Medtronic

Relevance Date Difficulty

Regulatory Compliance Interview

Regulatory Compliance
Mounds View, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Medtronic in May 2012.

Interview Details – Candidates were scheduled back-to-back. A list of 10 behavioral questions were asked. The interviewers wrote down my replies. They did not ask any questions about my experience or skills nor did they comment on my answers. I was allowed to ask questions at the end of the interview. But the interviewer spoke very quickly and kept announcing how many minutes remained until the end. Weird interview!

Interview Question – Have you ever had an idea that wasn't initially accepted by your team members and ow did you get them to accept it?   View Answer

Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Clinical Research Specialist
Mounds View, MN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was relatively straight forward. Medtronic flew me in and stayed at hotel near the Mounds View campus. I met first with the HR rep (who has been great); she asked some tough questions about my background, how I would deal with personality conflict, and how I would meld with the team. Then I met with the Director of the division, she was top notch, asked questions about my aspirations, goals, and what I wanted from the company. I then met with two other employees that further explained what responsibilities I will have gave me an abbreviated tour of the campus. The group has great chemistry and I feel very fortunate to be part of this group.

Before my interview and even applying I downloaded the book: Get the Interview Every Time by Brenda Greene; this book was invaluable with me getting the interview and then getting the position. It was free on my kindle, not sure what it costs now. It had many of the tough questions verbatim (commonly asked by Fortune 500 companies).

I was contacted two weeks later and offered a position with competitive pay and lots of benefits. It seems so far that Medtronic is going to be a great employer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that failed and the lessons that you learned from it?   Answer Question
  • Explain to me a situation in which your business and personal ethics were challenged. Describe how you responded to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Once you get the offer, salary is not negotiable, but you may be able to negotiate extra vacation and a sign on bonus. They gave me a sign on bonus, but I don't think they would have given it; if I didn't ask for it. Be sure you do.

Legal Interview

Legal
Mounds View, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Medtronic in September 2010.

Interview Details – Everyone had some behavioral questions (supplied by HR). The other questions were more about me and my specific credentials and past duties. Questions from the HR person were totally behavioral in nature "tell me about a time when...."

Interview Questions

• "What was the worst mistake you ever made at work, and how did you resolve it?"   Answer Question
  • "What did your last performance review say were your 3 strengths and 3 areas for improvement?"   Answer Question
  • "Tell me about a time you felt you really satisfied an internal customer."   Answer Question
  • What kind of people do you work best with?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found a better opportunity elsewhere, not as far away, with more interesting job duties.

Worked for Medtronic? Contribute to the Community!