Meggitt USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

FAA Repair Station Technician Interview

FAA Repair Station Technician
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Meggitt USA in May 2014.

Interview Details – Originally understood it was going to be an interview with one person, then another afterwords. instead it started being a 5 person panel interview, and it was my first time ever having a panel interview with more than 3 people at once. it was scary. A tour of the facility was conducted afterwpords, by the original person appointed for the interview. I acted like i had the job in my thinking. I felt comfortable of the work environment. I was confident I may have landed an offer.

Interview Question – This a 9-80 job, with loads of available and required overtime. Can you work overtime during the normal week and weekends?   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Simi Valley, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Meggitt USA in February 2012.

Interview Details – I talked to the manager on the phone for 40 minutes and it was great. I liked what I was hearing and he liked my experience at Northrop Grumman and thought I would be good for the team.

I went to the in-person interview and was there for 4 hours. I took a tour and talked to the senior engineer guy who I would do most of the work for. That went great. Technically, I was very ready.

Then, they took me to a higher manager's office to talk to him a bit. He asked me about my experience and education and the work I did for other similar companies. Typical questions.

Then, he brought up "investing" in me as a company and how long I'd stay there because "you are a girl and since you graduated that year then maybe you will get married and go have kids and so we won't have you here all the time" and such. I'm paraphrasing, but it was pretty much these words.

This is a guy who is wearing a wedding ring and has pictures of his kids around the office. No offense, but he probably wasn't in the best shape of health, so he probably takes off time from work to go to doctor and surgery or other.

I was about to tell him to go you-know-where and leave the office right there. HR obviously isn't doing their job. Yes yes, they are technically allowed to say that, but hey, at least I'm not like some of the guys my age who waste time talking about their cars or trucks or sports, while I'm working hard getting stuff done (I'm a really hard worker and get so much done in those 40 hours in one week that I surprise my managers most of the time!!)

The only reason I didn't leave is because the smart manager sitting there jumped in.

I then went and talked to one last person they wanted me to talk to.

When I left, I didn't care about this job anymore if I'm supposed to work with some guy like that. It's not even his company!!

Terrible! I don't think they'd treat young guys any different though.

Interview Question – Typical mechanical, manufacturing and chemistry questions...   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Mechanical Engineer Intern
North Hollywood, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Meggitt USA in April 2011.

Interview Details – It was straightforward and lasted one hour.

Interview Question – Do you have experience with DO-160E or MIL-STD-816 specifications?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Meggitt USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Meggitt USA interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Meggitt USA employees and interview candidates.