Meijer Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.2

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

It takes three interviews and hours of mindless tests that teach you nothing and is very redundant. You have to talk to the store director, your department manager, and another manager and they ask you tons of questions that don't really mean anything. As long as you can answer, you are all right. The computer training process is dumb and you will pass. They never give you any real training for the job.

Other Interview Reviews for Meijer

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Meijer.

Everyone was friendly and welcoming, which was what prompted me to want to work there. There is a lot of negativity and gossip which the management does not control. The interview process was not representative of the actual working conditions. I feel mislead that the majority of employees are bitter and sullen, not the work atmosphere I expected from my interview.

N/A

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Meijer.

I had a relative working at Meijer, which seems to be the best way to get hired. They barely interviewed me. I met with three different managers on the same day, and was offered the job after meeting with the store director.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions - it was a very basic interview.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation in regards to wages - you were able to suggest what area you wanted to work in, but there were no guarantees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, MI

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Meijer in March 2014.

First I had a phone interview with the cashier team leader. Two days later I was called back for an interview with both the cashier team leader and the line team leader for the following day. I did a third interview two days later with the store director and that was when I was offered a position. Overall the questions are fairly standard

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a situation with management that made you uncomfortable.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I make minimum wage and the store is unionized. You get raises after you work so many hours.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Meijer.

Although I was offered the job after only one interview, the interview process generally has three phases, beginning with a department team leader, then possibly either the grocery or hard good lines team leader (depending on the position), then finally ending with a the store director. Primary interviewer was very casual in their approach.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where you provided excellent customer experience.   View Answer
    Non-negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

Know about the store; Meijer respects Family, Friendliness, Freshness, and Safety. Understand that you must card everyone that does not appear over 40. There will be three interviews with three different people before you know if you get the job. In the interview you will be asked general basic questions about yourself. You will be asked if you are easily intimidated by authority figures, how you have reacted in hard situations, and of course your availability. Surprise shoppers check on your performance if you get the job, so always be spot on. Meijer pays by the hour starting with minimum wage though it goes up based on the amount of hours you have worked, at milestones I suppose. Mostly be friendly, smile, card everyone, and help customers and fellow employees in anyway you can!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Meijer in June 2013.

Their are three part to their interview process. One interview each with three different lead workers at the company. Two with two different mangers. One with The lead of the of the position that you applied for.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of their interview process is that it runs over a couple of days depending on how many people or spot they have available. I came back two times just for the interview process and I was worried if they was going to call me back. Ibhsd two interviews in one day and one interview days later.   Answer Question
    They only thing that was negotiateble was the hours that you are willing to work but they still had a set time that they wanted you to be open from.The wage is already established. And is none negotiateble.

3 interviews for job

Cashier Interview

So far, the application process has taken like ten days, from the time i filed the app. online to the phone call back and till the phone interview. its kinda frightening to have a phone interview and then a face to face interview before hired. expectations!?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer in November 2012.

I had started my application on the website, but I never finished it. I got a call from a manager asking me to come in for an interview. My first interview was with a different department manager. He said he would call me back the next day if they decided to go ahead with a second interview. I got a call a week later, asking me to come back in to meet with a department director. When I came in, he wasn't available so I met with the department manager. She sent me directly back to my third interview with the director of the store, who hired me on the spot, and they moved me into the secretary's office to start the paperwork. Initially, it felt like they didn't want me, and then all of a sudden it was rushed through, like they were desperate.

Interview Questions
    • If we call you asking for you to come in on your day off, are you prepared to drop everything you're doing to come in?   View Answer