Meggitt Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.8

Global Engineering Graduate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Meggitt.

Interview

For this program, they conduct interviews in both the US and UK. I was part of the US interviews since I am a US citizen. There were two interviews total. The first was a phone interview. The second was an onsite interview where I was flown out to CA. Phone interview was more focused on the resume. The onsite interview was a panel with 3 interviewers. Most of the questions were behavioral. The phone interview was conducted in late November a few days before Thanksgiving. The onsite interview was the first week of January. The UK interviews were conducted a couple weeks after the US interviews (late January to early February) thus, I did not hear back about my offer until the first week of March. However, the HR lady consistently emailed every couple weeks to let me know if I was still under consideration which was helpful.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Meggitt and how do your experiences relate to the position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meggitt in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online for a Manufacturing Engineer position in Oregon. Two managers interviewed me. The interview questions covered teamwork experience, engineering knowledge, and manufacturing. They wanted prior ERP system knowledge. Key elements of the position are new product development and fire-fighting. After I asked some questions about the position and the company, I received a tour of the facility.

Trade Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meggitt (Miami, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

I was initially called by the HR Recruiter to set up a phone interview with the Operations Manager. Then after speaking with her I met in person with the Director. I then had a phone interview with the VP/GM and was invited down for a site visit. Everyone was warm and the questions were very good. Know yourself and the job. They all were very informative about what the position would entail. Every stage of the interview, I felt I knew where I stood in the pool of candidates.

Interview Questions

• I prepared myself as much as I could when it came to answering questions about my background and my experience. Know your resume, strengths, and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were great!

FAA Repair Station Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Meggitt (Irvine, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Originally understood it was going to be an interview with one person, then another afterwords. instead it started being a 5 person panel interview, and it was my first time ever having a panel interview with more than 3 people at once. it was scary. A tour of the facility was conducted afterwpords, by the original person appointed for the interview. I acted like i had the job in my thinking. I felt comfortable of the work environment. I was confident I may have landed an offer.

Interview Questions

• This a 9-80 job, with loads of available and required overtime. Can you work overtime during the normal week and weekends?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Temp Interview

Interview

quick 1 hour interview with manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

simple. mail

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meggitt.

Interview

Applied online and received an email back. Set up an interview.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meggitt (Corona, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Interviewed with a senior engineer. The interview was very simple. He just went over my resume and asked me a few questions about my life and what my future plans were.

Interview Questions

• What are your 5 weaknesses? (Don't make good ones sound like bad ones)   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Meggitt (Simi Valley, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I talked to the manager on the phone for 40 minutes and it was great. I liked what I was hearing and he liked my experience at Northrop Grumman and thought I would be good for the team. I went to the in-person interview and was there for 4 hours. I took a tour and talked to the senior engineer guy who I would do most of the work for. That went great. Technically, I was very ready. Then, they took me to a higher manager's office to talk to him a bit. He asked me about my experience and education and the work I did for other similar companies. Typical questions. Then, he brought up "investing" in me as a company and how long I'd stay there because "you are a girl and since you graduated that year then maybe you will get married and go have kids and so we won't have you here all the time" and such. I'm paraphrasing, but it was pretty much these words. This is a guy who is wearing a wedding ring and has pictures of his kids around the office. No offense, but he probably wasn't in the best shape of health, so he probably takes off time from work to go to doctor and surgery or other. I was about to tell him to go you-know-where and leave the office right there. HR obviously isn't doing their job. Yes yes, they are technically allowed to say that, but hey, at least I'm not like some of the guys my age who waste time talking about their cars or trucks or sports, while I'm working hard getting stuff done (I'm a really hard worker and get so much done in those 40 hours in one week that I surprise my managers most of the time!!) The only reason I didn't leave is because the smart manager sitting there jumped in. I then went and talked to one last person they wanted me to talk to. When I left, I didn't care about this job anymore if I'm supposed to work with some guy like that. It's not even his company!! Terrible! I don't think they'd treat young guys any different though.

Interview Questions

• Typical mechanical, manufacturing and chemistry questions...   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Hollywood, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meggitt (North Hollywood, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

It was straightforward and lasted one hour.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with DO-160E or MIL-STD-816 specifications?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Fuel Tank Builder, and Floorworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockmart, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Meggitt (Rockmart, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

I was planned for the interview, and did everything right. In the application process, it states, no experience required, we will train. They walk you through the building and show you what you will be doing, and then when the interview is over, they will say they will be contacting you. I got a letter a couple of days later that stated they were more highly qualified people than me. My heart broke.

Interview Questions

• What shift can you work?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever done wallpaper before?   1 Answer