Medtronic

Updated Dec 21, 2014

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in July 2007.

Fairly straightforward and efficient from initial application to offer letter. At the time the company was hiring like mad so the 1:1 interview itself was pretty basic. Plus as is usually the case with all potential jobs, having a employee referral helps.

Interview Questions
    • What brings you here?   Answer Question
    • What skill set makes you the best fit for the position   Answer Question
    • Describe a conflict with a customer and what steps I took to resolve it   Answer Question
    • What are my three best traits. What are two traits that I need to improve   Answer Question
    Compensation package was "take it or leave it". It was an entry level job so there was not much room on my end.

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in April 2009.

All communication on-line via email except for one, brief phone interview. The questions on the phone interview were very vague and I was expected to conduct the phone interview on the spot. I declined a follow-up interview because found another job with a different company. But, in general, the planning and organization by the recruiter was not that impressive.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Villalba, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Villalba, PR

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic in April 2009.

Phone called for interview with HR. Initial screening with HR by phone. Set for personal interview at the plant. Met with HR rep. She took me to manager's office where panel interview (3 people) was conducted. Phone call for job offer. Sent Benefits description through email. I have questions regarding benefits. She took 5 weeks to answer basic benefits questions. At an offer negotiation meeting they would not know answers to basic benefits questions like how much dollards does the insurance cover for eyeglasses. Since they took long in answering the questions the position went for revaluation at the new fiscal year. They said the position went into freeze until budgeting process was completed. No further communication from them.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle transition between a different industry an this industry?   Answer Question

The position went to hold due to new fiscal year arriving. They took 5 weeks to answer basic benefits questions.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in October 2008.

The interview and recruitment process was good. I got the impression that the culture is very introverted and it is not common to move around within the company. They don't have a rotational program which was unattractive. Had I gotten an offer I probably would have accepted because it was an internship and good experience, but I got the impression it was not a company I want to start my career at.

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in February 2009.

Initial phone interview with HR screener. This moved to a face to face with the hiring manager. This was halted as the req was put on hold. Then a new hiring manager reactivated the req. Interviewed face to face with 3 people (HR, hiring manager, and dept. manager). Was told to wait 2 weeks. In 2 weeks I called back and they said due to business conditions they would not be hiring from the outside.

Interview Questions
    • Experience with combo medical device/drug products?   View Answer

Senior Product Specialist Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in December 2009.

1 to 1 interviews with the all marketing team members and with HR. Open discussion, no formilsed process.

Interview Questions
    • How do you prroritize your assignements? Give a practical recent exemple.   Answer Question
    • Why did apply to this particular position?   Answer Question

Customer Loyalty Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in March 2010.

the HR called and asked me questions on my resume and discussed the position

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medtronic in March 2008.

The interview process was fairly simple. First they took me on a site tour throughout the facility. Then I got to meet varying bosses/project managers who sat down with me with my resume and asked my about my capabilities.

Interview Questions
    • Can you apply your previous background to a medical device setting?   View Answer

Better job opportunity with better pay.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in September 2009.

Behavioral Interviews. Feedback & non-verbal cues from interviewers gave me a positive feeling but I didnt get the offer. H1b might be an issue cause they hired a US citizen in the position. Recruiter's feedback was misleading as she said all the interviewers were so impressed with me that they wanted to find a position for me but she never followed up on that promise.

Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in August 2009.

The position I was appliying for was a promotion. I applied online and I was called for the interview. The interview took about 30 minutes. It was pretty straight forward. It did not feel like an interview, it was more like a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think this position would be a good fit for you?   Answer Question