Medtronic

Very Easy Interview

Principal IT Technologist Interview

Principal IT Technologist
Moundsview, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview first, followed by 1/2 day session with 4 different employees of similar position being applied for. The offer process took a few weeks, followed by a start date on a required cycle, up to a month. The process was pleasant and professional, well organized and learned enough to make a decision if offer was to be made.

Interview Question – cannot recall one   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

DTA Interview

DTA
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in August 2011.

Interview Details – They don't tell you about all the OT on the interviews.

Interview Question – They will hire anyone. High turn over.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in June 2011.

Interview Details – There was a significant amount of testing involved with the hiring process. Both online and in the office. The interview is small compared to the testing. Interview is done by 2 managers. The process was very comfortable and informal.

Interview Question – There was no unexpected question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. All customer service reps come in at the same flat rate.

Senior Industrial Engineer Interview

Senior Industrial Engineer
Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was 2 phone screens, 1 interview with hiring manager, and then a panel interview of Sr. Management

Interview Question – They expected me to have answers to some of their issues in the interview. I was able to successfully provide them with some opportunities for improvement.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was easier than I thought and I got what I wanted! Just be firm and reiterate what you bring to the table and that you are not accepting any less. I have turned down positions because of this and I am glad I did!

Clinical Specialist Interview

Clinical Specialist
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview Details – Overall, a very straightforward process consisting of an online assessment test, personality assessment test, phone interview, and two face-to-face interviews. The interviewers were very pleasant and didn't try to trick you or make you uncomfortable. The final interview consisted of a sit-down with the Sales Manager and Clinical Manager, both of which were professional, knowledgebale, and personable.

Interview Question – Have you ever failed in an attempt to implement a change at your current position? How did you react to it?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied. got one interview,

Interview Question – How do you work with others? and what the most difficult thing you had to deal with in a team based project?   Answer Question

Quality Inspector Interview

Quality Inspector
Warsaw, IN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Medtronic in July 2011.

Interview Details – Filed all personal information and resume with Staffmark of Warsaw before scheduling in person meeting with hiring agent. Staffmark called me back in for 2nd interview and blueprint GD&T testing. After passing the test I met with the QC supervisor another interview. Accepted the job offer and started within 1-2 weeks.

Interview Question – How many sick days or unexcused absences would find acceptable to have within a given month?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Shift and pay rate was already pre-determined by the agency... It was mostly a question and answer session before finalizing the hiring.

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director
Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview Details – I had multiple conversations with Human Resources. Very pleasant, professional and supportive. Speaking with the business unit professionals was completely the opposite. After spending almost 4 consecutive hours with 6 different people, it was a complete waste of time with people that think only they know anything.

Interview Question – Would this be a challenging enough role for you?   View Answer

MDR Specialist Interview

MDR Specialist
Fridley, MN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in October 2012.

Interview Details – It was like an assembly line. They had four rooms with interviewers and a waiting room with 40 people to be interviewed. A lot of generic questions and you have to go the extra mile to get their interest as they have most likely interviewed 4-5 people right before you.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you failed and how you dealt with that?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I had no experience and no leverage in the situation.

Regulatory Affairs Interview

Regulatory Affairs
Danvers, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, Had a phone interview with HR. Then had a one on one interview with Hiring manager onsite. They called me again to have a in person interview with the team

Interview Question – Question related to transition to Medical Device company   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Medtronic