Meijer

Average Difficulty
30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, MI

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Meijer in March 2014.

Interview Details – First I had a phone interview with the cashier team leader. Two days later I was called back for an interview with both the cashier team leader and the line team leader for the following day. I did a third interview two days later with the store director and that was when I was offered a position. Overall the questions are fairly standard

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a situation with management that made you uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I make minimum wage and the store is unionized. You get raises after you work so many hours.

Warren, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Meijer in June 2013.

Interview Details – Their are three part to their interview process. One interview each with three different lead workers at the company. Two with two different mangers. One with The lead of the of the position that you applied for.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of their interview process is that it runs over a couple of days depending on how many people or spot they have available. I came back two times just for the interview process and I was worried if they was going to call me back. Ibhsd two interviews in one day and one interview days later.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They only thing that was negotiateble was the hours that you are willing to work but they still had a set time that they wanted you to be open from.The wage is already established. And is none negotiateble.

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Meijer in February 2012.

Interview Details – online application, in person interivew

Interview Question – they didnt really ask that   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not enough pay

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Meijer.

Interview Details – I had a relative working at Meijer, which seems to be the best way to get hired. They barely interviewed me. I met with three different managers on the same day, and was offered the job after meeting with the store director.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions - it was a very basic interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation in regards to wages - you were able to suggest what area you wanted to work in, but there were no guarantees.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meijer in November 2012.

Interview Details – I had started my application on the website, but I never finished it. I got a call from a manager asking me to come in for an interview. My first interview was with a different department manager. He said he would call me back the next day if they decided to go ahead with a second interview. I got a call a week later, asking me to come back in to meet with a department director. When I came in, he wasn't available so I met with the department manager. She sent me directly back to my third interview with the director of the store, who hired me on the spot, and they moved me into the secretary's office to start the paperwork. Initially, it felt like they didn't want me, and then all of a sudden it was rushed through, like they were desperate.

Interview Question – If we call you asking for you to come in on your day off, are you prepared to drop everything you're doing to come in?   View Answer

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Meijer.

Interview Details – Although I was offered the job after only one interview, the interview process generally has three phases, beginning with a department team leader, then possibly either the grocery or hard good lines team leader (depending on the position), then finally ending with a the store director. Primary interviewer was very casual in their approach.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time where you provided excellent customer experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Lansing, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meijer in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and they contacted me a couple weeks later, I had a phone interview with a manager then they asked me to come in for a second. I got asked all the normal questions, "name a time you handled a stressful situation..." etc. It was a pretty laid back interview and I had an interview with the store director the same day and was hired in.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Hartland, MI

Interview Details – It was very nice and a little laid back other than the basic questions of "tell me alittle bit about yourself" and "what do you think you can bring to the job".

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions really it will be the easiest interview you'll have depending on who you talk too...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You wont be able to negotiate wages because its all fair game even if you have 20 years in retail or whatever.

Toledo, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meijer.

Interview Details – Know about the store; Meijer respects Family, Friendliness, Freshness, and Safety. Understand that you must card everyone that does not appear over 40. There will be three interviews with three different people before you know if you get the job. In the interview you will be asked general basic questions about yourself. You will be asked if you are easily intimidated by authority figures, how you have reacted in hard situations, and of course your availability. Surprise shoppers check on your performance if you get the job, so always be spot on. Meijer pays by the hour starting with minimum wage though it goes up based on the amount of hours you have worked, at milestones I suppose. Mostly be friendly, smile, card everyone, and help customers and fellow employees in anyway you can!

Interview Question – None, it was all pretty basic.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Meijer

Interview Details – 3 interviews for job

Interview Question – they were all diffcult   Answer Question

Worked for Meijer? Contribute to the Community!