Meijer Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.2

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

Interview

straight forward. 3 rounds, 1 person each. I interviewed with my main boss, and then the assistant store director, and than the store director. everyone was very nice and it was not a bad interview process. a little lenghty though

Other Interview Reviews for Meijer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Detroit, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

The Meijers Hiring Process
    Three Interviews with different people.
    1) Phone Interview. Which takes about 15 Mins.
    2) In person interview With the Team Leader ( If You Make it past the first interview. This Interview is the most critical part of the hiring process)
    3) In person Interview with the store director ( More Of a Meet and Great.

I applied to a new meijer store.
    It took about 3-4 weeks In Total.

The energy was very high and welcoming.

Dress appropriate.
    Stay calm.
    Always smile.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone that was rude? What did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiations for positions under management. Its minimum wage with quarterly raises after 350 work hours complete its programmed to give you a raise after so many hours worked.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Battle Creek, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was 3 interviews. I personally interviewed with 2 managers and the store director all in the same day.The interview questions were simple S.T.A.R. (Situation, Task, Action, Result). All 3 of the interviews took an hour. Really friendly associates.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time where you had to work with a coworker you hated?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Meijer (Fairborn, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

First they call you and give a phone interview, and if they pass you on you go to two more interviews in-person at the store. The interviews aren't hard, they're somewhat casual, the questions are easy and they grade your answer on a scale of 1 to 3; it's a lot of problem-based thinking, so you describe a problem you had and how you dealt with it and whether it worked out well and what you learned; it's all pretty simple. However if they decide not to hire you they won't tell you; if you want to call to call to check up on your application status and you even have phone number and get a manager on the line, they'll probably take down your number and say they'll call you back and then you won't hear from them again if they don't plan on hiring you.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you were faced with a situation that you believed was unfair   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you disagreed with someone that you had to work with   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Woodhaven, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process is very easy what I don't like is how long the background check process takes and their lack of communication after the 3rd interview i have received like 3 more job offers since my last interview with them and all they can say is that they dont know how long the background could possibly take. It is so unorganized and unprofessional.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

Interview

It takes three interviews and hours of mindless tests that teach you nothing and is very redundant. You have to talk to the store director, your department manager, and another manager and they ask you tons of questions that don't really mean anything. As long as you can answer, you are all right. The computer training process is dumb and you will pass. They never give you any real training for the job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Meijer.

Interview

Everyone was friendly and welcoming, which was what prompted me to want to work there. There is a lot of negativity and gossip which the management does not control. The interview process was not representative of the actual working conditions. I feel mislead that the majority of employees are bitter and sullen, not the work atmosphere I expected from my interview.

Negotiation

N/A

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Meijer.

Interview

I had a relative working at Meijer, which seems to be the best way to get hired. They barely interviewed me. I met with three different managers on the same day, and was offered the job after meeting with the store director.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions - it was a very basic interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation in regards to wages - you were able to suggest what area you wanted to work in, but there were no guarantees.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Meijer (Charlotte, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with the cashier team leader. Two days later I was called back for an interview with both the cashier team leader and the line team leader for the following day. I did a third interview two days later with the store director and that was when I was offered a position. Overall the questions are fairly standard

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a situation with management that made you uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I make minimum wage and the store is unionized. You get raises after you work so many hours.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Meijer.

Interview

Although I was offered the job after only one interview, the interview process generally has three phases, beginning with a department team leader, then possibly either the grocery or hard good lines team leader (depending on the position), then finally ending with a the store director. Primary interviewer was very casual in their approach.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you provided excellent customer experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable