Meijer

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bowling Green, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Meijer in July 2013.

Interview Details – After posting my resume through the Meijer website I received a call from the team leader of the department I was being interviewed for. The initial call was to set up a date and time of a phone interview, and also to set up times for two more interviews with the Lines Leader and Store Director. I was told that they had just started having the Store Director interview perspective employees, however, so three interviews may be uncommon for other Meijer locations. The phone interview was very informal, as were the other two interviews. Although informal, there were standardized questions asked, such as "describe a time you were involved in a conflict and how you handled it" and "describe a time you exceeded a customer's expectations".

Interview Question – Describe a time you witnessed someone you worked with doing something unethical and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Plainfield, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Meijer in April 2008.

Interview Details – I was called within a day of filling out my application, and had my interview within the hour of the phone call due to my availability. The interviewer was the team leader of the department looking to hire me. She was very professional throughout the interview, and made me feel welcome at the interview rather than nervous. After the interview, I was offered the job and given the option of when I would like to star.

Interview Question – What is the absolute worst quality you have that would affect your work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the hours I received at that time, both the amount as well as the times I was available to work. Pay was non-negotiable, but it was $.50 above the minimum wage at the time

General Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Meijer in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online at company site-easy, comprehensive application.

Within days had a phone interview, was asked good questions concerning my skills and job preferences.

Had personal interview with 2 Managers just a few days later. They covered the job requirements fairly well, what was expected of me, they were easy to talk with, and seemed like they would be good to work for.

Went to my one-on-one interview with the Store Manager a few days after that. High level, so I felt a bit stressed, but he was relaxed, and open to questions, and willing to find the answer to the one he did not know. He let me know immediately afterwards that I had the job (pending background check results).

Had to wait nearly a month to begin work, since there was no one available to do the training!

Interview Question – Was asked several times about the 'commitment statement' of the store...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations involved.

Worked for Meijer? Contribute to the Community!