Meijer Interview Questions in Cincinnati, OH

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meijer in November 2012.

I had started my application on the website, but I never finished it. I got a call from a manager asking me to come in for an interview. My first interview was with a different department manager. He said he would call me back the next day if they decided to go ahead with a second interview. I got a call a week later, asking me to come back in to meet with a department director. When I came in, he wasn't available so I met with the department manager. She sent me directly back to my third interview with the director of the store, who hired me on the spot, and they moved me into the secretary's office to start the paperwork. Initially, it felt like they didn't want me, and then all of a sudden it was rushed through, like they were desperate.

Interview Questions
    • If we call you asking for you to come in on your day off, are you prepared to drop everything you're doing to come in?   View Answer

Third Shift GM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Meijer in November 2012.

I filled out the application. A few days later, Meijer called and set up an interview. I had three interviews. The first was with the third shift first assistance. The second interview was with the 3rd shift store director in charge. After passing both of the interviews, the 3rd shift store director in charge set me up for an interview with the regular store director. After a brief interview, the store director told me that I was hired and sent me to another office to fill out some information so that they could set up a background check. My only complaint is that the whole process took a month! I know the store was busy, but most people will not wait that long before moving on.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Part time positions generally do not offer the ability to negotiate.

Store Director In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Meijer in October 2009.

First a phone interview with recruiter and then a more in-depth in person interview with recruiter. She said she was very impressed and I would proceed to the next step. Next had an interview with one of the current Store Directors who said he would recommend me for the job. Then had one MORE in person interview with ANOTHER Store Director who also recommended that they hire me and said I would be hearing back from the recruiter. I waited for 2-3 weeks to hear from the recruiter and she never called to tell me whether I had the job or not. I called her several times but only got vmail before I FINALLY reached her and she said that they loved me but did not have a current opening and she would keep me in mind until she could find me a spot. Then a few months later I saw the same ad posted AGAIN for a Store Director in Training. I emailed the Recruiter to remind her that I was still interested and never heard back from her.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question
    • Do you have comfortable shoes because you won't be sitting down much.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Middletown, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, OH

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Meijer in July 2008.

I was called for the interview. I arrived 15-20 mins. early. Had to wait about 30 minutes before the
    customer service supervisor was available. She didn't ask me other than if I was still interested in
    the job (at the time for 3rds) and set me up to come back for orientation. She did acknowledge about me being early. There was only the one interview since it was for an hourly job. Meijer usually always needs
    help. Their turnaround for associates is very high. Someone is always new and someone is always
    quitting. When I did report for orientation. I once again had to wait about 20 minutes along with
    five other new hires to start. The orientation is rather lengthy with a boring video about the company
    and then numerous online videos to watch and quizzes to take. It takes about two days to do it all.
    As far as my concern their is no culture to work at Meijer. It's a job anyone can do if they are very much
    in need of a job ASAP.

The funny thing about the pay with Meijer, thanks to be in a union, is the raises are a joke. No 90 day
    raise. Depending on the number of hours you work in a year, that you put in, you could get...hold your breath and dime or nickel raise.

Worked for Meijer? Contribute to the Community!