Medtronic Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Medtronic (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter within a week to set up a telephonic interview. I though the call with recruiter went well and the next step was for her to review my resume with the hiring manager. I got an automated email later that evening saying that I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews with the principle managers and directors who would be the key points of interaction. Interview questions were tough but fair. Asked to see plans for change and how to properly manage certain aspects of the project. HR tried to convince me to apply for other positions within the company, despite my repeated insistence that I was qualified and most interested in this position. Tried to get me to apply for a role that had no interest for me, but was obviously a high priority for her to fill.

Interview Questions

• How would you bring accountability to deliverables and missed deadlines?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Medtronic (Santa Rosa, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and set up an appt. to speak with me the following day. I cleared my schedule but she did not call nor did she return my call. She finally called 3 days later with a weak apology and we chatted. I decided to move on with the process and spoke with the hiring manager. She seemed nice and straightforward. Several days later, the recruiter calls to tell me someone else would be setting up my in-person interview schedule. I show up for the interview and wait 15 minutes for the HR person to arrive. That's okay. It happens. I spent the day in the same room, no tour of the area I'd be working, was never offered a beverage or a rest room break. Each interview was 30 minutes, hardly enough time to get all my questions asked. I asked some good and focused questions but was not impressed with many of the responses, although there were some highly capable people among the panel. I left the interview convinced I was over qualified. I received a phone call over a week later and was told I'd be getting an offer. We discussed salary and such for the 2nd time. Another week goes by and I was given an offer: A 20% pay cut for a position I didn't even apply for and an umimpressive relocation package. I was told the management position would be 'just too hard' for me. I found this insulting and unprofessional. I have since accepted the same position at the competition on the east coast and am happy to align myself with such a great group of individuals, although I expect I will peak out sooner rather than later. I believe I was simply unlucky in my experience with Medtronics but am satisfied with my decision to decline their less than generous offer.

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly challenging questions but the same questions were asked by each interviewer (i.e. how do you handle multiple projects having the same dealine, how do you handle conflict, etc.).   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Medtronic (Bangalore (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

Pretty Simple and convenient. Liked it. Approachable HR. Took me long because of the availability issues at both ends. Looking forward to work for the Company and prove to be an asset for each other.

Interview Questions

• Regarding availability for Interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

Interactive

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Medtronic in August 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with the human resources recruiter over the phone. The interview was very conversational and consisted of a detailed overview of the position and team, followed by a review of my background and skills. The final portion of the interview was comprised of specific questions related to how I might accomplish a particular job-related task.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Medtronic in June 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview, with hiring director and HR Director. Panel interview with 3 directors and HR manager. HR Manager was from a recruitment consultant background, and you could tell. Directors were good at their jobs. Quick process. Overall impression was good, but they talked themselves up to much for me. Very easy to pass if you tell them what they want to hear. If you just want a job, dont be honest and say you want as per job spec. Good company, good future lots of cash however didnt pay my expenses...

Interview Questions

• General scenario based questions, are you are new products person or improvement existing?   1 Answer
    • How would you set up a new project of a new warehouse?   1 Answer