Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in August 2009.

Interview

The position I was appliying for was a promotion. I applied online and I was called for the interview. The interview took about 30 minutes. It was pretty straight forward. It did not feel like an interview, it was more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this position would be a good fit for you?   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2009.

Interview

Behavioral Interviews. Feedback & non-verbal cues from interviewers gave me a positive feeling but I didnt get the offer. H1b might be an issue cause they hired a US citizen in the position. Recruiter's feedback was misleading as she said all the interviewers were so impressed with me that they wanted to find a position for me but she never followed up on that promise.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Medtronic in June 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview, with hiring director and HR Director. Panel interview with 3 directors and HR manager. HR Manager was from a recruitment consultant background, and you could tell. Directors were good at their jobs. Quick process. Overall impression was good, but they talked themselves up to much for me. Very easy to pass if you tell them what they want to hear. If you just want a job, dont be honest and say you want as per job spec. Good company, good future lots of cash however didnt pay my expenses...

Interview Questions

• General scenario based questions, are you are new products person or improvement existing?   1 Answer
    • How would you set up a new project of a new warehouse?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Medtronic in July 2010.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an 1 on 1 interview. Very positive feedback and professional.

Interview Questions

• Which site would you choose?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online, never heard for 3 mos, then 2 or 3 phone interviews. Went to CA for face to face and they seemed very confused and disorganized. The 6 people on the schedule kept changing through the day. Interviewers knew little about the job and the hiring manager was not even there that day. Why would they waste the time and money? It took a couple of months to get re-imbursed for expenses. The interview seemed to go well, and the HR person kept in touch for a week or two then stopped returning calls or e-mails. I never received any feedback as to whether I'm still being considered or not. I was excited about Medtronic, but this group seems to be run by amateurs.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Medtronic (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2007.

Interview

Fairly straightforward and efficient from initial application to offer letter. At the time the company was hiring like mad so the 1:1 interview itself was pretty basic. Plus as is usually the case with all potential jobs, having a employee referral helps.

Interview Questions

• What brings you here?   Answer Question
    • What skill set makes you the best fit for the position   Answer Question
    • Describe a conflict with a customer and what steps I took to resolve it   Answer Question
    • What are my three best traits. What are two traits that I need to improve   Answer Question

Negotiation

Compensation package was "take it or leave it". It was an entry level job so there was not much room on my end.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in April 2009.

Interview

All communication on-line via email except for one, brief phone interview. The questions on the phone interview were very vague and I was expected to conduct the phone interview on the spot. I declined a follow-up interview because found another job with a different company. But, in general, the planning and organization by the recruiter was not that impressive.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2008.

Interview

The interview and recruitment process was good. I got the impression that the culture is very introverted and it is not common to move around within the company. They don't have a rotational program which was unattractive. Had I gotten an offer I probably would have accepted because it was an internship and good experience, but I got the impression it was not a company I want to start my career at.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Villalba, PR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic (Villalba, PR) in April 2009.

Interview

Phone called for interview with HR. Initial screening with HR by phone. Set for personal interview at the plant. Met with HR rep. She took me to manager's office where panel interview (3 people) was conducted. Phone call for job offer. Sent Benefits description through email. I have questions regarding benefits. She took 5 weeks to answer basic benefits questions. At an offer negotiation meeting they would not know answers to basic benefits questions like how much dollards does the insurance cover for eyeglasses. Since they took long in answering the questions the position went for revaluation at the new fiscal year. They said the position went into freeze until budgeting process was completed. No further communication from them.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle transition between a different industry an this industry?   Answer Question

The position went to hold due to new fiscal year arriving. They took 5 weeks to answer basic benefits questions.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in February 2009.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR screener. This moved to a face to face with the hiring manager. This was halted as the req was put on hold. Then a new hiring manager reactivated the req. Interviewed face to face with 3 people (HR, hiring manager, and dept. manager). Was told to wait 2 weeks. In 2 weeks I called back and they said due to business conditions they would not be hiring from the outside.

Interview Questions

• Experience with combo medical device/drug products?   1 Answer