Medtronic Quality Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2015

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in April 2009.

Interview

All communication on-line via email except for one, brief phone interview. The questions on the phone interview were very vague and I was expected to conduct the phone interview on the spot. I declined a follow-up interview because found another job with a different company. But, in general, the planning and organization by the recruiter was not that impressive.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Brooklyn Park, MN).

Interview

HR communicated in timely and friendly manner through the process

Interview Questions

Medtronic Response

May 15, 2014 – Global Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the insights and feedback on interviewing with Medtronic!

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Had 30 minutes phone interview with the hiring manager and then was invited for an in person interview at Medtronic. Interview consisted of four, 30-minute 1:1 interviews with other engineers and co-workers focused on different aspects of the job (technical, working with others, problem solving). I then had another 30 minute interview with the hiring manager and we had long. The process was very straight forward and what I expected: pre-written questions from HR, they want you to answer in the traditional STAR format. Overall it was a really great experience and gave me a great idea of the people I would be working with and what my experience would be like.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me something technical that you are an expert of (a process, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

N

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

The recruiter came to my campus, and interviewed several students. The employer gave a nice overview of the company before asking me questions. The questions were mainly behavioral, but there were a few technical ones. It really felt like a conversation. Interview went well, but I have not heard back from the recruiters.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Gainesville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was composed of two parts. First technical part and then the behavioral part. Technical Questions were not too hard. I was asked about transformers and the projects that I did during my undergraduate degree. On the behavioral side I was given situations and I was asked how to deal with them. Overall, interview was easy and the interviewer was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to make a hard decision that changed that was beneficial to you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Center, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Brooklyn Center, MN) in November 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with the Hiring manager, human resources and fellow team members. Most of the questions were, "Tell me about a time..." Be prepared to give SMART answers. The hiring manager was a bit off script with his questions such as, "How do you deal with someone that you don't like?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you stood up to a supervisor.   Answer Question