Medtronic

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Medtronic in February 2011.

I had the initial round on the phone and was asked to attend the 2nd round of interviews in person at Minneapolis. They paid for everything - had a nice hotel, pickup from hotel to Medtronic HQ at 710 Medtronic Parkway and dropoff to airport. The interviews were exhausting - five interviews, 45 mins each. Each interview was by a particular hiring manager in the non-marketing departments (e.g. Field action - they work on recalls, Pre-clinical trials etc). It seems that they just bundle all non-marketing or product departments into Operations. A couple interviews were about projects in program management. It was an odd bunch. Two managers did not specifically tell me about the projects that they were hiring for, which was unfair, I thought. One manager became really happy about my candidature for the program manager internship role, and sold me on his division and project for 10 mins, but did not end up giving me an offer, even after saying that lets say it all works out. Overall, the questions were centered about persuation stories. Also, they had a sheet of 50 questions, so it was OK to say that you had never faced a situation like this before. Overall, great experience. Medtronic is a great company, and I would have wanted to go there, but for some better projects, I guess. They interviewed 60 people for 16 positions, which was a little crazy I thought.

Interview Questions
  • tell me a time when you had to do something which was not in line with your company's objectives   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time when you failed in your standard approach. What was your thought process, what did you do after that?   Answer Question