Meijer Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

2.1

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview was with three different managers. The first interview was with the manager from the department you applied to, then the service lines leader, and final interview was with the store director. They asked simple questions such as what would you do if you had an upset customer. Once hired, you have to complete some testing and training on the computer which is easy, then you start doing the actual work.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught someone shoplifting?   2 Answers

Negotiation

The easiest interview I ever had.

Other Interview Reviews for Meijer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

Went through one interview with the service manager. Easiest interview I have ever had. She only asked me what I was going to college to become and what days I could work. Interviews go through 3 steps now with 3 different people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Creek, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Oak Creek, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

I put in an app online, got an email to set up the phone interview within a few hours. I had the phone interview the next day. She basically just asked about availability, pay and why I was leaving my current job. She called me back for a 2nd interview about a week later. .I had my 2nd interview about 2 weeks after that it was one on one. My final interview was the same day, just a meet and greet with the store coordinator.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with someone rude. How did you handle it? (2nd interview)   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you went above a customers expectation of customer service. (2nd interview)   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were recognized for your customer service. (2nd interview)   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation. (3rd interview)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bay City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Bay City, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called around three-four weeks later. The woman on the phone was nice and asked me a few questions that were already answered on my application, such as availability and experience. She then proceeded to ask me interview questions that highlighted teamwork skills, customer service skills, and problem solving skills. It was fairly easy and I was able to use examples from my previous job at Target. She then told me that she would pass my information along and someone would let me know if I was selected for an interview in person. I got another call two days later from a different woman who scheduled me to come in for an interview the next day. I arrived at Meijer and waited about ten minutes at customer service before being brought back. The woman was nice and asked me to tell her a little bit about myself. I told her I was a student and was looking to work until I went back to school in August. She seemed flabbergasted and asked me if I had told that to the woman I first interviewed with. I did, and I also wrote it on my application. She then seemed confused, and then proceeded to tell me she had nothing for me, since she wasn't looking for a seasonal position. I was flabbergasted, and she quickly dismissed me and pointed to the door. I'm still in shock that they could have dropped the ball like that and called me in for a second interview when they had nothing for me. It was completely unprofessional and ridiculous. I will not be applying to Meijer again, and I hope to warn others who are looking for seasonal positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Plainfield, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called about a week and a half later. It was a simple, 10 minute interview; the woman was really sweet and asked me about availability, hours, and then three basic interview questions. I have no previous work experience, so I answered based on experiences at school and in daily life. I was then told to come in the next day for a second interview. Second interview went pretty well, the interviewer was very nice and laid back, and questions pretty standard. Was scheduled for a third interview, which I have yet to go to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Meijer in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted me a day after I applied. There was only one person I interviewed with and it was easy with only four questions then the rest of the process was him explaining the job. Asking what hours I can work, if I have previous experience with customer service. Did not seem like he looked at my application beforehand. The interview was very easy and casual. I was offered the job right then and there. Background check took only a few days and then they call to set up orientation. Pay is $9 an hour and non negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Name a time a customer made a difficult request. Name a time you were helping one customer and other customers needed assistance as well. Name a time you witnessed something you didn't feel was right. What were your goals at your past job?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

straight forward. 3 rounds, 1 person each. I interviewed with my main boss, and then the assistant store director, and than the store director. everyone was very nice and it was not a bad interview process. a little lenghty though

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Detroit, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

The Meijers Hiring Process Three Interviews with different people. 1) Phone Interview. Which takes about 15 Mins. 2) In person interview With the Team Leader ( If You Make it past the first interview. This Interview is the most critical part of the hiring process) 3) In person Interview with the store director ( More Of a Meet and Great. I applied to a new meijer store. It took about 3-4 weeks In Total. The energy was very high and welcoming. Dress appropriate. Stay calm. Always smile.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone that was rude? What did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiations for positions under management. Its minimum wage with quarterly raises after 350 work hours complete its programmed to give you a raise after so many hours worked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meijer (Battle Creek, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was 3 interviews. I personally interviewed with 2 managers and the store director all in the same day.The interview questions were simple S.T.A.R. (Situation, Task, Action, Result). All 3 of the interviews took an hour. Really friendly associates.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time where you had to work with a coworker you hated?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meijer (Springfield, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

met with Asst Store Manager. She explained that there are actually 2 areas that need help. Cashier and Fashion Dept and she believed that with my retail experience at Macys I would be better in Fashion. After she okay'd me, I met with the Fashion Dept Manager and she hired me on the spot.