Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in April 2009.

All communication on-line via email except for one, brief phone interview. The questions on the phone interview were very vague and I was expected to conduct the phone interview on the spot. I declined a follow-up interview because found another job with a different company. But, in general, the planning and organization by the recruiter was not that impressive.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Villalba, PR
    Anonymous Employee in Villalba, PR

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic in April 2009.

Phone called for interview with HR. Initial screening with HR by phone. Set for personal interview at the plant. Met with HR rep. She took me to manager's office where panel interview (3 people) was conducted. Phone call for job offer. Sent Benefits description through email. I have questions regarding benefits. She took 5 weeks to answer basic benefits questions. At an offer negotiation meeting they would not know answers to basic benefits questions like how much dollards does the insurance cover for eyeglasses. Since they took long in answering the questions the position went for revaluation at the new fiscal year. They said the position went into freeze until budgeting process was completed. No further communication from them.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle transition between a different industry an this industry?   Answer Question

The position went to hold due to new fiscal year arriving. They took 5 weeks to answer basic benefits questions.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in October 2008.

The interview and recruitment process was good. I got the impression that the culture is very introverted and it is not common to move around within the company. They don't have a rotational program which was unattractive. Had I gotten an offer I probably would have accepted because it was an internship and good experience, but I got the impression it was not a company I want to start my career at.

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in February 2009.

Initial phone interview with HR screener. This moved to a face to face with the hiring manager. This was halted as the req was put on hold. Then a new hiring manager reactivated the req. Interviewed face to face with 3 people (HR, hiring manager, and dept. manager). Was told to wait 2 weeks. In 2 weeks I called back and they said due to business conditions they would not be hiring from the outside.

Interview Questions
    • Experience with combo medical device/drug products?   View Answer

Senior Product Specialist Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in December 2009.

1 to 1 interviews with the all marketing team members and with HR. Open discussion, no formilsed process.

Interview Questions
    • How do you prroritize your assignements? Give a practical recent exemple.   Answer Question
    • Why did apply to this particular position?   Answer Question

Customer Loyalty Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in March 2010.

the HR called and asked me questions on my resume and discussed the position

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medtronic in March 2008.

The interview process was fairly simple. First they took me on a site tour throughout the facility. Then I got to meet varying bosses/project managers who sat down with me with my resume and asked my about my capabilities.

Interview Questions
    • Can you apply your previous background to a medical device setting?   View Answer

Better job opportunity with better pay.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in September 2009.

Behavioral Interviews. Feedback & non-verbal cues from interviewers gave me a positive feeling but I didnt get the offer. H1b might be an issue cause they hired a US citizen in the position. Recruiter's feedback was misleading as she said all the interviewers were so impressed with me that they wanted to find a position for me but she never followed up on that promise.

Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in August 2009.

The position I was appliying for was a promotion. I applied online and I was called for the interview. The interview took about 30 minutes. It was pretty straight forward. It did not feel like an interview, it was more like a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think this position would be a good fit for you?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in May 2010.

Applied online, never heard for 3 mos, then 2 or 3 phone interviews. Went to CA for face to face and they seemed very confused and disorganized. The 6 people on the schedule kept changing through the day. Interviewers knew little about the job and the hiring manager was not even there that day. Why would they waste the time and money? It took a couple of months to get re-imbursed for expenses. The interview seemed to go well, and the HR person kept in touch for a week or two then stopped returning calls or e-mails. I never received any feedback as to whether I'm still being considered or not. I was excited about Medtronic, but this group seems to be run by amateurs.