conversation. Interview went well, but I have not heard back from the recruiters.

Application

Interview

great experience every one was very nice overall great time medtronic is a wondergul company cant wait to try to get something else adn I am just writing this in order to try to review the salaries in order to try to bid for a job. I think it is ridiculous that I have to go thru all this in order to get a job salary review

Interview Questions

• how to make a sandwich question   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

It will tiring process as there were back to back interviews and even lunch was rough and was inhouse while interviewing with 2 people. People were kind except for some tough personalities. Most interview was around plant/supplier quality. Was not easy to gauge whether an offer would be made.

Interview Questions

• Heavily supplier based-Describe supplier quality process, how to check quality control of supplier, did any supplier audits, how to read drawings with tolerance focus, used any statistical tools, worked with precision machines and checking for FAI, non- conformances, welding inspections, DFMEA- which no out of severity, occurrence, detection can be lowered   Answer Question
    • Lots of situational question- conflict with boss, how to deal with tough people, how to handle tough discussion in team

Mostly looking for STAR method answers.

Answer Question