Meebo Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2015

3.4

Campaign Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meebo.

Interview

The interview process took about a month to complete. It included the initial phone screen with the recruiter and a couple phone calls with the hiring manager. Then I came in for a simulation exercise to show how I think and my presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Meebo?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meebo (Mountain View, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

very interesting interview process but incredibly long. interviewed with about 15 people total in about 2 months. all interviews went really well but i believe it was just one person who said no because of lack of experience in a certain area. would've preferred to have known that earlier lots of 1:1 interviews and the last round is a half day work simulation where you go work with the actual team and then do a presentation about it. they expect you to take a lot of risks.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Meebo (Atlanta, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

phone screen by HR, in person interview, in person interview with simulation exercise

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Meebo (Mountain View, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

(About 3 weeks from start of interviewing to final in-house interview, due to scheduling for flight of in-house interview. About six weeks or more from introductions to final offer, but was in relatively good contact several times per week during the entire course.) A few phone interviews over the course of a week or so: general programming knowledge, personality, lifestyle questions, etc. Tried to determine a basic level of competency with web technologies; in addition to basic algorithms, some questions on HTML/CSS, the box model (including if you have knowledge of IE quirks of the box model), etc. Was flown out for an in-person interview over a partial workday (10am-2pm) consisting of a project simulation, a presentation of what you finished of the simulation, lunch with the team, and three interviews with various team leaders. (Including one interview with an N-Queens-derived algorithm question.) Very friendly crew from the recruiting/on-boarding team to the engineers to the marketing folks. Great talent (ex-Facebook, ex-Yahoo employees). Algorithm question stumped me, but was allowed to bounce my ideas off of the interviewer and eventually solved the problem by communicating the thought process and getting feedback.

Interview Questions

• Write the function nqueens(num_rows, num_cols, num_queens) -- where num_rows and num_cols is the size of an arbitrary chess board. Function returns "true" if there exists a way to place "num_queens" queens without any queen threatening any other queen, false if it isn't possible. Efficiency is not a concern.   1 Answer
    • Write a function for mutliply(a,b), where a and b are both positive integers, but you can only use the + or - operators.   2 Answers

Offer wasn't quite where I wanted it to be and they were fairly solid on it.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meebo (San Francisco, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

There wasn't any question about why I wanted to join Meebo. The interviewers went straight to the technical questions

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between <div> and <span>   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meebo (Mountain View, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

The application process was handled by two very professional recruiters. Email response times were quick and they were pretty flexible with the phone screen times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meebo (Seattle, WA) in November 2009.

Interview

A lot of networking questions, and they seem to emphasize a lot on web skills (make sure you know your CSS). Also a couple of database questions, writing SQL statements.

Interview Questions

• Write an SQL statement to find the number of employees working for a certain department.   1 Answer

Server Side Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meebo (San Francisco, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Asked to rotate a string in place given an index number (on site interview with 2 engineers). Asked to produce all the permutations of string in c (phone screen). Asked to write a simple web server from scratch in c/c++ in 3 hours using sockets, some template code provided (on site simulation, left on your own). After coding the server had to go through it with a team of 6 people for code review.

Interview Questions

• Asked to produce all the permutations of string in c (phone screen).   Answer Question
    • Asked to rotate a string in place given an index number (on site interview with 2 engineers).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meebo in October 2011.

Interview

I passed my resume to someone from the company in a job fair at university. About two weeks later, I received an email from someone in human resources who arranged a phone interview with one of their software developers.

Interview Questions

• What are two independent events?   Answer Question
    • Describe a recursive algorithm for multiplying two integers.   Answer Question
    • He described a sorting algorithm and asked me to find the complexity and suggest a way to improve it.   Answer Question
    • asked about a machine learning algorithm   Answer Question

Javascript Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meebo in April 2010.

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews consisting of basic Javascript, HTML, CSS questions. After clearing those there was a remote simulation of a Javascript Application.