Meijer GM Clerk Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Grove City, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I had three very quick interviews and they were all very easy. All of the interviewers were very nice. They all understood I had no job experience, or experiences with interviews, and helped me not feel stressed. They also understood that I could only work certain times during the week. They clearly state what the dress code is, what jobs I would do in my position, how my first few weeks would go, the pay, and other information I would need to know going into the job.

Interview Questions

• If you were a used car in a car lot, what three words would you use to get me to buy you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Meijer

GM Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer.

Interview

The process has changed since I got hired several years ago. Got a phone call to set up a time for an interview. Went in and the interview lasted 20 minutes at the most. Only had one interview with my current manager and started within the next couple weeks. Now all candidates go through at least 2 or 3 interviews and start within a couple weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell them a time at work when I had to make a difficult ethical choice.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since my job is in retail there really isn't any negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Reynoldsburg, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Meijer (Reynoldsburg, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I went in during a job fair. There are 3 interviews, with members of increasing seniority, the third being the store manager. My interview with the first two set up 1) When I'd be available to work and what my interests were, 2) talked about benefits, raises, schedules, the point system, and asked why I wanted to work, 3) personal interview with the store manager who gets a view of your personality and work ethic through questions and personal conversations. I had a very extensive talk with mine about the STEM program I was enrolled in at my school and he tried showing me what his son was doing in college that was STEM related but his phone died and then couple of days later he came to find me and show me when he got his phone back up. I thought this was awesome!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Meijer?   Answer Question
    • What is something you have done that had an effect on those around you. Meaning you were strongly recognized for it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, about two weeks later got call to make interview appointment. Made appointment that following week. Interview was quick, 3 behavioral questions. and was told to hear call back following week. The questions were typical, and pretty laid back. Didn't receive call back by date they said they would :(

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camby, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Meijer (Camby, IN) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview process very fast and accurate. When they are interested in you they press forward with upper management until everything goes through. Normal two-step interview - first with your manager for the selected area, and then a second with the store manager. Questions were normal - "explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and what you did to resolve the issue", "what was your reason for leaving your previous job"

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years with the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Meijer (Toledo, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

very friendly, and comfortable. Managers were extremely friendly and personable. They treated you with respect and were exceptionable amicable. They provided very detailed information regarding expectations on the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in this field before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Fort Wayne, IN) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position after returning from vacation in August. I received a call from the team lead on Oct. 3 first - she told me who she was, who she worked for, and then asked if I was interested in the position. I said yes, and she then proceeded to ask various questions, like background questions, situational questions and what not. At the end of the 15 minute phone interview, she told me she was going to pass my name along to her manager. I received the call from her manager a week later, scheduling an interview for that Friday. Upon going into that interview on Friday, he asked me 5 questions since I had no previous work experience, and they were all very simple situational questions. Questions like, "Was there a time you had to do something you did not want to do, what was it, and how did you overcome the situation?" After the interview was completed (it was literally less than 15 minutes), he told me he was going to pass me along to the Store Director for final say/approval. The next Tuesday, I received a call from the assistant asking me to come in the next morning. This portion of the interview was pretty simple as well, but he also asked what I knew about the company (which I knew some, from research on the internet), and then he asked if I knew what Meijer's values were, and since I had forgotten, he explained each of them - (customer-centered, competitive spirit, freshness, and "familyness.") He asked about 5 more situational questions as well, and then offered employment, pending the results of a background check. This portion of the interview process took about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me of a time you had a disagreement with someone else, and how you overcame the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Although Meijer is a union-based business in Michigan, and other states, in Indiana it is not. In Indiana, they offer quarterly incentives based on how well their employees portray the store, and help customers. As well as slightly-above minimum wage hourly payments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Standale, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Meijer (Standale, MI) in February 2011.

Interview

First you get called in, then you get a one on one interview with the manager and the a one on one interview with the store director and the entire process usually takes forever.

Interview Questions

• What has been a difficult challenge you have overcome in work experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Meijer (Taylor, MI) in December 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone and asked general questions like why i wanted to work there, what relevant experience did i have, how would i handle a difficult customer, etc. It took about 30 minutes. I then scheduled a in person interview for two days later. That interview was with the manager i would be directly under and two other managers. They pretty much asked me the same questions and the interview lasted about 30 mins. They then told me to go sit outside for a moment and then they came to tell me the next day i was to come back for an interview with the store director. The interview with the store director was pretty easy. He asked a few questions then asked me about school, told me about himself and said as long as my background check came back good i would get the job. The background check took about 2 weeks and then i got a call to come in and start work.

GM Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Meijer in September 2008.

Interview

Meijer had an open interview day, I arrived and was interviewed within 15 minutes, I met with the team leader, they asked the standard fare interview questions, tell me about an experience, etc., I was offered the job immediately.