Medtronic

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Medtronic in April 2009.

Interview Details – Medtronic has a very well-organized HR process which makes it difficult to get to the hiring manager unless the generalist believes you're worthy.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Plus/preferred skills are actually more of a "must have."   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Talent Acquisition

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in October 2013.

Interview Details – Nice place, but I interviewed with the person who I'd be replacing and I was quite disappointed with two things: her totally disheveled appearance and the fact that she was on her mobile phone sending text messages half the time I was interviewing. Lastly, received no response.

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in September 2013.

Interview Details – Recruited for the position by an agency. Submitted resume, salary requirements, and answered some interview questions with the agency. Phone interviewed with 5 Medtronic managers for ~3 hours, 2 different days. I appreciated the opportunity to speak with the person leaving the position I'd be filling. The people are VERY intelligent, respectful, and care for the company.

Interview Question – Please take me through your resume chronologically and highlight key projects   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Statistical Programmer Interview

Statistical Programmer
Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in October 2013.

Interview Details – HR for the first screen and Hire manager called for 2nd screen.
Three principals gave a conference call for 1 and half hour interview

Interview Question – No, All behavior questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Fridley, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Medtronic in January 2012.

Interview Details – It was alright kind of stressful but not too tough had great connections prior to the two day interview. I dont know. Good luck

Interview Question – Favorite mentor.   Answer Question

Principal Internal Communications Specialist Interview

Principal Internal Communications Specialist
Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by a recruiter through email and asked to fill out a detailed questionnaire. A few days later, we had a phone interview. I proceeded to have two more phone interviews--one with a department executive in Minneapolis; the other with the hiring manager in Santa Rosa. I was then invited for on-site interviews. I met with five people that day. I have to say that even though I didn't end up getting the job, the entire process was handled very professionally and respectfully. I will continue to keep an eye on Medtronic's job site.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were able to make a process more efficient.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Principal IT Technologist Interview

Principal IT Technologist
Moundsview, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview first, followed by 1/2 day session with 4 different employees of similar position being applied for. The offer process took a few weeks, followed by a start date on a required cycle, up to a month. The process was pleasant and professional, well organized and learned enough to make a decision if offer was to be made.

Interview Question – cannot recall one   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

DTA Interview

DTA
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in August 2011.

Interview Details – They don't tell you about all the OT on the interviews.

Interview Question – They will hire anyone. High turn over.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in June 2011.

Interview Details – There was a significant amount of testing involved with the hiring process. Both online and in the office. The interview is small compared to the testing. Interview is done by 2 managers. The process was very comfortable and informal.

Interview Question – There was no unexpected question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. All customer service reps come in at the same flat rate.

Senior Industrial Engineer Interview

Senior Industrial Engineer
Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was 2 phone screens, 1 interview with hiring manager, and then a panel interview of Sr. Management

Interview Question – They expected me to have answers to some of their issues in the interview. I was able to successfully provide them with some opportunities for improvement.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was easier than I thought and I got what I wanted! Just be firm and reiterate what you bring to the table and that you are not accepting any less. I have turned down positions because of this and I am glad I did!