Medtronic

Updated Nov 24, 2014

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in December 2013.

The recruiter kept excellent communication throughout the process as well as the hiring manager. Accommodations to and from the interview were made easily and well in advance. The interview consisted of a difficult, but diverse group of different individuals among the company who all maintained a level of respect. All questions were asked appropriately and interviews lasted approximately 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • Explain, in your own words, design verification and design validation.   Answer Question

Medtronic Response

Mar 12, 2014Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the insights and feedback on interviewing with Medtronic. Happy to hear about your positive experience interviewing with Medtronic!

Talent Acquisition Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in October 2013.

Nice place, but I interviewed with the person who I'd be replacing and I was quite disappointed with two things: her totally disheveled appearance and the fact that she was on her mobile phone sending text messages half the time I was interviewing. Lastly, received no response.

Statistical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in October 2013.

HR for the first screen and Hire manager called for 2nd screen.
    Three principals gave a conference call for 1 and half hour interview

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

Overall, a very straightforward process consisting of an online assessment test, personality assessment test, phone interview, and two face-to-face interviews. The interviewers were very pleasant and didn't try to trick you or make you uncomfortable. The final interview consisted of a sit-down with the Sales Manager and Clinical Manager, both of which were professional, knowledgebale, and personable.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever failed in an attempt to implement a change at your current position? How did you react to it?   Answer Question

Principal Internal Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in September 2013.

I was first contacted by a recruiter through email and asked to fill out a detailed questionnaire. A few days later, we had a phone interview. I proceeded to have two more phone interviews--one with a department executive in Minneapolis; the other with the hiring manager in Santa Rosa. I was then invited for on-site interviews. I met with five people that day. I have to say that even though I didn't end up getting the job, the entire process was handled very professionally and respectfully. I will continue to keep an eye on Medtronic's job site.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were able to make a process more efficient.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in September 2013.

Recruited for the position by an agency. Submitted resume, salary requirements, and answered some interview questions with the agency. Phone interviewed with 5 Medtronic managers for ~3 hours, 2 different days. I appreciated the opportunity to speak with the person leaving the position I'd be filling. The people are VERY intelligent, respectful, and care for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Please take me through your resume chronologically and highlight key projects   Answer Question

DTA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Medtronic in September 2013.

Hired through staffing agency (Aerotek) with the upfront knowledge of being a contracted employee for one year. A couple of phone interviews are held with an Aerotek recruiter. If accepted, then you have an in person interview at Medtronic with Medtronic district supervisor/s. If you meet the district supervisor/s approval, you are then phone interviewed by a Medtronic regional manager. If you are hired/not, the Aerotek recruiter will contact you. If hired, you then get go through initial hiring paperwork with Aerotek. A training class date is given at end. Medtronic begins training you with Medtronic staff.

None

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic.

I had multiple conversations with Human Resources. Very pleasant, professional and supportive. Speaking with the business unit professionals was completely the opposite. After spending almost 4 consecutive hours with 6 different people, it was a complete waste of time with people that think only they know anything.

Interview Questions
    • Would this be a challenging enough role for you?   View Answer

Diversity Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic in August 2013.

Everything was very clear and easy to follow, the interview process was fair and they were well prepared. I wasn't sure exactly what information they wanted to obtain and it wasn't clear what they were looking for. I repeated the same information as they kept asking the same questions

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not related and everyone had a different focus   Answer Question

Medtronic Response

May 15, 2014Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the insights and feedback on interviewing with Medtronic!

Medical Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in August 2013.

Had initial phone interview with recruiter after applying online. This was followed 1 week later by face-to-face w/ 3-4 managers and current med. safety specialists. There was also a writing sample.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about paperwork? This was especially difficult as I was hoping for more of a product development position, and this was more of a surveillance and failure reporting spot.   View Answer