Medtronic Interview Questions in Memphis, TN

2.9

Sales Education Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in September 2012.

Interview

After initially meeting at a career conference and doing two interviews at that location, I was contacted several times via phone and e-mail in order to continue the interview process. I was eventually invited to Memphis as a finalist for the position. There were 8 candidates total during the final round.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected part was the fact that there were two separate 45 minute interviews that consisted of "3 on 2" meaning 3 interviewers and 2 candidates   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in June 2012.

Interview

Behavioral interview with panel consisting of Engineering Manager, Operations Manager and HR Manager. Overall good atmosphere very laid back interview style. Each member of panel asked one question from pre-determined list about company values. Also answered pre-screened questionnaire from HR. Timely feedback from HR when not selected for position. Overall pleasant experience although not offered position.

Sales Entry Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in June 2012.

Interview

Original interview consisted of doing one set of interviews with 4 managers from the sales division in the company, then the next day was round two with 3 Sales reps from the company. The follow up consisted of flying out to Memphis with dinner and another set of interviews the next day with 4 more managers. The most unique thing is they will interview two candidates at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales? What makes you more qualified than the candidate next to you? Who is the CEO?   Answer Question

Senior Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview process was 2 phone screens, 1 interview with hiring manager, and then a panel interview of Sr. Management

Interview Questions

• They expected me to have answers to some of their issues in the interview. I was able to successfully provide them with some opportunities for improvement.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was easier than I thought and I got what I wanted! Just be firm and reiterate what you bring to the table and that you are not accepting any less. I have turned down positions because of this and I am glad I did!

Associate R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in December 2011.

Interview

Interviewer was a Product Engineer; he did not seem excited to be there. Unemotionally, he went through the required packet of questions for HR until we could have a "normal conversation." Questions were mostly about my experiences in engineering and team work. The interview had an hour time slot but only took 30 minutes. Nothing out of the normal was asked.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in June 2011.

Interview

There was a significant amount of testing involved with the hiring process. Both online and in the office. The interview is small compared to the testing. Interview is done by 2 managers. The process was very comfortable and informal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. All customer service reps come in at the same flat rate.

Quality Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview process is smooth and well thought of. Questions seem to be all planned ahead. There seems to be a good base for selecting candidates and comparison of the candidates is done fairly. Usually the interview is done by many people and lasts pretty much for the whole day, depending on the position and manager.

Associate Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in July 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of an HR manager setting me up for a phone conversation with a Engineer Manager that I would be working under. The interview was fairly unorthodox, because I felt that the interviewer had little experience interviewing people. Instead of simply asking me questions, he proceeded to make comments, pause, and then just expect me to begin talking. It definitely threw me off my game, but it was good practice. I would not blame this on Medtronic itself, however, they are a strong company and an excellent company to work for.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online. Had a brief phone interview with human resource person verifying the qualifications. Was contacted by hiring manager to schedule panel. Three people were in the conference room plus me. A series of behavioral questions requesting a specific event, action, and result. These were read from a packet. The interview took about an hour. I was called two days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• The usual...name a time when, what did you do, what was the result.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My offer was more than fair. Advice: exercise due diligence to ensure the offer is at least on-par.

Design Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in August 2009.

Interview

Two interviews with potential manager and mentor focused on technical knowledge. On-site interview consisted of 8, 1/2 hour interviews with team members. On-site flight and one-night hotel was paid for by company. Stayed with friend on 2nd night. Since the position was needed ASAP, whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of a DOE?   1 Answer
    • What are the three elements that make up the RPN in FMEA?   1 Answer

Direct manager/supervisor was unclear and no positive feedback was given for management style. Director was said to be excellent, however.