Meetup Community Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews

11 interviews

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Meetup.

Applied twice, and was called to schedule a phone interview. Then I had a phone interview a couple days later. The interview went well, and then was asked to go in for a one to one interview. Upon my arrival, I did not consider it a very welcoming place. I kind of knew instantly that this was one of those companies "going through the motions" interviews. The office guy was sort of direct and told me to have a seat. I'm not sure why I expected a bit of a friendlier atmosphere. The person who interviewed me on the phone, interviewed me in person as well that day. They asked the same exact questions they asked on the phone, and I just elaborated my answers more so. When it came to the actual position, I really believed (and honestly still do believe) that my experience completely lined up with the description of this job. The interviewer wrote notes, to which they mentioned would be passed on to higher up managers.

All in all, when I received a general/auto reply email in regards to not getting the position, I sort of shrugged. If they already knew my answers from the first interview, and asked the same exact questions in the second interview, it felt like a complete waste of time. It left a bad taste in my mouth about the company, especially one which thrives off putting such a focus on people.

Interview Questions
  • All basic questions, such as: provide a time where you had best customer service experience? provide a time where you had a negative customer service experience and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Meetup

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Meetup.

Applied and was approved for an interview at an interview day for liberal arts graduates. The interviewer seemed rather disinterested and simply asked questions by the book. She barely replied at all when I gave answers to each question, almost like she was hardly paying attention. I felt the interview went alright. I got an email about a month later explaining they'd decided to move forward with other candidates. I appreciated the response, though!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Meetup in August 2010.

I applied online (through a referral). After not hearing back for a few weeks, I attended a Working@Meetup event, and then received a call a few days later. I came in for my first interview with HR. After that, I was called in two more times to have an interview with four more folks. The whole process took about a month, perhaps even longer (it was summer, so people were on vacation and my follow-up interviews took some time to schedule). My interviews felt somewhat laid-back and friendly, but at the same time it was clear that the standards were high.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Meetup in May 2011.

Meetup has an extremely involved and long interview process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Meetup in November 2010.

They're a really nice, cool company. The first interview went well. was asked to come into their NYC headquarters, where i met with 3 other employees. they asked me questions about my resume, background, personal interests - a lot of just getting to know me. ultimately wanted more experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meetup in February 2011.

First I went to the info session, where they screened the first round of applicants. Those who do not go to this must do a phone interview. The 2nd round was a 1-1 interview. Most of the questions were about my background, there were not really any "What would you do in this case" type questions.

Interview Questions
    • I have a blog and she asked me which blog site I use and why I prefer it over others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Meetup in January 2011.

Interview was through a school program and was scaled back from an hour interview to a 30 minute interview, so Meetup was not discussed at all. The entire interview was more of a question/answer session than a discussion about my experience and the position. I'm not sure if the lack of time contributed to their interviewing style or if they usually question their candidates without dialogue. It was only at the very end of the interview was I able to ask a couple of questions about the position and learned that it was not entirely as described.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meetup in December 2010.

The phone interview was basically what one would expect from any phone interview. They went over some details of their company and then followed it up with the basic interview questions that seem to be in every HR handbook. Things like What is a difficult situation you have to had to deal with at work etc...

Interview Questions
    • What is a difficult situation you have had to deal with at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meetup in October 2009.

First joined the "Working at MeetUp" Meetup group and went to a meeting with other potential candidates. Then I was asked to come in the next week for a 1:1 interview with HR.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Meetup in July 2009.

I was called two days after I submitted my resume. Had a brief phone conversation with the recruiter and she asked me to come with an interview. It was not the typical interview about what's your biggest flaw, and why should I hire you. More of a what social networking website do you frequent and what do you like about them and don't you like about them. Needless to say I was under prepared and did not receive an offer. The office was big and lofty, as hipster trendy as the city it was in. Lots of red. No one appeared to have an office. There several private rooms for meetings, but a very open floor plan for open communication and whatnot. Very young staff, but from what I saw everyone seemed to get along.

Interview Questions
    • What are your favorite social networking sites?   View Answer

Worked for Meetup? Contribute to the Community!